• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists have nothing to rely on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad

Veteran Member
Agreed. Personally, I think the thread contains ample evidence as to why so many do not believe in god/s. The reasoning demonstrated by so many true believers is so superficial that it is laughable.

It is not reasoning, it is dogma spouting what other people believe in with no basis. Exclusive religions are great at demonizing those that do not accept their claims. Go look at Corinthians when Paul blast humans knowledge, wisdom and philosophy. He becomes anti-intellectual in what appears to be a case in which he failed to convince philosophers that his religion made sense. It is almost a temper tantrum.

"What?! You do not believe in Jesus? Philosophy is stupid!"

bud123

Not necessarily however i will say that what they rely on to feel comforted by is temporary. Friends come and go, seasons change, there is no control or knowing of the future, food is temporary, life is temporary?.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Religious people have their God/gods to rely on. During difficult times they can seek help in mosque church synagogue or whatever, but atheists rely only on sex drugs alcohol for "spiritual comfort".
Prejudiced much?!

1. Theists have higher drug and alcohol abuse rates than atheists.
2. Atheists, like theists, have friends, family, counselors, etc. to "rely upon". They just don't rely on supernatural beings that may or may not exist.
3. This is a pitiful excuse for a thread. You didn't even ask a question or bring up a topic. You just made a statement that is not only blatantly fraudulent, you failed to even explain why you made this erroneous claim.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Revol yes i meant sex drugs and rock n roll. I wanted to edit :)

But religious people have spiritual Powers. It gives them strength.
And, atheists have powers of reason and logic. What's your point? You still haven't provided any reasoning or support for your inherent claim that, for some reason, spiritual powers are of any value.

jonathan180iq

Religious people have their God/gods to rely on. During difficult times they can seek help in mosque church synagogue or whatever, but atheists rely only on sex drugs alcohol for "spiritual comfort".
Maybe that's true, but at least the things we rely on are tangible and, you know, actually exist...

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.