• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are We Really Doomed?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm okay with an asteroid taking us all out, but not okay with a self-triggered event caused by human stupidity.
Well, soon as we split the atom we were pretty well screwed. Extremists of all stripes have more destructive power than any human has right to.

wa:do

I meant president Obama!

You are correct, my opininon of extremist Islam is not formed from reading Islamic scripture (I can't read ancient Arabic). Instead, I form my opinion based on observing the behaviours of Islamic Extremists.

I couldn't care less if moderate Muslims thinks Islam is peaceful, it's completely irrelevent to me. What is relevent to me, is that Islamic extremists clearly demonstrate that their version of Islam is not peaceful. The disagreement about Islam being peaceful or not is not with me, it's with the extremists.

Extremists have hijacked the Islamic faith, and most agree only other Muslims can stop them. Yet, IMO, I see moderate Muslims doing very little to speak out against their Islamic extremists, instead prefering to tell people like me I don't understand Islam.

IMO, until moderate Muslims clearly speak out against their Islamic extremists, forgive me for saying so, but they are not in the game, and it's not clear who they are cheering for.

I've asked this question before but it has never been answered... is there something in the Islamic faith that prohibits Muslims from speaking out against the extremist practicioners of Islam?

LOTS of Muslim scholars spoke about this and they clearly stated that these acts contradict with Islamic belief

instead of all this you could easily read about Islam and see for your self is these acts are part of Islam or not ?? i would gladly love to offer you an English copy of the QURAN

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
LOTS of Muslim scholars spoke about this and they clearly stated that these acts contradict with Islamic belief

instead of all this you could easily read about Islam and see for your self is these acts are part of Islam or not ?? i would gladly love to offer you an English copy of the QURAN

Respectfully, no thank you. My only interest in Islam is the version practice by extremists, and how to put an end to it. As a muslim, what to you see as the threat level from extremist Islam, and how do you think it should be dealt with?

Respectfully, no thank you. My only interest in Islam is the version practice by extremists, and how to put an end to it. As a muslim, what to you see as the threat level from extremist Islam, and how do you think it should be dealt with?

see my friend the main problem is ignorance these extremist had missed up the view of Islam to the world , to deal with this problem ppl like me must make it clear for ppl like ur self that these acts are nothing of what Islam calls for other than that there is nothing i think we Muslims can do because these extremist think they are right so unless they change their mentality things wont get any better:)

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
see my friend the main problem is ignorance these extremist had missed up the view of Islam to the world , to deal with this problem ppl like me must make it clear for ppl like ur self that these acts are nothing of what Islam calls for other than that there is nothing i think we Muslims can do because these extremist think they are right so unless they change their mentality things wont get any better:)

I'm saddened that you think there is nothing you muslims can do, because I've been told (by muslims) that there is certianly nothing us infidels can do either. Despite that, I won't give up, I will continue to speak out against extremist Islam, and I will continue to admire former muslims like Ayaan Hirsi Ali.