• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are all self professing Christians Believers of the same Biblical Christ?

No they all do not believe in the same Christ, the Jews are still waiting, the mormons belive Jesus was just a good man and the devils brother, the jw's believe Jesus was a good teacher, I don't know about other groups.both the mormons and jw's believe you are not saved by accepting Jesus as your saviour, there are works to do as well.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
No they all do not believe in the same Christ, the Jews are still waiting, the mormons belive Jesus was just a good man and the devils brother, the jw's believe Jesus was a good teacher, I don't know about other groups.both the mormons and jw's believe you are not saved by accepting Jesus as your saviour, there are works to do as well.
Miss interpret, you are absolutely clueless about what Mormons believe. I suggest that, in the future, you stick to telling people what you believe about Jesus and let the rest of us say what we believe about Jesus. It would never even occur to me to be so presumptuous and arrogant as to tell people what you supposedly believe. I deserve the same respect from you. Responses to your idiotic "miss-interpretations" will be posted shortly.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Okay, we're going to take these outright lies and half truths one at a time...

...the mormons belive Jesus was just a good man...

Wrong.

Mormons believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He was with His Father in the beginning, that He created our universe and everything in it, that He is literally the only means by which we may be forgiven of our sins and reconciled to God someday. Here's what we believe, straight out of The Book of Mormon...

2 Nephi 11:7 For if there be no Christ there be no God; and if there be no God we are not, for there could have been no creation. But there is a God, and he is Christ, and he cometh in the fulness of his own time.

2 Nephi 26:12 And as I spake concerning the convincing of the Jews, that Jesus is the very Christ, it must needs be that the Gentiles be convinced also that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God...

Mosiah 3:8 And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary.

Mosiah 7:27 And because he said unto them that Christ was the God, the Father of all things, and said that he should take upon him the image of man, and it should be the image after which man was created in the beginning; or in other words, he said that man was created after the image of God, and that God should come down among the children of men, and take upon him flesh and blood, and go forth upon the face of the earth...

Alma 11:44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

Want more? Or are you convinced?

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
...mormons belive Jesus was... the devils brother.
You're right. We do. So what?

Like Christians anciently, Mormons believe that all human beings are the offspring of God and that He is the Father of our spirits. (See Acts 17:29 and Hebrews 12:9 if you doubt these doctrines to be biblical.) Unlike traditional Christians, we believe that all of us lived in God's presence prior to being born. We were spirit beings at that time, without bodies of flesh and bones. As the spirit sons and daughters of God, we were all brothers and sisters to each other.

Unique among all the sons of God was the one we know as Jesus Christ. Unlike the rest of us, He was with His Father in the beginning. Unlike us, He was perfect in every conceivable way and had all of the divine attributes and qualities His Father had. The shared a unity of will and purpose to such an extent that together, they were known (along with the Holy Ghost) both individually and collectively, as God. Finally, even though we were all the spirit offspring of our Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ was also His Father's "Only Begotten" Son. Under His Father's direction, Jesus Christ created our universe. He was chosen prior to His birth in Bethlehem to be the lamb who would be slain for our sins.

Another of the spirit sons of God was one named Lucifer. He was a proud and rebellious son who sought to exalt himself above his Father and who was cast out of Heaven for attempting to do so. When Lucifer was cast out of Heaven, he was disowned by his Father, and lost his right to ever again be known as a son of God (or a brother to the greatest of God's sons, Jesus Christ). If Jesus and Satan were sons of the same Father, they were spirit brothers, a fact which in no way reflects positively on Satan or negatively on the Savior of the world.

Mormons, incidentally, did not invent this doctrine. Not by a long shot. In the third century, the Christian writer, Lactantius, wrote:

“Before creating the world, God produced a spirit like himself, replete with the virtues of the Father. Later He made another, in whom the mark of divine origin was erased, because this one was besmirched by the poison of jealousy and turned therefore from good to evil. He was jealous of his older brother who, remaining united with the Father, insured his affection unto himself. This being who from good became bad is called devil by the Greeks.

