• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists have nothing to rely on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant_of_the_One1

Religious people have their God/gods to rely on. During difficult times they can seek help in mosque church synagogue or whatever, but atheists rely only on sex drugs alcohol for "spiritual comfort".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Religious people have their God/gods to rely on. During difficult times they can seek help in mosque church synagogue or whatever, but atheists rely only on sex drugs alcohol for "spiritual comfort".
At first, I thought it was going to be "sex, drugs, & rock'n roll".
But we do have friends, counselors, & personal resources.
Things aren't as bad for us as you think.

Servant_of_the_One1

At first, I thought it was going to be "sex, drugs, & rock'n roll".
But we do have friends, counselors, & personal resources.
Things aren't as bad for us as you think.

Revol yes i meant sex drugs and rock n roll. I wanted to edit :)

But religious people have spiritual Powers. It gives them strength.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate

I know you believe this, as you have been indoctrinated to believe this, but this is utterly false.

We rely on each other; friends; family. We rely on knowledge. Rational atheists will not rely on sex, drugs or alcohol; as the rational atheist understands that using drugs and pleasure to "cope" is a maladaptive coping response and is counterproductive to solving and enduring life's challenges.

Your ideology on what atheists are and how they behave is as wrong as the ideology that all muslims are suicide bombers and terrorists

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Revol yes i meant sex drugs and rock n roll. I wanted to edit :)

But religious people have spiritual Powers. It gives them strength.

I'd hate to be living without the support I get from God.

From an atheist perspective, no, religious people don't have spiritual powers. And no, God doesn't support you.

Which means we are all on equal grounds.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
From an atheist perspective, no, religious people don't have spiritual powers. And no, God doesn't support you.

Which means we are all on equal grounds.

Who the xxx do you think you are to try and tell me I don't get support from God, try looking out for yourself, and leave me out of your "equations".

Thana

Lady

I think in a very general sense, most people get what they want.
So don't feel bad for them.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
During difficult times they can seek help in mosque church synagogue or whatever, but atheists rely only on sex drugs alcohol for "spiritual comfort".
How do you know? Have experience? I think you're projecting your own suppressed desires.

I was atheist for 10 years (and still consider myself being one to a certain degree), but I don't use sex, drugs, or alcohol for spiritual comfort. I read, listen to music, play music (or rather used to), cook food, bike or walk in nature, and other similar things to get my spiritual comfort. So obviously you're wrong about this one.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
My base assumption still remains that "God" is a product designed and marketed for people whom hate their lives -- self-hate, feeling guilty, etc... It's impossible to be sane and be a follower of God. Sure, that's my opinion, but analyze it for a minute... No one kills more people than God, no one has more stupid crap done in their name than God, no one hurts more people than God, etc... Thus, my rationality... :) In reality God is really just whoever is talking about him. This is the fundamental difference between a follower of an Abrahamic religion and a Satanist, btw... We're honest about this fact... :)

I have to say though... What use is this God if he is like Santa for adults? We know Santa doesn't provide "presents" so all this wishful thinking is awfully pretentious. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.