• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism is not a belief.

Eli G

by scientific community?
I don't think that the existence/non-existence of God has anything to do with Science. Actually, even if a person never meets his parents or feels the need to, he would never doubt that his life arose from the genetic contribution of a man and a woman.

But it is a problem that scientists should address, as a psychological or social issue,... Why do some of them assume that the non-existence of God is a "scientific" doctrine that they should prove?

Furthermore, it is a moral issue: real scientists are being misrepresented.

questfortruth

Why do some of them assume that the non-existence of God is a "scientific" doctrine that they should prove?

Furthermore, it is a moral issue: real scientists are being misrepresented.

Formalization, Mechanization and Automation of Gödel's Proof of God's Existence​

Journal reference: Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, Volume 263: ECAI 2014
Related DOI: IOS Press Ebooks - Automating Gödel's Ontological Proof of God's Existence with Higher-order Automated Theorem Provers

[1308.4526] Formalization, Mechanization and Automation of Gödel's Proof of God's Existence

Eli G

Formalization, Mechanization and Automation of Gödel's Proof of God's Existence​

Journal reference: Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, Volume 263: ECAI 2014
Related DOI: IOS Press Ebooks - Automating Gödel's Ontological Proof of God's Existence with Higher-order Automated Theorem Provers

[1308.4526] Formalization, Mechanization and Automation of Gödel's Proof of God's Existence
Interesting.

What's next?

Do "Science" have now enough proof to accept God's existence? :confused:

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
This whole movie is great. Here's a clip. If you don't want to watch the whole 10 minutes, the relevant bit to this thread is from 3:20 to 4:00.

questfortruth

You stated something for which there is zero evidence as a definitive fact to give yourself something to say

I see nothing wrong with that accusation, seems to me that I was spot on
Your intention is to let them ban me again. Such intention is never a friendly intention.

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
Your intention is to let them ban me again. Such intention is never a friendly intention.
No it isn't

I couldn't care less about you you are nothing to me I would never go out of my way to try and get you banned that is in no way worth the hassle

Besides, you add to the flavour of these forums

This place is better off with colourful characters

It is well published proof. See, this is a renowned journal.

It’s just logic.

I don’t expect God to appear in a puff of logic.

Although it might be fun to see what computers can do with Godel’s proof.

If God can appear in a puff of logic, She could just as easily disappear in another puff of logic as well.

I mean, consider the Babblefish.

It’s theological implications alone are mind boggling.

Babel Fish - The Oddest Thing In The Universe - The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - BBC​

It's important to note that atheism is not merely a belief, but a lack of belief in a higher power. This is why it can be 'switched off' so easily, as it's not a belief system that requires constant affirmation.
So, when an atheist claims "God is not real", it is not belief but knowledge?