• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Me Anything About Atheism

lovedmb

I read about evolution too but see it DIDN'T make sense to me cause in my mind, I was picturing God as a precursor to all of this. I read it a long time ago and i just thought most of it was Bull.
Just because a scientific theory does not make sense in your mind, does not make it less true. You can observe evolution, one example would be in virus'. If you take the H5N1 virus (bird flu) for example, you can see that it first infects, well...birds. It goes through an evolutionary process in order to be able to infect humans. It then further evolves in humans from a contact virus, to an airborne variety, that easily spreads from one person to another, and viola! you have a pandemic.
I for one hope to not witness this particular evolution process in it's entirety. But hey if you do....
I think the problem is your definition of evolution. It is incomplete, and based on what you've heard from people with an agenda.
This is just one small, easy example of this process, that occurs everyday all around you. Before you discount something entirely based on a lack of understanding from something you read, you would do well to study and learn and know the subject at hand. If at that point you still object, that is ok. A fabulous resource for a compact version would be Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Hacker

lovedmb said:
Just because a scientific theory does not make sense in your mind, does not make it less true. You can observe evolution, one example would be in virus'. If you take the H5N1 virus (bird flu) for example, you can see that it first infects, well...birds. It goes through an evolutionary process in order to be able to infect humans. It then further evolves in humans from a contact virus, to an airborne variety, that easily spreads from one person to another, and viola! you have a pandemic.
I for one hope to not witness this particular evolution process in it's entirety. But hey if you do....
I think the problem is your definition of evolution. It is incomplete, and based on what you've heard from people with an agenda.
This is just one small, easy example of this process, that occurs everyday all around you. Before you discount something entirely based on a lack of understanding from something you read, you would do well to study and learn and know the subject at hand. If at that point you still object, that is ok. A fabulous resource for a compact version would be Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
I'm not saying that I don't believe it to be true or not. But I'm not gonna believe everything I read either. But to me it would be illogical for evolution to take place without God behind it is my main point. Sure, it may have happened. Some people REALLY believe that this process just happened without any higher source, power, God, etc, which is beyond me.

And my definition of evolution is not incomplete and it never will be complete because there is NO PROOF. Do you believe every word you read! So it doesn't matter and I DO know the main concept so I don't need to look no further. And I don't have a LACK of understanding the subject, I believe you do, we all do. So like I said, i'll believe in the creation, like what's stated in the bible over any scientific so called "proof."

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Boat said:
Another example of evolution is demonstrated in bacteria that cause illness. Taking antibiotics when you don't need them can lead to germs that are antibiotic-resistant — one of the gravest threats to public health worldwide.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/FL/00075.html
that's definatley one reason i used to argue with my teachers. They said nothing evolves, but i said that bacteria does, and viruses do. The disease we have today we did not have 1000 years ago. (sept for a few)

Another point of interest. Selective breeding. If God had made every single animal as it is, does that mean there were Poodles around in Yeshua's time? I doubt it. Domestication is definatley proof of evolution.

...what is this thread about again?

Hacker

Jayhawker Soule said:
I honestly do not know. Perhaps because it is so easy to speak about what seems logical that you never took the time to learn the first thing about logic.
Hmmm, your not making any sense because you don't know nothing about me, and all I said was that without a GOd, it seems illogical. Is there a problem with that? Could you be a little more explicit. That was a very blunt statement, and doesn't make sense.

linwood

angellous_evangellous said:
Is there proof that matter and energy are eternal?
No, nothing to suggest that for some reason energy couldn`t just dissappear .
We haven`t seen that happen yet though so thats good enough for me.
:)

linwood

Mr Spinkles said:
linwood's comments are perhaps confusing because he seems to suggest that big bang theory claims that matter and energy didn't exist at some point in time. It claims no such thing.
I also made no such claim.

lovedmb

tlcmel said:
I'm not saying that I don't believe it to be true or not. But I'm not gonna believe everything I read either. But to me it would be illogical for evolution to take place without God behind it is my main point. Sure, it may have happened. Some people REALLY believe that this process just happened without any higher source, power, God, etc, which is beyond me.

And my definition of evolution is not incomplete and it never will be complete because there is NO PROOF. Do you believe every word you read! So it doesn't matter and I DO know the main concept so I don't need to look no further. And I don't have a LACK of understanding the subject, I believe you do, we all do. So like I said, i'll believe in the creation, like what's stated in the bible over any scientific so called "proof."
I have no idea how to respond to this. Are you serious? Did you read what you wrote? It makes absolutely no sense.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Yay! Linwood's back! :) Hmmm, let's see can I think of another question. I think I've asked all I can think of for now about Atheism. So, how about putting your two cents worth in again in the Evidence thread or Quantum Physics? I am interested in your imput. You have a good head on your shoulders.

BTW....change your mind about God while you were gone? :)