• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the Staff Anything About RF

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Staff,

Enjoying the forum and hope to post more,.....would you say this forum is here for the long haul? Just curious since i was a member of a few small forums where some drama ensued and some of my old threads and posts got deleted,.....I suspect from the history of this forum and its devotion and consistency to continue, it plans to be here for years to come? Whats your hope and prognosis on this query? Thanks! :)

-------------------o
The forum has been here since 2004, so..... ;)

Last edited:

Colt

Hi Staff,

Enjoying the forum and hope to post more,.....would you say this forum is here for the long haul? Just curious since i was a member of a few small forums where some drama ensued and some of my old threads and posts got deleted,.....I suspect from the history of this forum and its devotion and consistency to continue, it plans to be here for years to come? Whats your hope and prognosis on this query? Thanks! :)

-------------------o
Hi Freelight, this is a solid forum that’s been around for a long time.

TSTS

Not that it matters much but my posts never show in 'latest activity', any ghost deleters one needs to be aware of?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Not that it matters much but my posts never show in 'latest activity', any ghost deleters one needs to be aware of?
I see your posts in Latest Activity. What do you see when you open that tab?

TSTS

I see your posts in Latest Activity. What do you see when you open that tab?
I meant the forum latest activity page. Also does not show in the forum 'new posts' page.

You checked the profile latest activity page but failed to check the latest activity/new posts forum pages- perhaps there are reasons, eh?

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I meant the forum latest activity page. Also does not show in the forum 'new posts' page.

You checked the profile latest activity page but failed to check the latest activity/new posts forum pages- perhaps there are reasons, eh?
Maybe try being less vague next time, instead of displaying attitude.

TSTS

Maybe try being less vague next time, instead of displaying attitude.
No answer this time, eh? That's what i thought. Evasion sure is strange, isn't it.

There were 3 staff who slinked away after the initial post. 2 diffrent ones came online but no response. Then an evasive post by you. Like one said no biggie. Just wanted to see what your response was going to be.

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
No answer this time, eh? That's what i thought. Evasion sure is strange, isn't it.

There were 3 staff so slinked away after the initial post. 2 were online but no response. Then an evasive post by you. Like one said no biggie. Just wanted to see what your response was going to be.
Staff aren't your personal servants. We don't get paid for this job. We're all volunteers and we don't hang about waiting for your every beck and call. We have our own personal lives.
I'm done with you. If you want any assistance, get your attitude problems checked out and then drop by Site Feedback.

TSTS

Staff aren't your personal servants. We don't get paid for this job. We're all volunteers and we don't hang about waiting for your every beck and call. We have our own personal lives.
I'm done with you. If you want any assistance, get your attitude problems checked out and then drop by Site Feedback.
You can huff and puff all you want and try to distort facts, but see, one never sought any assistance, nor is impressed by your huffing and puffing. Next time at least have the finesse to at least 'appear honest', even if you're not. Thank you.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
If you're talking about 'latest activity' under your profile, I'm seeing them. Can you provide an example of one that's missing?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
They look okay to me. You wouldn't happen to be at a bar would you?
I think @anna. is talking about the ones below the primary ones.

1697533588018.png

Why are the emojis fuzzy?
I've written it off to older or recycled graphics.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member

If you click the 'x' next to the 'unread' box, you'll see your posts. The software, by default, hides threads that have been read.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member

There were 3 staff who slinked away after the initial post. 2 diffrent ones came online but no response. Then an evasive post by you. Like one said no biggie. Just wanted to see what your response was going to be.
You can huff and puff all you want and try to distort facts, but see, one never sought any assistance, nor is impressed by your huffing and puffing. Next time at least have the finesse to at least 'appear honest', even if you're not. Thank you.
Woah! Slow your roll there, Bub.

If you want anything from the staff, approach them with the amount of respect you would expect for yourself. Behaving like a disrespectful ***hat will you nowhere with us.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Whatever happened to the effort to bring back features we lost in the migration to the new software? We have the extra likes but I don't see anything else.
We discussed this at our last meeting a couple of weeks ago. These apparently were add-ons to Xenforo that the previous regime had added along the way.

Unfortunately, not much the active staff can do from a software standpoint to resolve this other than to continue to bug the owners, as we don't have the software permissions to make these changes.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Is there a way to list threads in the order they are created newest first?

I ask because there have been several times I do not see a thread until after it is several pages long.

Now it took me a minute, but I do now understand that sometimes a thread will get several pages long in a few hours.
But I have seen where A thread was created a week ago and still be on the first page before I see it.

I have tried the What's New link and it does not seem to be working the way I am describing.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Is there a way to list threads in the order they are created newest first?

I ask because there have been several times I do not see a thread until after it is several pages long.

Now it took me a minute, but I do now understand that sometimes a thread will get several pages long in a few hours.
But I have seen where A thread was created a week ago and still be on the first page before I see it.

I have tried the What's New link and it does not seem to be working the way I am describing.
Unfortunately, the What's New and the New Posts functions do practically the same thing, which is to list the threads in the order they were most recently active. There is currently no way to list all threads in the order they're created other than going sub-forum by sub-forum.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Unfortunately, the What's New and the New Posts functions do practically the same thing, which is to list the threads in the order they were most recently active. There is currently no way to list all threads in the order they're created other than going sub-forum by sub-forum.
It appears to be that the Whats New lists ALL threads with new posts and the New Posts only lists the threads with new posts that are not on your watched threads list unless they have posts you have not yet seen.