• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Satanists worshipping the lesser of two evils?

gnomon

Well, as I haven't been here for a while, I wouldn't know if its a repeated question!

As for whether it is the Hebrew or Christian god, I couldn't really give a flying f**k. I am simply talking about the god from the bible.

Now if you have nothing productive to bring to the thread, then please go forth and multiply.

Done and done.

Despite mball1297 incessant whining about we should just always assume God is the Christian God I did provide you with the thought that the Christian and Jewish versions of God are not the same. Their versions of Satan are not the same. Actually, on a more detailed level there are some Jewish believers who do believe in the good/evil dichotomy and Satan as evil. After all, Christianity didn't arise out of a vacuum.

Still doesn't change the context in which the stories of the Old Testament exist.

Something worth thinking about, on a religious education forum, to garner information about the diversity of religious thought.

So apparently I am intimidating.:rolleyes:

I'll just go read some of these interesting posts where my fellow atheists have just pretty much reverted to stating religion is illogical ... incredibly productive. Astounding insight.

Why, I've never even heard such brilliance before. No, seriously.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
That...

or prodding people to expand beyond the same question over and over.

Besides. I never called it inane. It is very interesting how often people revert to "Christian God" when discussing biblical matters primarily from the Hebrew bible.:shrug:

Of course there is a difference from the Judaic Elohim and the Christian God. But if you understand where the person is coming from then there is no need to undermine the post, that to me is just an inferiority complex. Discussing and enlightening those that are not in the know is a great ancient philosophers ideal, burying the topic in rhetoric and syntax is how governments and religions operate.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I have learned a lot of things since joining the RF, and one thing I have noticed is that most Satanists are atheists. This would mean they do not worship any god.
Say what? And there I thought Satanists worshipped Satan?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

OK, I thought Etu was kidding, but in case you're serious: Some Satanists worship Satan, but only a very small group. There are theistic Satanists and atheistic ones. I would direct you to the overview in th Satanism forum, along with a thread there all about the religion. It's very interesting. I read it a while ago, so I don't want to speak for them, but I remember at least that the vast majority of them don't worship Satan.

Popeyesays

A lot of "Satanists" believe Lucifer is the "Firestealer" another name for Prometheus, who stole fire from the gods. He is not really worshiped, more of a folk super-hero.

Regards,
Scott

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
Let me explain before you jump to conclusions.

If you read and believe what the bible has to say, then you will know about all the deaths that occur in this book.

If you look at the number of deaths of innocent people at the hand of the christian god, it totals over 30 million people. You then look at those at the hands of satan, and it is 10 (and even god had a hand in these!).

For a more detailed list, see here : Dwindling In Unbelief: How many has God killed? (Complete list and estimated total)

If you look at the number of deaths of innocent people at the hand of the christian god, it totals as the entire world's population.

So, are satanists worshipping the lesser of the two evils?

No.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I thought so, too, until learned from the RF that not all Satanists worship Satan.
There is very little about Satan in the Bible.

OK and . . . . . what Satanist is interested in the Bible (I gather you are talking about the Christian Bible?)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
To be honest, if the Abrahamic God was proven true beyond a doubt I would probably side with Satan. Perhaps Satan was only rebelling against evil tyranny when he was cast down.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
OK and . . . . . what Satanist is interested in the Bible (I gather you are talking about the Christian Bible?)

It might be better if you asked these questions to a Satanist. I know very little about them and I can't answer any questions without embarrassing myself.

Point<

Communist
I am a traditional satanist : I didn't read this thread from the beginning (just jumped to the end :D) (was reading a thread on homosexuality) Umm there are traditional satanists (believe satan is god; bible is false), (Luciferanists; believe Satan was right, not god), and Anton LaVeyan satanists (only use satan as a metaphor because it means enemy in hebrew and they hate christians, muslims, and the likes. They don't actually believe in satan. Sry if i missed anything, or if these were already said.

don't kill me please :D:D:bow:

Point<

Communist
umm i will try to find a website to clarify on Traditional satanism.. Also LeVayen satanism (not trying to offend people here sry if i do) is scary.. they believe in greed lust all the "sins" and try their best to be the "worst" people around lol... they say do whatever you want (including murder/stealing/ect..)
Again, Please don't kill me :D :D

Point<

Communist
aha! I found a site on traditional Satanism.. interesting name to... it's called | joy of satan| hope it helps.. If it doesn't (i haven't fully checked out the site) don't kill me please :D

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
It might be better if you asked these questions to a Satanist. I know very little about them and I can't answer any questions without embarrassing myself.

But you were the one who posted these statements?

"I thought so, too, until learned from the RF that not all Satanists worship Satan.
There is very little about Satan in the Bible"

Point<

Communist
I have.. i have also watched them on the history channel.. was what they said.. sorry if i'm incorrect