• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Trump thread!

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Orange man bad!

I said the thing. Give me frubals?

Seriously though, 14/20 of the threads in the first page of North American Politics sub forum are specifically about TRUMP.

Is there really nothing else to talk about in the sphere of North American politics? Like, at all? Genuine question.

Trump dominates the conversation. I’m sure he is glad about that.

I don’t have to participate in Trump threads, true. But they take up a lot of space ;-;

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
It's really out of hand on this board. Many of them are not even American, but are still pathetically obsessed with Trump. It's insane and also boring. I don't even like making threads and I'm thinking of making several to push it away. Lol.
I suppose the MSM pushes the fear that Trump will doom us all. But the last 46 presidencies didn’t end the world (including a Trump one), so I don’t think another Trump presidency will bring about the apocalypse. I do agree it is out of hand, from my “all politicians suck” perspective I don’t see what all the hype and dread is around Trump specifically. Just another politician in another “most important election ever” election.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It's really out of hand on this board. Many of them are not even American, ...

Some might even be immigrants, or the children or grand-children of immigrants -- you know, those dangerous commie fascist drug addicts eating your pets and poisoning the blood of our country. If only RF could be limited to productive upstanding real Americans. :oops:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I suppose the MSM pushes the fear that Trump will doom us all. But the last 46 presidencies didn’t end the world (including a Trump one), so I don’t think another Trump presidency will bring about the apocalypse. I do agree it is out of hand, from my “all politicians suck” perspective I don’t see what all the hype and dread is around Trump specifically. Just another politician in another “most important election ever” election.
I think the US is heading towards a collapse regardless of who gets into the White House, so it doesn't really matter in the long run. It's because our system isn't sustainable. We're a declining empire and it's hauntingly similar to the decline and fall of the Western Roman Empire in various ways. Also, the president doesn't have as much power to change things as we think and they are also puppets beholden to special interests and the deep state. No one who is sincere in wanting real change gets anywhere close to the White House.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's really out of hand on this board. Many of them are not even American, but are still pathetically obsessed with Trump. It's insane and also boring. I don't even like making threads and I'm thinking of making several to push it away. Lol.
Like it or not, America is today's Rome, and what happens here will affect all the world for a long time to come.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Orange man bad!

Seriously though, 14/20 of the threads in the first page of North American Politics sub forum are specifically about TRUMP.

Is there really nothing else to talk about in the sphere of North American politics? Like, at all? Genuine question.

I don’t have to participate in Trump threads, true. But they take up a lot of space ;-;
Given there is a presidential election about to take place it's hardly surprising that there's so much on RF about the candidate who is, let's be neutral, somewhat controversial. Americans are probably the nationality most represented on RF. Non-American political events get far less interest therefore (eg the recent British general election). Non-Americans have...concerns...about Trump...

Clizby Wampuscat

Orange man bad!

Almost all threads are to tell us how bad trump is. It’s a sickness with them.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Given there is a presidential election about to take place it's hardly surprising that there's so much on RF about the candidate who is, let's be neutral, somewhat controversial. Americans are probably the nationality most represented on RF. Non-American political events get far less interest therefore (eg the recent British general election). Non-Americans have...concerns...about Trump...
I suppoooooooosee.

God, part of me hopes Trump wins because I find twitter tirades from The President of the United States to be peak comedy. But I also don’t want him to win because I don’t wanna hear all the yapping about him for the next four years, I’d just like the conversation to move past him. I personally don’t think it really matters who wins the presidency but that’s just my worldview and I recognize is not shared by many on this board. But because of my view it enables me to be apathetic towards Trump I suppose. Just another politician out of many to me.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the US is heading towards a collapse regardless of who gets into the White House, so it doesn't really matter in the long run. It's because our system isn't sustainable. We're a declining empire and it's hauntingly similar to the decline and fall of the Western Roman Empire in various ways. Also, the president doesn't have as much power to change things as we think and they are also puppets beholden to special interests and the deep state. No one who is sincere in wanting real change gets anywhere close to the White House.
I agree there are parallels to historical, late-empire collapses, but as far as the current election is concerned, there are also similarities to 20th century totalitarian transitions.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Almost all threads are to tell us how bad trump is. It’s a sickness with them.
I wouldn’t go as far as to call it a sickness. It’s understandable if you find the constant negative conversation around Trump to be abrasive, but is it not dismissive and rather rude to label it “a sickness”? I would much prefer to try to understand why all the hype around Trump. In “their” minds, they are being reasonable with the constant uproar about Trump. True, I am shooting spitballs at them with the OP, but let’s not call it “a sickness” :)

Secret Chief

Degrow!
I suppoooooooosee.

God, part of me hopes Trump wins because I find twitter tirades from The President of the United States to be peak comedy. But I also don’t want him to win because I don’t wanna hear all the yapping about him for the next four years, I’d just like the conversation to move past him. I personally don’t think it really matters who wins the presidency but that’s just my worldview and I recognize is not shared by many on this board. But because of my view it enables me to be apathetic towards Trump I suppose. Just another politician out of many to me.
Do you live in the US?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Like it or not, America is today's Rome, and what happens here will affect all the world for a long time to come.
If the rest of the world were smart, they would stop relying on us as much as possible and seek their own strength from within. This is the collapse of the post-WW2 world order with the US as a superpower, and the birth of a more nationalistic, multipolar global system. I just hope we stop having psychopaths rule over us, and that the people of all their respective nations are able to be listened to in the long run.

"Because we're all bogged down
And there ain't no ****ing S.O.S
That's gonna save our sinking ship
Because we're all bogged down
No, there ain't no ****ing S.O.S
That's gonna save our sinking ship
Our ship

In the ash of your city lies fertile ground
(In the ash of your city lies fertile ground)
In the ash of your city lies fertile ground
(In the ash of your city lies fertile ground)
This nation's burning, burning down
(This nation's burning, burning down)
This nation's burning to the ground
This is the modern Rome burning
Let it burn
Let it burn
Let it burn, let it burn

This is New York burning
This is Boston burning
This is Omaha burning

This is Washington burning
This is Pittsburgh burning
This is Birmingham burning

Let it burn, let it burn
Burn, burn"

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
If the rest of the world were smart, they would stop relying on us as much as possible and seek their own strength from within
I wonder how much of others “relying” on US is through their choice and not the US choice. I’ve seen it in the news before where the US don’t like its allies trading with certain countries. So maybe the US forces others to “rely” on them in order to remain dominant? I am out of the loop on news sources I trust (MSM is not legit news so I don’t consider myself to be in the loop anymore since that’s all my exposure nowadays).

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Orange man bad!

Like Trump or not, he has turned American politics on its head.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the rest of the world were smart, they would stop relying on us as much as possible and seek their own strength from within. This is the collapse of the post-WW2 world order with the US as a superpower, and the birth of a more nationalistic, multipolar global system. I just hope we stop having psychopaths rule over us, and that the people of all their respective nations are able to be listened to in the long run.
The problem is empire. America has insinuated itself into -- if not directly manipulated -- the politics of much of the rest of the world. The US has been nation-building for nearly two centuries, both overtly and covertly. It's not likely to bow out gracefully, nor is the pax americana that's been established going to reconfigure itself peacefully.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
You genuinely can't see why?
That be like me asking why you guys genuinely can’t see why democracy is tyranny and we shouldn’t participate and perpetuate it.

It would require a paradigm shift in your worldview and perspective to see things the way I do, and vice versa.

So yes, I struggle with seeing what all the hype with Trump is about. I see the presidency as a figurehead position, so perhaps my question is silly for me to ask.