• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Satanists worshipping the lesser of two evils?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Surely you jest?
The Jewish, Christian and Muslim God is rife with hatred and violence
Have a read . . . Biblical Violence

But that's okay because the real God doesn't belong to any of those three belief systems

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
You've obviously never read the Bible if you think those people were innocent. In all cases where God kills people it shows that they were exceedingly sinful. All of them. God told Abraham that if even 10 righteous people were found in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah combined he would spare them, yet there were not. He even rescued Lot and his family before destroying the city, so only the wicked perished. In Jeremiah 17 it describes the people as acting as though their sinful ways were laws to be obeyed, and that even the children worship pagan gods. The people were even sacrificing their sons and daughters to pagan gods. God certainly did not kill any innocent people, they were killed because of their numerous sins. The Bible is filled with numerous more examples of how God warned and forgave nations for their sin over and over again, yet they still refused to do what was right. Even Israel, God's chosen people, were killed when they repeatedly disobeyed and refused to obey God over and over again, he doesn't play favorites. Everyone is accountable for their actions.

Then it seem that you and your God know nothing of other Religions and just make crap up. Have a look at some of the "Pagan" religions that Per-Date yours and show me where they Sacrificed there kid to there Gods. Yet your God seems to get off on Kill people or telling his people to kill people he or they have no right to at all.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
umm i will try to find a website to clarify on Traditional satanism.. Also LeVayen satanism (not trying to offend people here sry if i do) is scary.. they believe in greed lust all the "sins" and try their best to be the "worst" people around lol... they say do whatever you want (including murder/stealing/ect..)
Again, Please don't kill me :D :D

Wrong, read the Satanic Bible. They do not try to be the worst people around, some of them are the nicest people I have ever known. And they don't believe in killing people or animals, with the exception of Self-Defense or food. No sacrificing or anything like that.

aha! I found a site on traditional Satanism.. interesting name to... it's called | joy of satan| hope it helps.. If it doesn't (i haven't fully checked out the site) don't kill me please :D

Stay away from JoS. no really trust my on this one. They are a crazy cult. This people are they "Satanist" you really want to watch out for. I know from really dealing with these people. Or at lest one or two members.
THE JOY OF SATAN There site.
And most of the Satanic community hate(yes that's the right word) the JoS.
Satanist debunks 'Joy of Satan' website
Can't find the site I have bookmarked on my laptop(which I don't have) that go into more crap about them. And they are not well thought of even within the Occult groups I know.
If this is to off topic sorry, a Mod or Admin can move it to a better pleace then cool. ^_^

Point<

Communist
Eh.. I converted back to atheism.. was Really just trying satanism out for a while.. nothing special happened... yeah.. so back to being a Godless heathen...

Then it seem that you and your God know nothing of other Religions and just make crap up. Have a look at some of the "Pagan" religions that Per-Date yours and show me where they Sacrificed there kid to there Gods. Yet your God seems to get off on Kill people or telling his people to kill people he or they have no right to at all.
Umm... did you even read anything I said? The passage I was referring to in Jeremiah says that it was the Israelites that were sacrificing their children to pagan idols. You're right, as far as I know the pagans were not sacrificing their children, but they were involved in lots of sexual immorality and idolatry.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It doesnt matter anyway..our "reward" is in the life after we die..(like our bodies here after we die of cancer or a heart attack or a car crash)

Dont you get that?

Its not something we can see...Its something we cant see...

Blessings

Dallas

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I'm afraid not, I don't think just being a 'good Christian' is gonna get you anywhere. That's not what Jesus was teaching. He wants you to initiate yourself into the Inner Path because it is from that understanding which you can become a Christ.

Kcnorwood

umm i will try to find a website to clarify on Traditional satanism.. Also LeVayen satanism (not trying to offend people here sry if i do) is scary.. they believe in greed lust all the "sins" and try their best to be the "worst" people around lol... they say do whatever you want (including murder/stealing/ect..)
Again, Please don't kill me :D :D

Yeah this is SUCH scary stuff........:faint:

Unlike many religions and philosophies, Satanism respects and exalts life. Children and animals are the purest expressions of that life force, and as such are held sacred and precious in the eyes of the Satanist. Besides, it is very un-Satanic to take any creature’s life against its will. It is equally un-Satanic to cloud your brain and impair your judgment with mind-altering substances. A real magician has no need of those kinds of things, as he should be able to bring about changes in consciousness by the very power of his Will and imagination.

