• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask A Jedi

This is a good question, because I recently discovered that some Jedi's carry around Light Sabers to churches that exist for Jediism.

I do not do this because it isn't a thing we have to do I guess.

Sure, a non-Jedi can have one.

This is only as far as I know for light sabers. Interesting question, I have learned something from this myself

I have a green one that is the best, my blue one is about have as bright, the red ones are the weakest. They cost between $4 and $15. I use them to point at the stars. They are sold as lazer pointers, but they feel like Light Sabers, just alot smaller, but with a better ray of light.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
I heard that the Jedi was started by a Sith who defected from the Sith teachings, and the Sith was started by a Jedi who denounced the teachings of the Jedi. Is this true?

Jacksnyte

Reverend
I heard that the Jedi was started by a Sith who defected from the Sith teachings, and the Sith was started by a Jedi who denounced the teachings of the Jedi. Is this true?

You may find the answer to this and other questions at one of the following sites:

The Institute for Jedi Realist Studies - Welcome to the IJRS

The Jedi Academy Online: Jedi Philosophy for Everyday Life.

Become a Jedi Knight - Learn Jediism - Jedi Religion - Web Links - Jedi Links

JEDI - THE JEDI WEBSITE

Force Academy

The Jedi Resource Center: THE JRC

Home

Order of the Jedi

The Jedi Mythos

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Yes, those sites will answer your questions, if you have an unanswered one not on that site or if you want to hear an answer from me not the sites then ask if you want to.

denodram

Level 1 Rogue
Oh yeah, I get that. For me, that went without saying.

The focus then is on George Lucas, the writer and the wisdom(s) that he expresses (whatever their source), and not on the fictional characters themselves.

But the force and the "supernatural" abilities that the Jedi have in the movies/books are available to the Jedi now --- or in the future.

There are some of us that believe that we can learn to utilize the force and use "supernatural abilities," but from my experiences I haven't been able to choke my enemies or control other's will

Aar Ghuntu

Shinto-Jedi
Hello from Czech republic.
I am Czech Jedi.
Jediism is no celebration of SW or Lucas. There are no lightsabers. There are no supernatural jumps or mind trick (to mask rape as sex, Ninerbuff?).
There is wisdom, continual training.

Faithfully Aar Ghuntu

The Sum of Awe

Hello from Czech republic.
I am Czech Jedi.
Jediism is no celebration of SW or Lucas. There are no lightsabers. There are no supernatural jumps or mind trick (to mask rape as sex, Ninerbuff?).
There is wisdom, continual training.

Faithfully Aar Ghuntu

Agreed!

How do you justify sending clones to the slaughter. They are still humans and were not given a choice about whether they wish to go into combat or even be created in the first place.
I realise you claim the Jedi beliefs you hold are separate from the movies (if that's at all possible) but it does reflect on the Jedi as a whole.

One other thing. Are you apt to see things "from a certain point of veiw".

I'm not making fun. I saw Star Wars in 77 when I was 13 and have been hooked since.:bow: I still manage to realise it is just a movie. You obviously simply wish to live by a jedi code and don't believe midichlorians are real, so is jedism a kind of atheism?:confused:

The Sum of Awe

How do you justify sending clones to the slaughter. They are still humans and were not given a choice about whether they wish to go into combat or even be created in the first place.
I realise you claim the Jedi beliefs you hold are separate from the movies (if that's at all possible) but it does reflect on the Jedi as a whole.

One other thing. Are you apt to see things "from a certain point of veiw".

I'm not making fun. I saw Star Wars in 77 when I was 13 and have been hooked since.:bow: I still manage to realise it is just a movie. You obviously simply wish to live by a jedi code and don't believe midichlorians are real, so is jedism a kind of atheism?:confused:

I don't understand your clone question :shrug:

It is separated from the movie, being that the only thing used from the movie in the religion is the word Force and Jedi. The Force was stolen by the movie, just renamed... It has been in various religions existing. Then we do not follow anything else in the movie.

The Sum of Awe

what is a parcept?

Supposing you mean percept, there is no strict regulations or anything, but mostly if you get deep down into Jediism, you'll see that Jedi's mostly just let whatever happen happen because it is natural for it is within the Force. They don't try to change things to make them better for the individual self, they try to adapt to things that are naturally changed.

It's basically, in other words, the practice of being one with the Force.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Supposing you mean percept, there is no strict regulations or anything, but mostly if you get deep down into Jediism, you'll see that Jedi's mostly just let whatever happen happen because it is natural for it is within the Force. They don't try to change things to make them better for the individual self, they try to adapt to things that are naturally changed.

I think it's actually precept

Drax

Independent
There are Sith. Do a search for Sith religion, and you will find them. They are not exactly as you describe. I personally think that they are closet Satanists. I was a member of one of their forums about 5 years back.

I was a member of one of their forums years back as well and ended up banned for being too dark. This was before I decided to wear the mantle of Satanist.

waitasec

Veteran Member

actually it was a parsec
i apologize for the spelling error...

but i went ahead and did the research myself and found out that it's a measurement of distance equal to approximately 3.26 light years.