• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a great debater?

How good of a debater are you?

• I can beat anyone on this form

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Most RF'ers are below my precentile

• I'm rather skilled on many subjects

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • I'm an alright debater

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • I'm alright, but there are many better then me

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I do okay on simple matters

• Admittedly terrible

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters

Secret Chief

Degrow!
I have been told I can argue the back legs off a donkey, that black is white, never get angry, and other dubious things. Generally though, especially online, I have CBA syndrome.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, no one does.

Of course they do! I know this, because quite often after I post, I am rewarded with private messages saying things like 'That was the biggest pile of tripe I have ever had the misfortune of reading'.

Ergo, they read it. Checkmate.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I suck I think lol

Meh, it's all relative. If you find yourself in an argument with a three year old, and it goes along the lines of 'Yes I can', 'No you can't', 'Yes I can' and you end up on the losing side, then you probably suck.

And yes, this was the position I found myself in last night. Apparently my little girl CAN crack three eggs and mix milk and bacon in it without spilling it all over herself. :yes:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Meh, it's all relative. If you find yourself in an argument with a three year old, and it goes along the lines of 'Yes I can', 'No you can't', 'Yes I can' and you end up on the losing side, then you probably suck.

And yes, this was the position I found myself in last night. Apparently my little girl CAN crack three eggs and mix milk and bacon in it without spilling it all over herself. :yes:

Hahaha sweet. Maybe I am not so bad then :p

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Of course they do! I know this, because quite often after I post, I am rewarded with private messages saying things like 'That was the biggest pile of tripe I have ever had the misfortune of reading'.

Ergo, they read it. Checkmate.

: grabs chess board and hurls it at the wall. your move:

Actually, I find your posts both reasonable and reasoned. Bloody teachers.

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
Actually, I think I'm probably much better when it comes to in-person than online really. I find debates online sometimes to be exhausting as you have to rely solely on the written word to get your point across in order to describe what you are trying to say and sometimes the written word can be such a difficult tool to use in comparison to having body language and voice inflection in your toolbox. Instead of having to go on and on trying to explain what you are talking about, a simple inflection and gesture may be all that's needed to get past something and move on and drill home your point rather than inane crapola over semantics. That's what drives me nuts.
I think I'm probably much better when it comes to online than in-person. I find debates IRL exhausting as so often people use voice inflection and body language rather than saying exactly what they mean. And they always expect you understand what they're implying by a simple inflection or gesture when it's so ambiguous. That's what drives me nuts.

;)