• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you sad that I am going to hell, or have you pretty much come to terms with it?

InChrist

Free4ever
Does it bother anyone? If you know someone you think is going to hell, does it eat away at you, or do you learn to just learn not everyone is going to realize the 'truth' or whatnot? Are you supposed to feel bad for those people, or happy they are getting justice or something?

As others have said, I don't assume to know who is going to hell. Only God knows and judges each person's heart and until the last breath, I believe there is hope. It does bother me and makes me very sad to think of anyone spending eternity apart from God's presence. Hell, or actually the lake of fire was created for Satan and the demons, not for humans. Those who chose to reject God's love and prefer to give their allegiance to Satan follow him there.

Shermana

Heretic
Does it bother anyone? If you know someone you think is going to hell, does it eat away at you, or do you learn to just learn not everyone is going to realize the 'truth' or whatnot? Are you supposed to feel bad for those people, or happy they are getting justice or something?

Everyone goes to Hell in between lives except for a select few, it's good for them.

Blackdog22

As others have said, I don't assume to know who is going to hell. Only God knows and judges each person's heart and until the last breath, I believe there is hope. It does bother me and makes me very sad to think of anyone spending eternity apart from God's presence. Hell, or actually the lake of fire was created for Satan and the demons, not for humans. Those who chose to reject God's love and prefer to give their allegiance to Satan follow him there.

How can you not know whos going to hell? Does your book not lay out exactly what is required?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The smug and self-justified threats and promises of hell generally only appear when a hellfire fundamentalist is argued into an untenable corner.

InChrist

Free4ever
How can you not know whos going to hell? Does your book not lay out exactly what is required?

Yes, it does, but it is between each person and God and as I said, until someone takes their last breath there is hope. Only God knows what takes place in someone's thoughts relative to Him during their last moments of life.

InChrist

Free4ever
If there is such a thing as hell, and the nutters are right that not being a Christian or Muslim gets you sent there, then I am very glad you're going there, because I'm going there too. :D We can have premarital sex, get gay married, abort our children, drink, dance, sing bawdy songs, vote liberal and wear mixed fabrics together. Besides, I like a warm climate, me.

I find it incredibly callous that anyone would say "abort our children" as above as if that is such a good thing one would want to purposely do even for eternity. It just reveals to me the truth of Jesus' words that in the last days the love of many would grow cold. How much more cold-hearted can people become than to consider that aborting a child's life is a good or fun thing? I believe this kind of thinking and lack of feeling is inspired by Satan the destroyer of life, rooted in deception and darkness no less cruel than what occurred in Nazis Germany.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
I pity those that desire Hell to exist. They are the only ones who have a chance of going there, after all.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I really don't believe anything about what people do on the other side of these conversations let alone what they think! I agree that no one knows who is or isn't going to hell, but I know certainly that I am if hell exists.

You never know actually. The God I believe in knows your heart and your intentions. Remember the quote "I require mercy, not sacrifice". :)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
One thing I should mention. I've been told by a few fellow Christians (ones who believe in hell) that God doesn't send people to hell, but that they send themselves there. And yes, they felt that was tragic and sad. Mind you, I only heard this from a very few amount of people. Most people, when they think of hell, don't really put any real thought as to what hell actually would be.

Alceste

Vagabond
I find it incredibly callous that anyone would say "abort our children" as above as if that is such a good thing one would want to purposely do even for eternity. It just reveals to me the truth of Jesus' words that in the last days the love of many would grow cold. How much more cold-hearted can people become than to consider that aborting a child's life is a good or fun thing? I believe this kind of thinking and lack of feeling is inspired by Satan the destroyer of life, rooted in deception and darkness no less cruel than what occurred in Nazis Germany.

:sleep:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Oh, shoot. You caught me in nefarious plan to harass people I don't agree with. Add another tally to my huge track record of tricking Christians into looking foolish! Sherlock, would you like to do the honors of pulling the rubber mask off my face? :sarcastic

Well, I shouldn't unmask and be mean to you on your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

But let me make my point without getting nasty or mean. We are now four pages into the thread and still not a single reply from someone that accepts the premise of your question.

My point is that fundamentalist-bashing on RF doesn't make much sense because there are not many fundamentalist contributors. I'm always itchy for debate and wish so many OP's weren't just 'look how stupid and narrow fundamentalists are..hahaha'.

dust1n

Zindīq

Thanks! :D My first response.

dust1n

Zindīq
Everyone goes to Hell in between lives except for a select few, it's good for them.

Like... purgatory? I'd actually probably agree with you. Christianity and Islam would be much more appealing if there was no hell, but purgatory were people are fairly (like, actually fairly) punished for much of a meanie they were.

dust1n

Zindīq
The smug and self-justified threats and promises of hell generally only appear when a hellfire fundamentalist is argued into an untenable corner.

Wowser! I don't think I've made it far enough in a religious debate, where someone was actually using my going to hell as leverage in an argument. :D

dust1n

Zindīq
One thing I should mention. I've been told by a few fellow Christians (ones who believe in hell) that God doesn't send people to hell, but that they send themselves there. And yes, they felt that was tragic and sad. Mind you, I only heard this from a very few amount of people. Most people, when they think of hell, don't really put any real thought as to what hell actually would be.

There's understandable; who wants to think about hell?

But I just can't avoid touching an idea if I see there and only a velvet rope is separating me from it, no matter how much I shouldn't touch it or how much it might hurt. :D

WyattDerp

I find it incredibly callous that anyone would say "abort our children" as above as if that is such a good thing one would want to purposely do even for eternity. It just reveals to me the truth of Jesus' words that in the last days the love of many would grow cold. How much more cold-hearted can people become than to consider that aborting a child's life is a good or fun thing?

What's aborting a baby, or a million, compared to resurrecting even one person for eternal torture?

Nothing. Not. A. Thing.

I believe this kind of thinking and lack of feeling is inspired by Satan the destroyer of life, rooted in deception and darkness no less cruel than what occurred in Nazis Germany.

That's exactly what I said to God when reading his books... "You're such a Nazi!" But then God kinda failed to act like one, so I'm back to giving him the benefit of the doubt. The books say what they say though, and standing on them is to moral high ground what a cement shoes are to a swamp.