I don't think most Mormons actually care one way or the other whether other Christians accept this doctrine or not. They would just like people to stop trying to make it look like something its not -- like Mormons somehow see Jesus Christ and Lucifer as equals, when nothing could possibly be further from the truth.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
the mormons...believe you are not saved by accepting Jesus as your saviour, there are works to do as well.
Well, yeah... :facepalm: Does your Bible not contain the following passages?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Romans 2:12-13 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

2Timothy: 2-19 Nevertheless, the foundation of God standeth sure, having the seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

James 2:20-24 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Mormons believe that there is not one single solitary thing any of us could do to save ourselves, but we definitely are not into the kind of hypocrisy that goes along with the concept that if you believe in Christ, you're home free, and that your faithfulness and obedience to God's commandments means nothing. We are committed to living the kind of lives that Jesus Christ told us He expected of us. If we truly believe in Him, we will respond by walking the walk, and not fool ourselves into thinking we'll be saved by merely talking the talk.

Last edited:

Scott1

Okay, we're going to take these outright lies and half truths one at time...
Dear God, how I have missed my Mormon kitty....

While we may debate details if our faith, if you can't see Christ in Mormon believers, well you're just not paying attention.

Preach on Katz!!

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Dear God, how I have missed my Mormon kitty....

While we may debate details if our faith, if you can't see Christ in Momorn believers, well you're just not paying attention.

Preach on Katz!!
You're online! :hugehug:Yippee!

Wrong.

Mormons believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He was with His Father in the beginning, that He created our universe and everything in it, that He is literally the only means by which we may be forgiven of our sins and reconciled to God someday. Here's what we believe, straight out of The Book of Mormon...

2 Nephi 11:7 For if there be no Christ there be no God; and if there be no God we are not, for there could have been no creation. But there is a God, and he is Christ, and he cometh in the fulness of his own time.

2 Nephi 26:12 And as I spake concerning the convincing of the Jews, that Jesus is the very Christ, it must needs be that the Gentiles be convinced also that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God...

Mosiah 3:8 And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary.

Mosiah 7:27 And because he said unto them that Christ was the God, the Father of all things, and said that he should take upon him the image of man, and it should be the image after which man was created in the beginning; or in other words, he said that man was created after the image of God, and that God should come down among the children of men, and take upon him flesh and blood, and go forth upon the face of the earth...

Alma 11:44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

so do mormons accept the trinity or do you believe in several gods.

You're right. We do. So what?

Like Christians anciently, Mormons believe that all human beings are the offspring of God and that He is the Father of our spirits. (See Acts 17:29 and Hebrews 12:9 if you doubt these doctrines to be biblical.) Unlike traditional Christians, we believe that all of us lived in God's presence prior to being born. We were spirit beings at that time, without bodies of flesh and bones. As the spirit sons and daughters of God, we were all brothers and sisters to each other.

Unique among all the sons of God was the one we know as Jesus Christ. Unlike the rest of us, He was with His Father in the beginning. Unlike us, He was perfect in every conceivable way and had all of the divine attributes and qualities His Father had. The shared a unity of will and purpose to such an extent that together, they were known (along with the Holy Ghost) both individually and collectively, as God. Finally, even though we were all the spirit offspring of our Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ was also His Father's "Only Begotten" Son. Under His Father's direction, Jesus Christ created our universe. He was chosen prior to His birth in Bethlehem to be the lamb who would be slain for our sins.

Another of the spirit sons of God was one named Lucifer. He was a proud and rebellious son who sought to exalt himself above his Father and who was cast out of Heaven for attempting to do so. When Lucifer was cast out of Heaven, he was disowned by his Father, and lost his right to ever again be known as a son of God (or a brother to the greatest of God's sons, Jesus Christ). If Jesus and Satan were sons of the same Father, they were spirit brothers, a fact which in no way reflects positively on Satan or negatively on the Savior of the world.

Mormons, incidentally, did not invent this doctrine. Not by a long shot. In the third century, the Christian writer, Lactantius, wrote:

“Before creating the world, God produced a spirit like himself, replete with the virtues of the Father. Later He made another, in whom the mark of divine origin was erased, because this one was besmirched by the poison of jealousy and turned therefore from good to evil. He was jealous of his older brother who, remaining united with the Father, insured his affection unto himself. This being who from good became bad is called devil by the Greeks.

I don't think most Mormons actually care one way or the other whether other Christians accept this doctrine or not. They would just like people to stop trying to make it look like something its not -- like Mormons somehow see Jesus Christ and Lucifer as equals, when nothing could possibly be further from the truth.

is it right about God being a man before he was God?

