• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Satanists worshipping the lesser of two evils?

GayAtheist

Let me explain before you jump to conclusions.

If you read and believe what the bible has to say, then you will know about all the deaths that occur in this book.

If you look at the number of deaths of innocent people at the hand of the christian god, it totals over 30 million people. You then look at those at the hands of satan, and it is 10 (and even god had a hand in these!).

For a more detailed list, see here : Dwindling In Unbelief: How many has God killed? (Complete list and estimated total)

So, are satanists worshipping the lesser of the two evils?

gnomon

Don't you mean the Hebrew God?

Or why not say Judaic or Jewish God?

Or God of the Jews? God of the Israelis?

gnomon

Just wondering...

considering that the link gives information from the Old Testament where Satan is just another agent of God. Which would lead to the whole reasoning of the OP meaningless just in terms of the OT. So it's not the God of the Bible but specifically modern, popular Christianity we are talking about here. So now we have Satan as an independent agent. Of course, to believe in Satan and worship him as an independent agent you have to validate the New Testament which is dramatically lacking in the same gory OT details and introduces Christ which many believe to be God incarnate on Earth and introducing a new paradigm different from the God of the OT.

Just sayin. Considering that this argument, presented many times, is never presented as "that Jewish God". Which I find very interesting.

Random

Just wondering...

considering that the link gives information from the Old Testament where Satan is just another agent of God. Which would lead to the whole reasoning of the OP meaningless just in terms of the OT. So it's not the God of the Bible but specifically modern, popular Christianity we are talking about here. So now we have Satan as an independent agent. Of course, to believe in Satan and worship him as an independent agent you have to validate the New Testament which is dramatically lacking in the same gory OT details and introduces Christ which many believe to be God incarnate on Earth and introducing a new paradigm different from the God of the OT.

Just sayin. Considering that this argument, presented many times, is never presented as "that Jewish God". Which I find very interesting.

Good points. They never say "the Jewish God" because they don't want to come accross as being critical of anything Jewish.

And the link given does invalidate the OP...

GayAtheist

Good points. They never say "the Jewish God" because they don't want to come accross as being critical of anything Jewish.

And the link given does invalidate the OP...

I couldn't care if its a Jewish or Christian god - much of a muchness to me.

However, the question still stands. If the OP is invalidated because it is the OT, then does the NT show that satan killed 30 million more to make a point? I think not.

So, carry on. Please feel free to answer the original question

gnomon

I couldn't care if its a Jewish or Christian god - much of a muchness to me.

However, the question still stands. If the OP is invalidated because it is the OT, then does the NT show that satan killed 30 million more to make a point? I think not.

So, carry on. Please feel free to answer the original question

Well, my answer to the original question would be null.

I don't believe in God, Satan or evil.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Then feel free to go another thread, instead of wasting your carbon footprint on this one!

Don't mind him. He loves to do this. He's not actually here to discuss anything, just tell others how inane their own conversation is.

gnomon

Don't mind him. He loves to do this. He's not actually here to discuss anything, just tell others how inane their own conversation is.

That...

or prodding people to expand beyond the same question over and over.

Besides. I never called it inane. It is very interesting how often people revert to "Christian God" when discussing biblical matters primarily from the Hebrew bible.:shrug:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
That...

Besides. I never called it inane. It is very interesting how often people revert to "Christian God" when discussing biblical matters primarily from the Hebrew bible.:shrug:

And, as I've brought up before, most on here who discuss that God are Christian, and to them it is the same God as the one in the NT, so they are discussing the Hebrew God as well as the Christian God, because, to them, they are the same thing.

People come across many questions, and they ask them. I'm sorry if you've seen certain ones before, but that's not their problem, it's yours. Once they bring this question up, and discuss it sufficiently, they'll move on to another. There's no need to prod them.

GayAtheist

That...

Well, as I haven't been here for a while, I wouldn't know if its a repeated question!

As for whether it is the Hebrew or Christian god, I couldn't really give a flying f**k. I am simply talking about the god from the bible.

Now if you have nothing productive to bring to the thread, then please go forth and multiply.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have learned a lot of things since joining the RF, and one thing I have noticed is that most Satanists are atheists. This would mean they do not worship any god.