• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently a trans woman can shower with young teen girls ab while having a penis.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Can you pronounce sauna properly?
Yep, as most leave out the "u" when they pronounce it with only two syllables. Thus, properly said, it sounds like sow-un'-a.

Know what "sisu" is?

BTW, I used to be able to speak some Swedish as that's the part of my ancestry that I always affiliated mostly with, but age + not using it has taken its toll. :(

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yep, as most leave out the "u" when they pronounce it with only two syllables. Thus, properly said, it sounds like sow-un'-a.

Know what "sisu" is?

BTW, I used to be able to speak some Swedish as that's the part of my ancestry that I always affiliated mostly with, but age + not using it has taken its toll. :(
I am too far separated from my roots. But it appears to be arise from the fact that -20 is really not that cold.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's cultural. I imagine we could do away with gender separation entirely and eventually it'd seem normal.
As it is now here, it's pretty common for public pools here to have three different change rooms: men, women, and family. In the family change room, there are no communal showers or change areas; everything's divided up into "family-sized" areas.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Seems like a terrible idea given the prevalence of mobile phones and the internet.
What I suggested was half joking, but also makes a half serious point, which I'll explain. So for argument's sake here:

You don't think people carry cell phones into locker rooms already? I know at the Y they have signs up that the use of cell phones in the locker rooms is prohibited. I'm pretty sure those went up because abuses does happen, in same sex locker rooms as well.
It only takes a small number of perverts, stalkers and horny teenage boys to turn such locker rooms into an unsafe space even if no physical assaults take place (and some will of course).
And the same measures that are taken to ensure locker rooms are safe for little boys with male perverts in the men's locker room would apply to co-ed locker spaces. Or do you believe that the incidents of pervs would increase because there is the opposite sex involved?

While I'm not a gay male, I'm pretty certain gay males find other males physcially attractive. Yet they are in the same locker rooms with other non-gay males. Same thing with females who are lesbians. And here is my point. Nudity is not the same thing as sexuality. Just because a gay man may see other men naked, does not mean they are going to be aroused by them.

And so the same thing with co-ed lockers is likely to be true. Once the mystique of seeing someone of the opposite sex unclothed is removed, it's just a naked person, not a sex object. In fact, we probably become even more grateful for clothing in most cases. :)

So my "in theory" argument here, is if we removed this created mystique of pubic nudity, the vast majority of its power it has on us as "lustful", is stripped away. Think of tribal peoples who are basically naked as their natural states. You think they have the fixation on others bodies like we have?

Plenty of women and girls would feel uncomfortable with such a situation and to dismiss this as nothing but irrational silliness seems a bit callous.
I'm not being calloused. Of course I recognize that you can't just simply jar people from an inherited cultural Victorian era view of the human body, to a more naturalized, massively reduced obsession with nudity that we have today.

But in theory, I wouldn't be surprised it wouldn't take very long for us to not care about it so much anymore if we were to actually do it. In theory, I think we would be healthier and happier for it. When you tell someone something is dirty and sinful, you give that thing more power. Take that away, and we become a whole lot less neurotic, about most anything we deem "dirty".
So many of these “solutions” to issues like these seem to involve turning a small problem into a much larger one.
Well, yes, with any progressive moves away from traditional norms, you have those who will fight it tooth and nail, and that becomes a "larger problem", like what you see with the MAGA crowd wanting to tear down democracy because they can't stand the idea of things like transgender recognition and acceptance, and gay marriage and the like.

I'm not being 100% serious in my suggestion here, but it does make a much larger point about our cultural obsessiveness about the human body and our neurotic responses to it. I'm pretty sure if you could find a society that had already adjusted to co-ed locker spaces, I think you see what I am saying has a great degree of truth to it. But getting to there from here, is of course, no small matter!