Well, yeah... :facepalm: Does your Bible not contain the following passages?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Romans 2:12-13 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

2Timothy: 2-19 Nevertheless, the foundation of God standeth sure, having the seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

James 2:20-24 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Mormons believe that there is not one single solitary thing any of us could do to save ourselves, but we definitely are not into the kind of hypocrisy that goes along with the concept that if you believe in Christ, you're home free, and that your faithfulness and obedience to God's commandments means nothing. We are committed to living the kind of lives that Jesus Christ told us He expected of us. If we truly believe in Him, we will respond by walking the walk, and not fool ourselves into thinking we'll be saved by merely talking the talk.

none of those scriptures are saying your works bring salvation, you cannot be saved by good deeds other wise we wouldn't have needed Jesus.James is talking about doing good things to help and show others you have faith.abraham was told his works count as debt before God.saved by grace so none shall boast.there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
so do mormons accept the trinity or do you believe in several gods.
We don't believe Jesus was His own Father or that He prayed to Himself or commended Himself into His own hands, if that's what you're getting at. We believe in God the Eternal Father, and in His Son Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. We believe that they are "one" in will, purpose, mind and heart, not that they are all part of one invisible substance. If a person has to believe in the Trinity (as defined at Nicea) in order to be a Christian, that really sucks for Christ's Apostles and all the Christians who were martyred before 325 A.D.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
is it right about God being a man before he was God?
We believe that God is a glorified, immortal being, just the His Son, Jesus Christ (whom the Bible says is in the express image of the Father). We have no official doctrine on God's "beginnings."

We believe that God is a glorified, immortal being, just the His Son, Jesus Christ (whom the Bible says is in the express image of the Father). We have no official doctrine on God's "beginnings."

mmmm I am sure I have read thart God was just a man and by his diligence he bacame God.

We don't believe Jesus was His own Father or that He prayed to Himself or commended Himself into His own hands, if that's what you're getting at. We believe in God the Eternal Father, and in His Son Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. We believe that they are "one" in will, purpose, mind and heart, not that they are all part of one invisible substance. If a person has to believe in the Trinity (as defined at Nicea) in order to be a Christian, that really sucks for Christ's Apostles and all the Christians who were martyred before 325 A.D.

so Jesus is not a god and neither is the Holy spirit, and you only believe in God the father but don't you believe you can become gods.

Wrong.

Jesus is a son of God according to the mormons just as the devil is also a son is that correct?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
none of those scriptures are saying your works bring salvation,
They certainly say that we must do more than merely believe.

you cannot be saved by good deeds other wise we wouldn't have needed Jesus.
That's exactly what I just got through saying. Did you even bother to read my response?
James is talking about doing good things to help and show others you have faith.abraham was told his works count as debt before God.saved by grace so none shall boast.there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.
I suggest you read Matthew 25:31-46. Jesus Christ was absolutely clear that He intends to separate those who will receive life eternal from those who would receive everlasting punishment. The separation will be based not on belief (or faith) in Him but on how we respond to His message and choose to live our lives.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
mmmm I am sure I have read thart God was just a man and by his diligence he bacame God.
Yeah, well you may very well have read it on some anti-Mormon website, but you didn't read it in the LDS canon. You can read a lot of things in "News of the World" or the "National Enquirer," but that doesn't necessarily make them so.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
so Jesus is not a god and neither is the Holy spirit, and you only believe in God the father but don't you believe you can become gods.
Good grief. Why should I even try with you? I already posted numerous scriptures saying that Jesus is God. How much more do I need to dumb it down?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Jesus is a son of God according to the mormons just as the devil is also a son is that correct?
Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God. He is unique in all the world, in that He actually was the creator of the world. He was the only perfect individual to have ever lived, and was therefore the only one capable of atoning for the sins of the rest of us. You, me, and every other person who has ever been born or will be born are the spirit offspring of God and He is the Father of our spirits. That goes for the wicked as well as the righteous. Osama bin Laden had the same Father in Heaven as Mother Teresa had. One of them was evil and the other was righteous. Lucifer was once a spirit son of our Father, but he rebelled against God and was cast out, disowned, and comdemned to eternal suffering. He is no longer considered one of God's children in any way, shape or form.

Last edited: