• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything about my Satanism

Prizebeatz1

Satan is more than a metaphor. Also, Satan doesn't oppose realization of the true self. Satan encourages it. That's a central focus of most of the LHP. Consciousness is highly spiritual, so Satan has nothing to do with unconsciousness. The whole dark/light thing is metaphorical.

Why don't you please enlighten me on your definition of what Satan is and what Satan isn't. From my understanding and my experience there is only one unified, whole, indivisible power which is God which is all there is.

VioletVortex

Why don't you please enlighten me on your definition of what Satan is and what Satan isn't. From my understanding and my experience there is only one unified, whole, indivisible power which is God which is all there is.

So, it seems that you are trying to say that god is one all encompassing power, he is Yahweh, Jehova, Allah, Satan, Lucifer, Thor, Odin, all rolled into one? I get what you are attempting to say, but doesn't energy have a specific nature? Energy can't be "negative" and "positive" at the same time.

What Satan is: A spiritual deity, a force of life, a liberator, a god of Enlightenment, and individual power.

What Satan isn't: A tyrant ruler who wants your veneration.

Prizebeatz1

Why don't you please enlighten me on your definition of what Satan is and what Satan isn't.
So, it seems that you are trying to say that god is one all encompassing power, he is Yahweh, Jehova, Allah, Satan, Lucifer, Thor, Odin, all rolled into one? I get what you are attempting to say, but doesn't energy have a specific nature? Energy can't be "negative" and "positive" at the same time.

What Satan is: A spiritual deity, a force of life, a liberator, a god of Enlightenment, and individual power.

What Satan isn't: A tyrant ruler who wants your veneration.

Notice how the personality will unconsciously bite of the forbidden fruit of judgement in order to gain control, the downfall of mankind. It wants to play God by deciding for itself what is right and wrong. Who are we to judge? I understand judgment is necessary for practical purposes but it becomes unmanageable when the tool of judgment uses us instead of us using it. For example, we think we are sinful and so now we have to formulate ways to redeem us. So we have religion which confines us, defines us, tells us what to do, what ideals to strive for, etc. all of which are good. But where is the line when we think it's okay to strike terror in others in the name of promoting our own religion? Do we see how sneaky this personality is? So after a court case for example, we can learn to put the tool down the tool of judgment when we're done using it. It's the same principle Jesus referred to when he said "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27)

Last edited:

VioletVortex

Notice how the personality will unconsciously bite of the forbidden fruit of judgement in order to gain control, the downfall of mankind. It wants to play God by deciding for itself what is right and wrong. Who are we to judge? I understand judgment is necessary for practical purposes but it becomes unmanageable when the tool of judgment uses us instead of us using it. For example, we think we are sinful and so now we have to formulate ways to redeem us. So we have religion which confines us, defines us, tells us what to do, what ideals to strive for, etc. all of which are good. But where is the line when we think it's okay to strike terror in others in the name of promoting our own religion? Do we see how sneaky this personality is? So after a court case for example, we can learn to put the tool down the tool of judgment when we're done using it. It's the same principle Jesus referred to when he said "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27)

Why is what your god wants us to do inherently right? Why does he even matter? Many Satanists, including myself, are moral nihilists. We generally don't believe in inherent morals.

Last edited:

Prizebeatz1

Why is what your god wants us to do inherently right? Why does he even matter? Many Satanists, including myself, are moral nihilist. We generally don't believe in inherent morals.

I don't claim what my God wants us to do what is inherently right. God does matter because he is what gives us our sense of self-worth. Do we suppose God wants us to feel worthless and then pass that kind of attitude to our children and the future generations of humanity?

I don't claim any authority as presiding as judge over anyone. I prefer to assist people to find out for themselves what God is trying to say to them personally and then decipher if it is not really the individual or collective personality trying to trick them instead. It's a lifelong process.

Morals are good but our goodness does not come from living up to standards.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
We have talked a decent amount, and you seem very well informed as it is. Could you just compare and contrast your Satanism with Setianism? As detailed as you want, the longer the better!

Premium Member
The name "Satan" actually came from two names for the same ancient deity. Set and Tan. That became Settan, which became Satan. Satan is also Hebrew for adversary, but I think that meaning was attached to the term after Satan's mention in the bible as the adversary of god.

The ToS suggested the name Satan comes from Set-hen, which they translate as "Eternal Set". I've never really seen any non Temple sources that agree with this.

Premium Member
Sorry, but that's just wrong. "Satan" comes from the Hebrew śāṭān (שטן). Set isn't the actual Egyptian name of that deity, which was something like Setesh, pronounced "*Sūtaḫ" (swtḫ, from the hieroglyphics).

That came much later with the hyksos.
ctk4sEa.jpg

Premium Member
I prefer talking to those who are somewhat understanding of my beliefs, so I do want people to understand. However, I can't convert anyone to Satanism. I'd be glad to help them convert themselves, but anyone who needs someone to do the work for them isn't very Luciferian at all...

Interesting. Do you see Satan and Lucifer as the same entity?

VioletVortex

Interesting. Do you see Satan and Lucifer as the same entity?

Kind of... Satan and Lucifer are two sides of the same being. Satan is the more carnal side, the more self centered side, and Lucifer is the more intellectual, human side of Satan. The whole "sides" thing is purely symbolic to me, I don't believe that Satan literally has two sides.

I think there should be a balance between the carnal and the intellectual sides. Being intellectual can allow the person to embrace the carnal.

VioletVortex

We have talked a decent amount, and you seem very well informed as it is. Could you just compare and contrast your Satanism with Setianism? As detailed as you want, the longer the better!

I have some similarities with Setians. I believe in a concept similar to the Gift of the Black Flame (that's what I read it's called) in Setianism. I believe that the only logical way we can actually be sentient is through the spiritual, and I think Satan is who gave humans, as well as many other animals, a soul, which is synonymous to sentience to me.

However, I believe that Satan goes a bit further than Set (as described) does. I think he sort of laid out the fabric of existence, made reality as we know it. I'm not a creationist though.

I'm not sure as to whether the Temple of Set believes in Demons or not. I'm guessing they don't. I believe in Demons as personification of various spiritual forces that can be invoked.

I don't think most forms of Satanism are all that different from Setianism. Modern Setienism is based partially in Satanism, so they share a lot of characteristics.

VioletVortex

Have you read the Diabolicon?

No. Because of my age, I don't really have access to all of the Occult literature I want to read. I have some PDFs of LaVey's writings, even though my form of Satanism is much more spiritual. I agree with a lot of his philosophy. I just think there is a lot more of a spiritual side to it than most LaVeyan Satanists think.

Premium Member
No. Because of my age, I don't really have access to all of the Occult literature I want to read. I have some PDFs of LaVey's writings, even though my form of Satanism is much more spiritual. I agree with a lot of his philosophy. I just think there is a lot more of a spiritual side to it than most LaVeyan Satanists think.

Ah yeah, LaVey is pretty lacking for me. I found Aquino much more useful and intelligent. The Diabolicon is cool, here's a free copy (PDF warning).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...oLEOzBknUgHeTyyIA&sig2=vWwu9vZsfn1Qrcd3eI9dig

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member

Iv'e been getting deeply into Seth[emoji3]