• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we god?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I told you Satan is the side of God that is felt and experienced in the sensual and pleasurable. Those who see such things as evil, pointless sex for example, would see Satan as evil

Yeah...I read it somewhere....

And if we survive the last breath such would then be your existence.

Life...without breath.

Unless of course you think the breath God did breathe into Adam is a literal tense.

well i'm glad you read it "somewhere" prolly on the back of a stall door but what the hell do you mean?

Titanic

And why do you not believe god doesn't exist??? how did the universe become to be nothing cannot come from something and do you think time travel is a possibility? i'm agnostic btw ^_^

Well I said "Satan" not "God". I used to hope time travel was real but not so much anymore. I guess it's still a cool possibility. As far as I know there has been no evidence of anyone actually traveling through time. Human's do not have the "power to know".

Well I said "Satan" not "God". I used to hope time travel was real but not so much anymore. I guess it's still a cool possibility. As far as I know there has been no evidence of anyone actually traveling through time. Human's do not have the "power to know".

HA HA! you are wrong madam there IS time travel and it is a scientific fact now days time travel to the future could be done right now if we could build something fast enough but time is slower and faster depending on gravity now as for backwards time travel i think a few physicist did do something with a few particles awhile ago but i cannot remember i'll see if i can find the link real fast

Titanic

Us human's do not know "who" created the earth. Human's are human's not a deity. This thread topic has been debated to death before in the past.

Us human's do not know "who" created the earth. Human's are human's not a deity. This thread topic has been debated to death before in the past.

no because you are not debating what i am saying in any way we are simply humans you are right but what i am saying is that perhaps our species or a future species of our offspring will make god because you're right as i said before we are just fleshy machines with an attitude

Titanic

We will not be the one's to figure it out though. On that good note I am done with this thread. Decent chat we had here.

Enai de a lukal

So i'll start off with the question of what is god? god as most people would agree on is the master of all time and space. He is essentially an infinitely advanced alien with the knowledge of everything future and past.

Wtf? A god (lowercase, common noun) is usually defined, roughly, as a supernatural entity, often an object of worship, who interacts with the world in various ways. On the other hand, God (uppercase, proper noun) is a specific god (lowercase, common noun)- the god of Christianity. He is distinguished from other gods, like YHWH (of Judaism), Allah (Islam), or any number of other gods by the sacred documents which author that god-concept (i.e. of God)- i.e. the Bible, in particular the New Testament.

Thus, God is whatever object satisfies the Biblical description of God. (there is no such object, so God does not exist)

So by definition, we cannot be God, nor can we be gods. We can be as gods, as in be like gods in certain ways- by creating (art), by excelling in various ways, or what have you, but we are not literally gods. Gods do not exist, except as works of the human imagination.