• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are pro-gay Christians really Christian?

A

angellous_evangellous

**** THREAD REOPENED****

Several off-topic posts were deleted. Please be civil while debating this issue.

Thanks

A

angellous_evangellous

That's interesting, angellous, I never thought of it. Kind of a Calvinist view of homosexuality. It contradicts the idea of homosexuality as a choice, rather an affliction. Not exactly pleasant, but it does contradict the view espouses by some in this thread that it is a choice.

Actually, it's not Calvinist, which I am completely against - My threads against Calvinism

The person who is eventually homosexual chose to reject God in the first place, and then God gave them over to their lusts and they became gay. Paul applies this logic to a whole laundry list of other vices as well - lying, being disobedient to parents, and so on. Homosexuality and all other sins therefore are the result of a general disobedience to God.

Sonic247

Yes... and here's the list, courtesty of Canadian Blood Services:
There are certain things that people do that put them at
risk for getting and spreading the HIV virus. You are at
risk if:​
• You are a male who has had sex with another male,

since 1977​
• You have used a needle to inject illegal drugs into

yourself​
• You have taken money or drugs for sex, since 1977
• You regularly receive blood products
• You were born in or have lived in any of the countries

listed here since 1977: Cameroon, Central African
Republic, Chad, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon,
Niger, Nigeria​
• When travelling to any of the above countries since

1977, you have received blood or treatment with a
product made from blood​
• You have had sex with someone who has done any of

the things listed above​
• You have been in jail for longer than 48 hours in the

past 12 months

Yep, gay men, Congolese people, leukemia sufferers and spouses of people who managed to get injured on vacation in Africa are all immoral, disgusting people. :rolleyes:[/left]
Right "injured", in that list there are actually alot more thing related to homosexuality and fornication then you realize. How do you think someone would get aids in prison? And I'd hate to say it but Africa isn't exactly the wait till your married type of continent for the most part. The high aids rate in Africa is because there is so much sleeping around that it's ridiculous. And people who use needles are also at risks, but spending all your money on drugs isn't exatly a moral lifestyle, and people who do are likely to be swayed by other lusts as well including fornication.

Sonic247

Oh, you're right--I just went and reread Romans 1 instead of just the parts that were quoted in this thread. For some reason whenever this passage came up in my church it was referenced as a specific city or region, which is weird because my church was anti-gay and could have used this chapter to their greater advantage. This makes more sense now as an across the board demonization. Just curious, is there a Biblical stance on where homosexuality came from before this event?
Were it came from is also in Romans chapter 1.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Actually, it's not Calvinist, which I am completely against - My threads against Calvinism

The person who is eventually homosexual chose to reject God in the first place, and then God gave them over to their lusts and they became gay. Paul applies this logic to a whole laundry list of other vices as well - lying, being disobedient to parents, and so on. Homosexuality and all other sins therefore are the result of a general disobedience to God.

Well in my own case I was a lesbian for 25 years before I became an atheist, so...? OTOH I was Jewish the whole time, and under Jewish law lesbianism is clearly permitted, so the whole thing is unclear.

A

angellous_evangellous

Well in my own case I was a lesbian for 25 years before I became an atheist, so...? OTOH I was Jewish the whole time, and under Jewish law lesbianism is clearly permitted, so the whole thing is unclear.

Is it celebrated in Jewish law, or is the silence regarding lesbianism interpreted as permission?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Right "injured", in that list there are actually alot more thing related to homosexuality and fornication then you realize. How do you think someone would get aids in prison? And I'd hate to say it but Africa isn't exactly the wait till your married type of continent for the most part. The high aids rate in Africa is because there is so much sleeping around that it's ridiculous. And people who use needles are also at risks, but spending all your money on drugs isn't exatly a moral lifestyle, and people who do are likely to be swayed by other lusts as well including fornication.

Racist stereotype much? A huge contribution to the spread of AIDS in Africa is the use of contaminated blood in transfusions. Obviously blood transfusions are sinful.

This is a dumb argument for you to use, unless you want to agree that lesbians are uniquely blessed and holy, since we have the lowest AIDS rate of any group.

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
Does it matter what Christians think of other Christians. The clergy themselves, as we know, both RC and CE, have indulged themselves in less than Christian behaviour. I just think their are alot of Hypocrites in the Church, and in their flocks of sheep. Judge not yourselves, unless you be judged :)

Melissa G

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
To me, it's the opposite question that needs to be asked: Are anti-gay Christians, really Christian?

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
The strictures (supposedly) against homosexuality in the Bible are quite unclear. As Christians we accept that the Jewish Holiness Code no longer applies (to Us!) and thus those commands in Leviticus would not apply. As far as Jews are concerned, the gentiles are under Noadhide laws which ALSO means the levitical scriptures do not apply.

Moreover, it is important in reading Romans one to read Paul's final statement in the argument in Romans 2:1

28 And just as they had refused to continue to have a full knowledge of God, so it was to utterly worthless minds that God gave them up, for them to do things which should not be done.
29 Their hearts overflowed with all sorts of dishonesty, mischief, greed, malice. They were full of envy and murder, and were quarrelsome, crafty, and spiteful.
30 They were secret backbiters, open slanderers; hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful; inventors of new forms of sin, disobedient to parents, destitute of common sense,
31 faithless to their promises, without natural affection, without human pity.
32 In short, though knowing full well the sentence which God pronounces against actions such as theirs, as things which deserve death, they not only practise them, but even encourage and applaud others who do them.
Rom 2:1 You are therefore without excuse, O man, whoever you are who sit in judgement upon others. For when you pass judgement on your fellow man, you condemn yourself; for you who sit in judgement upon others are guilty of the same misdeeds;