• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another irrefutable proof that God created all things using mathematical induction. And a proof that The Bible is the word of God.

TrueBeliever37

If you actually wanted to learn about vision there will no doubt be many resources available online - and given that our vision is hardly universal, why would all the others develop, apart from occurring in their niche of the environment. For example:

Be honest - Are you going to tell me you understood all that mess you just sent me links to? And it said Darwin himself confessed that to think the eye developed by natural selection seems absurd in the highest degree possible.

TrueBeliever37

It would and I, along with several others, explained multiple times now why it would, but alas.... :shrug:

And once again you tripple down on your strawman of "intention" in evolution and once again you ignore the gradual nature thereof.
Nobody says that creatures must be born with fully evolved complex eyeballs capable of high definition color vision.

How many times are you going to repeat this error?
How many times must it be pointed out?

I already did: being able to tell the difference between light and dark.

It's kind of ironic how you continue to tripple down on this nonsense when sight is probably one of the best understood traits in terms of evolutionary history.

It shows that you never bothered to read up on any of this.
Your answers are so ridiculous. If only you could see how foolish they are.

TrueBeliever37

Tell us al about the "precursor problem" of spanish speaking people while their distant ancestors spoke latin.

Can't get the spanish speaking child without the spanish speaking parent.

The problem only exists in the strawman in your head.
You are only repeating foolish responses. As I told you before, I know some spanish speaking individuals who DID NOT have a spanish speaking parent.

TrueBeliever37

I already did: being able to tell the difference between light and dark.
I asked why sight would ever develop to begin with. And there is your answer above: to be able to tell the difference between light and dark. If that were true then we should have developed wings by now so we could get places quicker.

One of the articles someone had sent me a link to, said that Darwin himself confessed that to think sight developed by natural selection seems absurd in the highest degree possible.

Last edited:

TrueBeliever37

There is no such thing as an "evolutionist" any more than a "germist" or an "atomic theorist", as in someone who believes in germs or atoms and all the rules that apply. There is just well demonstrated science.

None of it is belief, everything is based on what the evidence demonstrates.

All you are doing is pretending it's me who is hard to reason with because you had to face actual reason.

Let's look.
what you said:

"The article didn't prove that either. And I wasn't saying taste wasn't important. I was saying you could survive by eating without the food tasting wonderful - that was the point. So it wasn't a necessity for foods to evolve with different tastes or for tastebuds to be able to enjoy it to have evolved."

The answer, perfectly reasonable, which you don't comment on

"It was explained that taste buds actually DO contribute to the survival of an animal, and guess what........move that goalpost, as all apologists do.
Maybe Vishnu gave us tastebuds, or Inanna in her wisdom wanted us to enjoy taste. But it looks like it's just more evolution."

Then you asked -
YOUR WORDS -
"What would be the cause for a tree to evolve into an apple tree?"

and you got a reasonable explanation

An answer was given to which you completely are ignoring and pretending I answered with something completely unreasonable.

Fruits evolved because other animals eat them and throw away the seeds which is a excellent way to spread seeds around for a tree.
We also have an evolutionary understanding of the apple, with evidence, which again you ignored?

Again -

Exploring the origins of the apple

Apples originally evolved in the wild to entice ancient megafauna to disperse their seeds. More recently, humans began spreading the trees along the Silk Road with other familiar crops. Dispersing the apple trees led to their domestication.
www.sciencedaily.com
Summary:Apples originally evolved in the wild to entice ancient megafauna to disperse their seeds. More recently, humans began spreading the trees along the Silk Road with other familiar crops. Dispersing the apple trees led to their domestication.
Recent archaeological finds of ancient preserved apple seeds across Europe and West Asia combined with historical, paleontological, and recently published genetic data are presenting a fascinating new narrative for one of our most familiar fruits. In this study, Robert Spengler of the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History traces the history of the apple from its wild origins, noting that it was originally spread by ancient megafauna and later as a process of trade along the Silk Road. These processes allowed for the development of the varieties that we know today.

You are again literally asking why a tree would evolve apples, getting an answer and calling me "unreasonable".
So what you mean by "unreasonable" is I demonstrated your beliefs may not be rational.

First you asked WHY. What would a reason be.

Then you get an explanation AND a reference to actual archaeological data:
"Recent archaeological finds of ancient preserved apple seeds across Europe and West Asia combined with historical, paleontological, and recently published genetic data are presenting a fascinating new narrative for one of our most familiar fruits. In this study, Robert Spengler of the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History traces the history of the apple from its wild origins, noting that it was originally spread by ancient megafauna and later as a process of trade along the Silk Road. These processes allowed for the development of the varieties that we know today."

and you now say there "is no evidence and only claims"?????

Except there is actual evidence. Preserved apple seeds and genetic data from seeds give data that produces a narrative.

So you did not answer any of the post, you made all dishonest statements. So you simply do not care about what is actually true.
Your answers are unsound. Just to say that the apple tree developed in the wild first , doesn't prove evolution in any way whatsoever.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
That ought to convince a lot of people. The inventor of the theory didn't have much evidence, so it must be true.
That is a nice expansion on what you are responding to. The subject was the eye, not the body of evidence that was available to Darwin in formulating his theory of evolution and natural selection. Do you want to make a valid arguments or continue to use those sorts of misleading techniques?

Most of the Origin of Species was the accumulated evidence used to base the theory on. It doesn't sound like you have reviewed what you seek to reject.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Your answers are unsound. Just to say that the apple tree developed in the wild first , doesn't prove evolution in any way whatsoever.
Nothing proves anything in science. Proof is not a standard of science, but the evidence of the origin of apples is known. It, like other domesticate plants and animals, is evidence supporting the theory of evolution. Disdain for or rejection of an idea on ideological grounds is not evidence against the idea.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Be honest - Are you going to tell me you understood all that mess you just sent me links to? And it said Darwin himself confessed that to think the eye developed by natural selection seems absurd in the highest degree possible.
Let's say I don't understand the evidence for the evolution of the eye but, as we can see, it is available. My ignorance of that material wouldn't be evidence that the material is false or incorrect. Declaring that I or another doesn't understand it would be perpetuating an argument from ignorance in promotion of a god of the gaps argument.

Your understanding or my understanding of available information is not a component of valid refutation or rejection of that material. What it does mean is that we would need to learn the material in order to accept or reject it.

TrueBeliever37

Nothing proves anything in science. Proof is not a standard of science, but the evidence of the origin of apples is known. It, like other domesticate plants and animals, is evidence supporting the theory of evolution. Disdain for or rejection of an idea on ideological grounds is not evidence against the idea.

Existence of apples or the apple tree doesn't provide evidence of evolution.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes. A century ago Darwin said that. And if we had stood still and learned nothing in that time, it would still be a reasonable assessment of our state of knowledge of eye evolution. We did not do that. We studied. We observed. We learned.

Now, that effort has filled the gap that was pointed out by Darwin.

Are there any more recent scientists that you can turn to or is it going to be another vilification of the long dead?

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Existence of apples or the apple tree doesn't provide evidence of evolution.
Existence of populations of apple trees with heritable variation that is under selection by the environment or man is further evidence of evolution.

Domesticated plants and animals are fantastic evidence for evolution.

TrueBeliever37

Let's say I don't understand the evidence for the evolution of the eye but, as we can see, it is available. My ignorance of that material wouldn't be evidence that the material is false or incorrect. Declaring that I or another doesn't understand it would be perpetuating an argument from ignorance in promotion of a god of the gaps argument.

Your understanding or my understanding of available information is not a component of valid refutation or rejection of that material. What it does mean is that we would need to learn the material in order to accept or reject it.
So if you need to learn the material before you accept or reject it. Why are you then promoting something you don't understand, and shouldn't have either accepted or rejected it until you learned about it?