• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Trump thread!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the rest of the world were smart, they would stop relying on us as much as possible and seek their own strength from within. This is the collapse of the post-WW2 world order with the US as a superpower, and the birth of a more nationalistic, multipolar global system. I just hope we stop having psychopaths rule over us, and that the people of all their respective nations are able to be listened to in the long run.
The problem is empire. America has insinuated itself into -- if not directly manipulated -- the politics of much of the rest of the world. The US has been nation-building for nearly two centuries, both overtly and covertly. It's not likely to bow out gracefully, nor is the pax americana that's been established going to reconfigure itself peacefully.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
This is something strongly promoted by the Republicans that you have bought into. "You can't trust the MSM - it's lefty propaganda - follow the real news on the following recommended platforms: ...."
Oh, I beat the republicans to this one :) and the republicans listen to “controlled opposition” which is created in order to make actual legit news mixed in with the Alex Jone’s type.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
That be like me asking why you guys genuinely can’t see why democracy is tyranny and we shouldn’t participate and perpetuate it.

It would require a paradigm shift in your worldview and perspective to see things the way I do, and vice versa.

So yes, I struggle with seeing what all the hype with Trump is about. I see the presidency as a figurehead position, so perhaps my question is silly for me to ask.
Ok. You saying that a neofascist head of government is just another head of government (as you reject all government) ?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
So yes, I struggle with seeing what all the hype with Trump is about.
It's because he's seen as speaking more plainly, and more concerned with the issues of the middle and working class than modern Dems are. He's won over a lot of disaffected Democratic voters and others who are unhappy with the status quo as an example of this. I mean, that's why his supporters mostly seem to support him.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That be like me asking why you guys genuinely can’t see why democracy is tyranny and we shouldn’t participate and perpetuate it.

It would require a paradigm shift in your worldview and perspective to see things the way I do, and vice versa.
Interesting point of view. Explain?
And why are you assuming democracy?
So yes, I struggle with seeing what all the hype with Trump is about. I see the presidency as a figurehead position, so perhaps my question is silly for me to ask.
They thought the German chancellorship and Italian prime and interior ministries were controllable figurehead positions back in the early 20th century, as well....

Pogo

I wonder how much of others “relying” on US is through their choice and not the US choice. I’ve seen it in the news before where the US don’t like its allies trading with certain countries. So maybe the US forces others to “rely” on them in order to remain dominant? I am out of the loop on news sources I trust (MSM is not legit news so I don’t consider myself to be in the loop anymore since that’s all my exposure nowadays).
Well it sure isn't as unreliable as a blog on the internet or Russia today.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I wonder how much of others “relying” on US is through their choice and not the US choice. I’ve seen it in the news before where the US don’t like its allies trading with certain countries. So maybe the US forces others to “rely” on them in order to remain dominant? I am out of the loop on news sources I trust (MSM is not legit news so I don’t consider myself to be in the loop anymore since that’s all my exposure nowadays).

Trump has said a number of times now, that he will put 100% tariffs on any country who de-dollarises and stops trading in dollars. That is the blatant use of American power to force other countries to his will. No wonder Europe is worried about Trump. He likened de-dollarisation to losing a war.

Pogo

Trump has said a number of times now, that he will put 100% tariffs on any country who de-dollarises and stops trading in dollars. That is the blatant use of American power to force other countries to his will. No wonder Europe is worried about Trump. He likened de-dollarisation to losing a war.
Other than it is mostly bombast, it is just another example of Trump's authoritarian ideas that he can do whatever he wants without any rational evaluation of the repercussions.

Clizby Wampuscat

I wouldn’t go as far as to call it a sickness. It’s understandable if you find the constant negative conversation around Trump to be abrasive, but is it not dismissive and rather rude to label it “a sickness”? I would much prefer to try to understand why all the hype around Trump. In “their” minds, they are being reasonable with the constant uproar about Trump. True, I am shooting spitballs at them with the OP, but let’s not call it “a sickness” :)
I disagree. I think it is accurate.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's because he's seen as speaking more plainly, and more concerned with the issues of the middle and working class than modern Dems are. He's won over a lot of disaffected Democratic voters and others who are unhappy with the status quo as an example of this. I mean, that's why his supporters mostly seem to support him.
Yes, he's commiserating with the disaffected middle and working classes, talking tough, assigning blame and manufacturing issues. Classic despotic tactics.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Yes, he's commiserating with the disaffected middle and working classes, talking tough, assigning blame and manufacturing issues. Classic despotic tactics.
Why is relating to the middle and working class seen as "despotic"??? I mean, Democrats no longer care about them, obviously.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Other than it is mostly bombast, it is just another example of Trump's authoritarian ideas that he can do whatever he wants without any rational evaluation of the repercussions.
Trump has already put heavy tariffs on Its European Allies and on the UK. these are not small matters.
He has also prevented Europe trading hitec goods and services with China. On the pretext of security, when in realty it is commercial protectionism, too shore up failing American industries.
No security issues have ever been shown to exist.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If the rest of the world were smart, they would stop relying on us as much as possible and seek their own strength from within

It's not really a case of relying, it's more world economics. America has put its finger in many pies across the world to apply controls that suite America leaving the situation that if America sneezes the rest of the world catches a cold.