• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-immigrant rhetoric

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes you are allowed to file for asylum, in fact you have a year to do it.
A common scenario is to cross the border and then proceed to the nearest border patrol and turn yourself in.

Yes it seems absurd, but that is the law and the procedure.
No it dosent nor should work that way.

All applications are made at Port of Entry , not this idiotic and frankly dangerous loophole assuming what you're saying is true since I see no provided links on that it's proper to jump the fence unsupervised and unhindered and just run to a border patrol station which you and me both know they're not going to do.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No it dosent nor should work that way.

All applications are made at Port of Entry , not this idiotic and frankly dangerous loophole assuming what you're saying is true since I see no provided links on that it's proper to jump the fence unsupervised and unhindered and just run to a border patrol station which you and me both know they're not going to do.

I gave you the rules as per a government site up thread.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Yes and that clearly applies only to people who enter via port of entry.

Take 2:
Government site scroll down to - Can I Still Apply for Asylum Even if I Am in the United States Illegally? And press it

"Yes. You may apply for asylum with USCIS regardless of your immigration status if:

You are not currently in removal proceedings
You file an asylum application within 1 year of arriving to the United States or demonstrate that you are within an exception to that rule."

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are a leftist
I call myself a liberal, a progressive, and an atheistic humanist. In America, leftist is meant as an epithet and is used almost exclusively by MAGA conservatives the way that they call the Democratic Party the Democrat Party. It is intended to be offensive and to characterize liberals as radical extremists. That's probably untrue in your country, and not what you mean by the word, but just so that you know, you probably shouldn't refer to an American liberal as a leftist if your purpose is to be descriptive rather than derogatory.

Likewise with the frequent reference to Trump being a convicted felon 34 times over, and comments like this one: More Felonies Than Baskin-Robbins Has Flavors

But back to "rightist" propaganda through framing. From https://www.lawrentian.com/archives/1022577 ("The difference between leftists and liberals")

"According to the average Tucker Carlson tangent, the more disagreeable an idea is, the more leftist it is."

Carlson, you may know, is a disgraced propagandist who you probably also know is a Putin apologist. Naturally, he used that word frequently.

Here's a test: Do Italians refer to their conservatives as rightists (in Italian, of course)? If so, your people use the word descriptively. You don't hear rightist coming from Americans to refer to the right. Leftist is a MAGA meme intended to denigrate liberals, a game the left is only now starting to play using the word weird to denigrate people like Trump, Vance, and now Kennedy. They are appropriately described as not representing authentic America values and of having extreme ideas, but the use of the word weird is intended to have the same denigrating impact.

Bottom line. If your purpose is to offend and denigrate American liberals - and I'm pretty sure it's not - then describe them as leftist, far left, extreme, or radical, or combine a few. Or, if that word is neutral to you but you prefer not in indulge in MAGA propaganda, change it to liberal.

I also don't call myself a Democrat just because I vote for Democrats just as I don't call myself a New York Yankee even if I vote for Aaron Judge to go to the All-Star game. Just as Yankees are people who play for and work for the team, Democrats are people that have been elected as Democrats or otherwise have roles in the Democratic Party.

I don't identify with any party, just an ideology which the Democrats more closely approximate than the Republicans. I identify with Bernie Sanders, who calls himself Independent, not a Democrat, more than Kamala.
It would be illogical to defend a lawless gang of conservatives who hire hit men...right?
Did you think I did that?

I don't advocate for violence. If I did, I'd recommend that Joe take an automatic weapon into the Supreme Court and fix it as an act consistent with his duty to protect the Constitution now protected by immunity thanks to that Court.

But I don't and haven't. I'm content to let Thomas (born June 23, 1948) and Alito (born April 1, 1950) die or retire when Democrats are presidents, which is likely if Kamala is elected and reelected, and a virtual certainty if Walz or another Democrat succeeds her.

I also don't want Trump killed, but not for the reasons I don't want you or almost everybody else not killed. I don't want him killed before the election because I don't want him martyred, which would give his replacement - Vance? - a bump in the polls and improve his legacy. I want no sympathy for him or his family.

And I don't want him killed after the election not just because I don't want to see him martyred, but because I want him to suffer the expense and indignity of having his fortune confiscated and auctioned off, sitting through multiple trials, being convicted in them, and then having a nice, long retirement in prison.

And that opinion has nothing to do with sexuality - his or mine - or because I was told to think like that. This is just old-fashioned contempt for a contemptible person based in what he has said and done.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Yes you are allowed to file for asylum, in fact you have a year to do it.
A common scenario is to cross the border and then proceed to the nearest border patrol and turn yourself in.

Yes it seems absurd, but that is the law and the procedure.
This way they get interviewed by a judge, not a USCIS officer. "Could be" some have heard stories that it's easier to get approved through this method. I'm sure many are making their way on hearsay.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
When we first moved to Mexico, I was asked why I wanted to live with the illegals. I explained that Mexicans were legal in Mexico, and that the only illegal I knew was my American neighbor who had let her visa lapse.
:laughing:
My backyard last Independence Day
Screenshot_20240901_210704_Gallery.jpg

So much fun, but their energy wears me out!