• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are u going to leave USA now?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Then maybe I'll go to Israel. At least they're not collapsing from the inside. like the U.S..
Gay marriage is legal in Israel.
525px-Hayovel_gay_3.JPG

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Are you kidding me? I didn't know that. Can you elaborate?
Israel won't marry anyone but orthodox Jews. But they will recognize a legal marriage from anywhere.
Even liberal Jews in Israel go to other countries to get married.
Oy Vey!
Tom

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I wish it was called something else so I wouldn't be compelled to defend it (and I do defend it with heteros too, btw; I see so many willy nilly "waahhh i want something new" problems all the time). If this was about tax breaks and exemptions and other legal issues surrounding the union of two people who may join on the compulsion of love (called legal union, or civil union, or something similar), I don't think the faith-based response would be what it is.

There is probably some truth in that but isn't part of the reason that a line would still exist, even if only in wording? Ultimately that line is the issue.

Flankerl

Israel won't marry anyone but orthodox Jews. But they will recognize a legal marriage from anywhere.
Even liberal Jews in Israel go to other countries to get married.
Oy Vey!
Tom

That's not entirely true. Muslims, Christians, Druze.....s(?), etc can all marry. Just according to their respective Religious Traditions.
Atheists/Agnostics/those who don't belong to any Religious Community can marry civilly. Which is the only occasion when Israel actually marries someone. Otherwise its always handled by the Religion in question.

But its true that if you want to marry your non-Jewish/Muslim/Christian/Druze/etc honeybunny you can do so in (for example) Cyprus, fly/sail back and get it accepted by Israel.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It is about the only place you can go where gay marriage isn't legal or likely to become legal soon.

Again, shamefully, I raise the hand of Australia.
Perhaps we can become the world's dumping ground for those unable to function in a society supporting marriage equality?
Gee, that would be SUPER awesome. *sighs*

Of course, we have a conservative in charge who is against marriage equality despite his sister being a lesbian. And just to make things fair, in a negative sense, our last prime minister was an atheist who sat next to one of her most senior ministers (who was a lesbian) explaining to the camera why marriage equality was unimportant.

Heck, it might be a revenue source for us. We'll take one member of the dissenting folk for every $100000 you invest into our national futures fund.

Here is a quote from our Prime Minister on immigration;
“Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.”

I mean, that's gotta be appealing, right? So, come one, come all, $100k at the door.

*sighs and wonders what the hell is going on*

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Maybe your idea of a reliable news source is MTV News.
Does MTV even have news? I haven't watched it in years, not since they went all reality TV and hard rock and heavy metal videos became exceedingly scarce.
Funny that you're asking me if I get news from MTV-a false conclusion-and you haven't even offered a link to support your claims or refute mine that no one is coming after your priests/pastors/whatever.

JoStories

It doesn't really matter. The end goal is to ban homosexual marriage. So it doesn't really matter if Jesus came down on a chariot in front of the Supreme Court and gave them all high-fives. Anything that leads to gay marriage is bad, even if it's this country.
Why is it bad? How does it affect you such that it is bad? I don't like the word bad but I am using it as you have here. Please explain, exactly if you can, what the concept of gay marriage would do to affect you in such a 'bad' manner?