• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism is not a default position

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It's all logic, really. Unless you can convince me of some other logic, my basic Aristolean logic applies.
I have no need nor desire to convince you of anything.

I also have no need nor desire to continue discussion with your blatantly dishonest tactics.

Have a nice day.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Because no one can believe (or its negation) without something to believe (or its negation).

Belief is the belief of a proposition. (Because the world exists, it doesn't fail to exist.)

Atheism is specifically not believing in god.

It's not about nothing, which is all it would be to the person who is ignorant of said proposition.
You keep on saying "negation", but a "lack of belief" is not a negation of the belief itself. It is merely the absence of that belief.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You keep on saying "negation", but a "lack of belief" is not a negation of the belief itself. It is merely the absence of that belief.
You recognize the absence and then use the word .....belief....
You're just substituting one word for the other.

Atheism is a declaration.
The stain of choice cannot be removed.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Creator wasn't created by any other being. I can't admit a universe made by nothing. Give me an answer, if God doesn't exists give the cause of universe, including you and me and this humanity, etc?
Give me a reason why there must be a cause first? And how can your cause have come to exist?