If you have not yet read The Satanic Bible, you should do so. It has much more information regarding our attitude toward Satan, and will give you a clearer idea of our philosophy, ideals, and goals. Perhaps at first they will be difficult for you to understand, because you may have been raised in an environment that dictates that God=Good and Satan=Evil. The truth is that good and evil are often terms that people twist to suit their own purposes. Sometimes people will lie and try to make you think certain things just so you will do what they want you to do. Always remember that the final judgment is yours. That is both a great freedom and a great responsibility. For us, Satan is a symbol of the power of that choice.

There is no one way that a Satanist is “supposed” to be. Uniqueness and creativity are encouraged here, not mindless conformity. It doesn’t matter what kind of music you like to listen to; it doesn’t make any difference whether you prefer gothic music, black metal music, classical music, old popular tunes, show tunes, or many different types of music. It doesn’t matter what style of clothes you like to wear. You don’t have to wear black, or t-shirts with “Heavy Metal” band logos, or trench coats. There is not an “official” Satanic music and style of dress, and you should beware of people who claim otherwise. What does matter is that you are a mature, sensitive, self-aware individualist who revels in the Darkness, and who wishes to align yourself with others who share your views. In this world of prefabricated, media-saturated, unoriginal drones, it is up to the Satanist to cherish, maintain, and preserve true individuality and creativity. Satan represents freedom from hypocrisy, from convenient lies, and challenges that which is presumed to be true. His image of pride, strength, and defiance, inspires us to our own strengths.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Umm... did you even read anything I said? The passage I was referring to in Jeremiah says that it was the Israelites that were sacrificing their children to pagan idols. You're right, as far as I know the pagans were not sacrificing their children, but they were involved in lots of sexual immorality and idolatry.

Sorry I didn't get it was the Israelites you were talking about. And has for Pagans involved with sexual immorality and idolatry....maybe to you but not to them, there culture, and religion.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have heard so much about Satanism that may or may not be true. Some of this stuff is pretty bad, too. From the way Satanists are here, I would say there is a good chance that this horrible stuff is just a story and not really true. Or maybe it is just not true of all of them.
Christians have different sects so I suppose the same would be for any religion, including Satanism.
Stupid question time- Do Satanists follow the works of Crowley? Or do just some of them do?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Satanist's do not follow Crowley
I've actually heard more about Christianity and it's horrible stuff . . . maybe that too is just a story?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I have heard so much about Satanism that may or may not be true. Some of this stuff is pretty bad, too. From the way Satanists are here, I would say there is a good chance that this horrible stuff is just a story and not really true. Or maybe it is just not true of all of them.
Christians have different sects so I suppose the same would be for any religion, including Satanism.
Stupid question time- Do Satanists follow the works of Crowley? Or do just some of them do?

What horrible stuff are you referring to in particular? I know there was a satanic scare of sorts during the 80's (baby sacrifices, ritual abuse, metal music and D&D leading to devil worship, etc.) that ended up being little more than media sensationalism and Hollywood fantasy. Of course there is always the odd, mentally disturbed teenager who goes and does something stupid and calls it satanism, just like the odd, mentally disturbed lady who goes and microwaves her baby and says Jesus told her to do it. Neither reflect or define the religion they think they ascribe to.
As for Crowley, I don't think any Satanists follow him, but I think a few might incorporate some of his teachings and writings.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't want to say anything in particular since I never know if it is true or not.

Go ahead and ask. I don't think anyone is going to take offense since you're not actually making any accusations or anything. It's better to clear up confusion than let assumptions and uncertainty linger.:)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Go ahead and ask. I don't think anyone is going to take offense since you're not actually making any accusations or anything. It's better to clear up confusion than let assumptions and uncertainty linger.:)

Okay. Back when I lived in Colorado Springs in the 80s there was this rumored witches coven in Manitou Springs. I actually saw the house. It was rumored that there were animal mutilations. I have also heard of seamier stuff in some books I read, some very farfetched stuff dealing with sex, including with children and even some stuff about sacrifice. I have a hard time believing in this stuff because no one ever seems to be caught. It just seems so... Hollywood to me. Something that couldn't possibly be true.
:shrug:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yeah, stuff like that is mostly exaggerations and fabrications. Once in a while you'll have an isolated incident involving individual sociopaths or small groups of them, but not any real religious movement. As for claims of ritual abuse and human sacrifice, something like that would've been exposed eventually which would've been HUGE in the news. I mean look at the catholic church and their abuse cases, for example. ;)

blackout

Violet.
I'm afraid not, I don't think just being a 'good Christian' is gonna get you anywhere. That's not what Jesus was teaching. He wants you to initiate yourself into the Inner Path because it is from that understanding which you can become a Christ.

That is my current understanding as well.