• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Madhuri a Question about Hinduism

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
How and in what form the Vedas were provided by creator god Brahma? Please

Orally from master to student from that time until just over 5000 years ago, when they were compiled into writing.

Mukanda Upanishad:
Om. Brahma, the Maker of the universe and the Preserver of the world, was the first among the devas. He told His eldest son Atharva about the Knowledge of Brahman, the foundation of all knowledge.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We have knowledge now. We can ask, who was your teacher? and then ask the teacher, Who was your teacher? and then ask the teacher's teacher, "Who was your teacher? and so on and so on

At some point in time on this planet, that has to stop, so the question is where did the original teaching originate? And just as it has always been, the answer is ... deep within the soul of man. That is the essence of yoga and SD. So we could destroy all scriptures, and somewhere, somebody would rediscover it (the very same truths) all over again.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Good answer Vinayaka.

Truth is eternal and thus the Vedas are eternal. We come to realise the truth the same way Brahma did- from OM, through his own being.

Holycrow

Good answer Vinayaka.

Truth is eternal and thus the Vedas are eternal. We come to realise the truth the same way Brahma did- from OM, through his own being.

Hinduism and Buddhism teaches those to search within, listen to the spirit, listen to God in Heaven. Where the OT and Islam demands people not to listen to the spirit within, but to be under control of the prophets and their inhumane laws. All the while, they proclaim and teach that far eastern phylosophy is the Paganistic works of Satan. One only needs to look within to see how terrible the influence of the Prophets has had on mankind. The Prophets, and their followers have steered people away from knowing God in Heaven, while far eastern phylosophy points people the way to God in Heaven.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Hinduism and Buddhism teaches those to search within, listen to the spirit, listen to God in Heaven. Where the OT and Islam demands people not to listen to the spirit within

I think the above is not correct about Islam.
Please see the following verse in Quran:

[51:21] And in the earth are Signs for those who have certainty of faith,
[51:22] And also in your own selves. Will you not then see?
[51:23] And in heaven is your sustenance, and also that which you are promised.
[51:24] And by the Lord of the heaven and the earth, it is certainly the truth, even as it is true that you speak.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

Shuddhasattva

Look at it again, Paarsurrey.

It says "signs" in your "own self." Meaning, the manifestations of one's outward faith in your inner experience.

But the faith itself is still completely exoteric. What do the other lines say "and in heaven is your sustenance, and also that which you are promised."
"Lord of Heaven and Earth"
etc.

The general tone is all outside, outside.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Look at it again, Paarsurrey.

It says "signs" in your "own self." Meaning, the manifestations of one's outward faith in your inner experience.

But the faith itself is still completely exoteric. What do the other lines say "and in heaven is your sustenance, and also that which you are promised."
"Lord of Heaven and Earth"
etc.

The general tone is all outside, outside.

One cannot say it does not talk of within the self. In the absolute sense there is no difference; nothing can be be separated as outside or within; it is one and the same.

chaitanya2106

Shaivism , Vaishnavism.
Bhagwaan Shiv, Vishnu, Brahma.
Vaishno Devi, Ma Durga, Ma Kaali , Ma Lakshmi, Ma Saraswati, Ma Parvati.
Bhagwaan Ram, Lakshman, Sita.
Bhagwaan Krishna, Radha.
Mahabharat, Ramayan.
etc etc

God Dammit, this religion has so many rich traditions like no other. Still, I don't know much about it. The Purans, the Vedas , etc ....I mean where such tremendous amount of information, knowledge , text exists in this world?

I want to ask Madhuri ji that when will Kalki come because of I am fed up with the amount of deaths that surrounds us in this world?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
If you don't like death, you won't like Kalki. He brings death to most people. And you and I probably won't be reincarnating in the next Yuga unless we do a lot to progress spiritually. Until we get to that higher platform, we will see death and experience suffering wherever we are and whenever we are. That's the nature of the material existence after all.

As for when, some say it is still millions of years from now. Other say very soon. I honestly don't know which is more accurate.

chaitanya2106

If you don't like death, you won't like Kalki. He brings death to most people.

What is the role of yamraj after we die? Is Yamraj a god? Is Yamraj mentioned in literary text?
I often hear people say that Hinduism is the oldest "organised" religion and before it there were tribals. Is this theory true?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
What is the role of yamraj after we die? Is Yamraj a god? Is Yamraj mentioned in literary text?
I often hear people say that Hinduism is the oldest "organised" religion and before it there were tribals. Is this theory true?

What seems utterly true to me from an evidence-based perspective is that Hindu scriptures (Vedic scripture) is by far older than any other scripture.
It is also the oldest from a purely religious perspective :D

Yama is a god who manages or rules the hellish planets. He is a god like any other- an aspect of the One God, who controls and maintains the activities of a particular part of existence. He is mentioned both in scripture and religious historical documentation such as the Mahabharata.

Mahmoud12

Hi madhuri,

I was wondering about something, which is also discussed in other threads. the clothing issue for men and women.

Somebody said that men are fully dressed and women are half dressed as they appear more sexy and beautiful that way.

Me and my sister left Islam some days ago, and we live in europe now. Now we are thinking to take up hinduism but don't know if this western culture goes along with hinduism. For example you said women are not allowed to wear short skirts at their work in australia, but its otherwise in this part of Europe.

I get different opinions on this issue from different hindu scholars. some say 'no', some say may be yes.. some say Strongly yes as most of the goddess are depicted half naked.. could you say something on this?