• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Desire to Disprove God

waitasec

Veteran Member
I won't be allowed a plea of ignorance...as I stand before angel and prophet.

I think you know that.

And having read my posts...your plea of ignorance is also gone.

ignorance is all we have, didn't you know that?
we now know more than ever how little we know...

pleading ignorance is pleading humility
i would much rather plead humility than plead arrogance...
what do you think?

nonbeliever_92

what do you think?

186189_1554048026_7418191_n.jpg

Thief

Rogue Theologian

what do you think?

It seems you're trying to confuse the point.

Are you doing so to avoid God?....

Do you really think you can?

If you are your own creation...you might be able to.
If not....it's likely He will look you over.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
There's a lot of existential angst and inner guilt being projected out and splattered all over a poor strawman called "atheist" in this thread.

waitasec

Veteran Member
It seems you're trying to confuse the point.

Are you doing so to avoid God?....

Do you really think you can?

If you are your own creation...you might be able to.
If not....it's likely He will look you over.

can you please explain how i'm confusing the point?

you are claiming something that cannot be known or understood with our limited capabilities...

with all due respect thief,
you are ultimately claiming an undue sense of importance.
where is the humility in that?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
can you please explain how i'm confusing the point?

you are claiming something that cannot be known or understood with our limited capabilities...

with all due respect thief,
you are ultimately claiming an undue sense of importance.
where is the humility in that?

You are confusing the point.

Standing before God and pleading a denial?....as if you never saw a way to believe?.....would be ignorant.

Or maybe the word 'stupid' is more accurate?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You are confusing the point.

Standing before God and pleading a denial?....as if you never saw a way to believe?.....would be ignorant.

Or maybe the word 'stupid' is more accurate?
Interesting how you are still beating your "stand before god pleading ignorance" strawman.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
You'll get a chance to repeat that.

Good luck.
And since "God" is a woman. And her name is "Eris." And since she looooves people who say things like that, it's Mestemia that will be treasured and you that will be cast into oblivion. Good luck.

Hmmmmmm . . . I'm starting to see why this "revenge fantasy" threat method you like so much has such appeal as a substitute for an actual argument . . .

:areyoucra

Thief

Rogue Theologian
doppelgänger;2363944 said:
And since "God" is a woman. And her name is "Eris." And since she looooves people who say things like that, it's Mestemia that will be treasured and you that will be cast into oblivion. Good luck.

Hmmmmmm . . . I'm starting to see why this "revenge fantasy" threat method you like so much has such appeal as a substitute for an actual argument . . .

:areyoucra

Let's run with that....

I've always had good luck with the ladies.

Alceste

Vagabond
Yeah but I think it is a good thing. It shows something is getting under their skin. To intentionally belittle believers in God, that they feel has nothing to do with science, demonstrates they obviously have bees in their bonnet and that they are very uncomfortable. GOOD! Or are they bothering to offer venomous refutes to something they akin to hot air. I doubt it. The refutes to their science have apparently given them cause for hate and ridicule. Why bother, if the thing you are refuting has absolutely no foundation.

Their hatred keeps God on the agenda. Good!

Yes, secular people including atheists are very annoyed by religion these days. It's nothing so metaphysical as believers would hope, though: we simply desire to defend the separation of religion and government and ensure our children are not indoctrinated with religious falsehoods in secular schools, particularly biology and sex ed. We are irritated to exactly the extent that organized theocrats are lobbying to influence government and education.