• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are u going to leave USA now?

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
I'd love to not see it.
But I'd rather stay married, so I'm going.
(Mrs Revolt loves travel.)
So I'll grudgingly have fun with hiking & haggis.
Given your avatar, I have a tendency to read your posts in a faux Scottish accent, so this rather surprised me :)
Have a great time - I'm rather partial to haggis, though I can understand why some don't like it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Given your avatar, I have a tendency to read your posts in a faux Scottish accent, so this rather surprised me :)
Have a great time - I'm rather partial to haggis, though I can understand why some don't like it.
I don't like flying.

gsa

Christianity's definition of love is not the unconditional, lovey-dovey concept that the current culture promotes. To truly love someone is to tell them the truth and help them along the road to Salvation, since that is the true purpose of this life. Sometimes loving someone means telling them things they will find painful or that they don't want to hear.

Many free thinkers feel the same way. Evolutionary biologists, too.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
While insightful for the condition of being born into sin, it doesn't preclude the fact. The serial killer probably has a similar story. Before you take that for me throwing you into the lot with serial killers based on your sexual preference, try to realize sin is just sin, I'm not isolating yours in particular or making a statement about you personally. Hetero men looking at pictures of women is directly addressed by Christ (Matthew 5:28), and that is a sin as well, whether they realized it at the time or not. Despite their age...

It only means the condition of sin is real and we're all fallen to it. Just because you didn't recognize it as sin, doesn't mean anything. In America we have strict liability laws, for which you can be prosecuted regardless of your knowledge of them or not. Your understanding of it isn't a requisite. In fact, the enemy would prefer you not realize it.

There's good news, though. You don't have to die in that sin. Nor did I have to die to my lust of looking at women and desiring them, when they weren't my wife. Nor does anyone have to die to their sin. Heck, even Jeffry Dahmer avoided the penalty of death, if the stories are true... only God knows for sure.

Back to my assessment about it being a spiritual condition rooted in pride and what not.... You said you learned it was a sin later on, so you know? But, have you turned from it? If so, great. But if not, how come? That's what I was talking about, if that be the case.

Question: if you lose your faith tomorrow (purely hypothetically), do you think that you could change your position against things like gay marriage as well?

In otter words: how strong is the link between your opposition to gay marriage and the existence of the Christian God?

Ciao

- viole

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Homosexual marriage is now legalized in all states. So does this mean u will leave that country?

P.s this question is directed at fanatical christians, jews, replies from anti-homosexuality atheists is also welcome.

I did leave the country...for Canada... Ironically got there on pride day....but then I think that marriage thing has been legal in Canada for a decade so.... oh and I came back when my vacation ended

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Many free thinkers feel the same way. Evolutionary biologists, too.
That's nice. Evolutionary biology isn't a danger to religion. I accept evolutionary theory, even physical and forensic anthropology and genetics which says we're not all the same. I love science.

Atheist activists should really drop the "free thinker" label at this point. It's not exactly counter-cultural in the West.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's nice. Evolutionary biology isn't a danger to religion. I accept evolutionary theory, even physical and forensic anthropology and genetics which says we're not all the same. I love science.

Atheist activists should really drop the "free thinker" label at this point. It's not exactly counter-cultural in the West.
I never adopted it in the first place.
It seemed pretentious.

gsa

Evolutionary biology is a danger to religions that make certain claims, and if you continue to accept those claims, you do not accept evolutionary theory.

Who cares about being counter-cultural anyway?

gsa

I never adopted it in the first place.
It seemed pretentious.

It was adopted in the 1600s, in a context where people were literally not at liberty to have certain thoughts, particularly in the area of religious opinion. I don't think it is pretentious.

gsa

I'm not a young-earth creationist so it doesn't bother me. Who cares.

They are not the only ones who reject evolutionary biology. There are Hindu creationists, proponents of theistic evolution and teleology and any other number of groups that usually claim they are not rejecting the findings when, in fact, they are.