• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Because it is the one place we can all go to check things. It is the one physical relationship that we have with God. How can you hear lest the preacher proclaim, as it is written. We are still human. Understanding comes from learning and then guidance.
We still live on planet earth you know. :p

I am not sure what is being said here. If you are asking me to explain God so that you understand how he gives out judgement, then fine. Is that it though?
The point you are not addressing is that 1. if killing is always wrong, and 2. God commanded humans to kill in scripture, then 3. God, necessarily, instructed men to be immoral in scripture by ordering them to kill. How do you rectify this?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
You BELIEVE that you know this through his son. I also BELIEVE that I have a relationship with God. But, we could both very well be wrong.
No we could not be wrong. You believe, as I have told you countless times before, through the grace of God, it is not of yourself, lest anyone should boast... as it is written. We have that evidence in his son.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I am not sure what is being said here. If you are asking me to explain God so that you understand how he gives out judgement, then fine. Is that it though?
It is spelled out for you quite clearly and you are doing a hell of a job dodging it. Quite plainly, your god, according to your scripture, ordered people to kill. If killing is wrong then your god, who supposedly punishes wrong doing, orders people to do wrong things. If your god says something is wrong then orders someone to do that wrong thing then what does that say about your god? That he doesn't really have that much emphasis on right and wrong apparently.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
All things in the aeon are the God of this aeon.
How is this relevant? Are you just dodging the question?
The point you are not addressing is that 1. if killing is always wrong, and 2. God commanded humans to kill in scripture, then 3. God, necessarily, instructed men to be immoral in scripture by ordering them to kill. How do you rectify this? Is God immoral? Or, is your claim that "killing is always wrong" incorrect?

Draka

Wonder Woman
No we could not be wrong. You believe, as I have told you countless times before, through the grace of God, it is not of yourself, lest anyone should boast... as it is written. We have that evidence in his son.
You could be wrong. You could be extremely wrong. You could be profoundly wrong. There is no guarantee of what is right or wrong when it comes to deity belief. Only what we can understand and decipher for ourselves.

Robert.Evans

It is spelled out for you quite clearly and you are doing a hell of a job dodging it. Quite plainly, your god, according to your scripture, ordered people to kill. If killing is wrong then your god, who supposedly punishes wrong doing, orders people to do wrong things. If your god says something is wrong then orders someone to do that wrong thing then what does that say about your god? That he doesn't really have that much emphasis on right and wrong apparently.
Ah, well, though the question was not meant for you, and if indeed that is what she means, then there is a Left and Right of God. You speak of the Left Hand.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I'm sorry, but what "evidence" are you speaking of? To "know" something as "fact", it must be indisputable. What verifiable evidence do we have of the son that doesn't require faith? What do you mean specifically by "we have that evidence in his son"?

And, please don't attack my personal faith or Christianity, as it is not at issue here. And, that practice is just about the most unchristian thing imaginable.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Ah, well, though the question was not meant for you, and if indeed that is what she means, then there is a Left and Right of God. You speak of the Left Hand.
But, will the people doing the killing be punished by the same God who instructed them to kill?

Robert.Evans

You could be wrong. You could be extremely wrong. You could be profoundly wrong. There is no guarantee of what is right or wrong when it comes to deity belief. Only what we can understand and decipher for ourselves.
We cannot be wrong as we have the proof through his glorious son who died for us and now leaves his Spirit, a guarantee of what is to come. You perhaps think of it from a secular point of view.

Robert.Evans

I'm sorry, but what "evidence" are you speaking of? To "know" something as "fact", it must be indisputable. What verifiable evidence do we have of the son that doesn't require faith? What do you mean specifically by "we have that evidence in his son"?

And, please don't attack my personal faith or Christianity, as it is not at issue here. And, that practice is just about the most unchristian thing imaginable.
haha.. :p
This is rather interesting:..............................

fact (făkt)
n.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
b. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
c. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
4. Law A conclusion drawn by a judge or jury from the evidence in a case: a finding of fact......................

Don't you think?
Freedictionary.com

Draka

Wonder Woman
We cannot be wrong as we have the proof through his glorious son who died for us and now leaves his Spirit, a guarantee of what is to come. You perhaps think of it from a secular point of view.
I think of it from a factual pov. Your "proof" lay in scripture. Many religions have scriptures. They all say different things. One scripture has no more claim to be proof than any other. You just choose to believe in the particular scripture you do. Doesn't make it fact. It makes it simply more desirable to you. That is all.

Draka

Wonder Woman
haha.. :p
This is rather interesting:..............................

fact (făkt)
n.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
b. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
c. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
3. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
4. Law A conclusion drawn by a judge or jury from the evidence in a case: a finding of fact......................

Don't you think?
Freedictionary.com
If you're relying upon "c" you have a lot of issues. Hindus believe their faith to be correct. Does that make their gods fact? Numerous children believe in Santa. Does that make him fact?

Try again.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Um, how about no? You asked a question in your OP. It has been answered several times. You are just as capable of using a search engine as the rest of us here so why should we provide statistics for you? Are you still questioning that single fathers exist? I believe the question now is "what is your point"? They exist. Now, what is the purpose of asking the question in the first place?
I never doubted that they don't exist. Did I?
Regards

Robert.Evans

But, will the people doing the killing be punished by the same God who instructed them to kill?
You would answer to the God that you followed. Even Paul says that those under the law will be judged by that law, and those outside of the law, judged as one outside. We answer for our sins. So, 'that' God, one of the many reflections of Yhvh, would reward as per his laws. We all answer therefore, for our own reality, our own mistakes our own idea of God. But there is the highest divine principle and that highest court would say, Do not kill. Thus you choose the one you follow and then are judged by that one. It would depend on what level of existence you are at: then rebirth, and so it continues until you are deemed complete.
But what is unlean is always burned off. What is left is the seed which seeds anew.
So if you are not complete, as Paul says, you suffer loss, but are saved as one through the flames.
The short answer to your profound question, is yes. Though I am probably too tired to do it justice now.
The simple idea is to think you rewarded by your own god- yet there is only one ;)

You see, the God of this aeon, is the higher level of our own consciousness- if that makes sense.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
You would answer to the God that you followed. Even Paul says that those under the law will be judged by that law, and those outside of the law, judged as one outside. We answer for our sins. So, 'that' God, one of the many reflections of Yhvh, would reward as per his laws. We all answer therefore, for our own reality, our own mistakes our own idea of God. But there is the highest divine principle and that highest court would say, Do not kill. Thus you choose the one you follow and then are judged by that one. It would depend on what level of existence you are at: then rebirth, and so it continues until you are deemed complete.
But what is unlean is always burned off. What is left is the seed which seeds anew.
So if you are not complete, as Paul says, you suffer loss, but are saved as one through the flames.
The short answer to your profound question, is yes. Though I am probably too tired to do it justice now.
The simple idea is to think you rewarded by your own god- yet there is only one ;)

You see, the God of this aeon, is the higher level of our own consciousness- if that makes sense.
But, God explicitly and specifically orders killing in scripture. How can following the orders of God be "wrong"?

Robert.Evans

I think of it from a factual pov. Your "proof" lay in scripture. Many religions have scriptures. They all say different things. One scripture has no more claim to be proof than any other. You just choose to believe in the particular scripture you do. Doesn't make it fact. It makes it simply more desirable to you. That is all.
It is fact because we have the spirit of his son. It is fact becasue by grace we believe. The second matters not which god you believe. It is fact because you can't believe without it. It is not a story. It is real. There is God and nothing else. The rest is false.

All belongs in the mind anyway. So what then is fact??

Status
Not open for further replies.