• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attempting to Censor X in the UK

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I can't believe anyone is still on X/Twitter. It was garbage before Musk. Yanno. Tesla wasn't a terrible company before Musk. I can only imagine how far down hill X/Twitter has gone since him. Musk is like the anti-Meidas.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oh for gods sake you are dim. The key word, that is a word that you chose to use is GOVERNMENT. So, I ask again, how many of those "millions" are government.
Talk about dim, you fail to recognize the human rights violations from govt mass surveillance.

Brighten up your own bulb sunshine.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Exactly. But then you clearly buy into the far right propaganda it peddles and would enjoy programmes hosted (!) by the likes of Farage and Rees-Mogg.

My preference would be impartial news sources. I'm not aware of any. So the alternative is to listen to both sides and try to find the truth in the middle.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
the police are also arresting people who make facebook posts that go against the party line
Go against the party line? What rubbish. Here's an example of going against the party line and getting arrested for it: (posted on X)

"Mass deportation now, set fire to all the f****** hotels full of the bas***** for all I care"

You think promoting killing people by burning down buildings with the people trapped inside is just "going against the party line" do you? Of course, because you're not woke.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Summary: The UK is experiencing a lot of rioting these days, and one of the measures some politicians are calling for to combat this unrest is to attempt to censor comments made on twitter.

The video below provides evidence of these attempts at censorship and goes further to claim that in many cases the media in the UK (and elsewhere), are often not reporting the truth and that in many cases, the most accurate reporting is coming from sites like X.

This is yet another attempt to curtail free speech and we cannot give an inch. If we lose free speech, we've lost our freedoms in general.

IMHO, everything from Elon Musk should be banned. I want to see Elon in chains (at least for a day or- two). My point is that no one individual should ever have so much power, and he is an evil POS. I am a pacifist, but I do think the world would be better off without such ********. Have a nice day,

icehorse

Premium Member
Go against the party line? What rubbish. Here's an example of going against the party line and getting arrested for it: (posted on X)

"Mass deportation now, set fire to all the f****** hotels full of the bas***** for all I care"

You think promoting killing people by burning down buildings with the people trapped inside is just "going against the party line" do you? Of course, because you're not woke.

keep those strawmans coming, jeez

icehorse

Premium Member
IMHO, everything from Elon Musk should be banned. I want to see Elon in chains (at least for a day or- two). My point is that no one individual should ever have so much power, and he is an evil POS. I am a pacifist, but I do think the world would be better off without such ********. Have a nice day,
Can you separate people who post on X from Musk? Do you think everyone who posts on X should be banned?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Twitter was dictating censorships...now with Elon Musk it has become more "just" and "livable".

Nah, Twitter only got trashier. Aside from being flooded with bigotry and disinformation, Musk himself has resorted to censorship:

So much for free speech.

While free speech is important, so is quality. Nobody who values honesty and integrity wants to wallow in garbage.

By the way, Elon doesn't accept that his daughter is trans and 'deadnames' her. As a transwoman yourself, isn't a bit on the weird side to be singing his praises?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yes there is. Firearms are an essential buffer if one's government goes rouge.
Why didn't the 2A crowd defend democracy during the attempted Jan 6 insurrection? Where was the 2A crowd when women lost their reproductive freedom? Will the 2A crowd be there to defend liberty if Trump wins and tries to push Project 2025?

It seems like whenever tyranny is on America's doorstep, the 2A crowd are among it's cheerleaders.

Twilight Hue

Why didn't the 2A crowd defend democracy during the attempted Jan 6 insurrection? Where was the 2A crowd when women lost their reproductive freedom? Will the 2A crowd be there to defend liberty if Trump wins and tries to push Project 2025?

It seems like whenever tyranny is on America's doorstep, the 2A crowd are among it's cheerleaders.
That has nothing to do with a rouge government and everything to do with the lunatic fringe.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
That won't last.
How are a bunch of shotgun toting yokels who are under equipped, untrained, and unorganized going to fight against a "rogue" government? And how would they come to a consensus when deciding to act? Had Trump successfully over turn the election, would they have stepped up and enforced the will of the people? No, because most of them lick Trump's boots, which shows that their judgement can't be trusted. Who are a bunch of dopey cosplaying/LARPing Yeehawdists and Gravy Seals to decide for the rest of us when the government needs overthrown?

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

How are a bunch of shotgun toting yokels who are under equipped, untrained, unorganized going to fight against a "rogue" government? And how do they come to a consensus when deciding to act? If Trump did successfully over turn the election, would they have stepped up and enforced the will of the people? No, because most of them lick Trump's boots, which shows that their judgement can't be trusted. Who are a bunch of dopey cosplaying/LARPing Yeehawdists and Gravy Seals to decide for the rest of us that the government needs overthrown?
People have their own limits and flashpoints.

Usually they are referred to as an underground plus the fact that one civil war has already occurred historically.

It's folly to think otherwise that it cannot happen with whatever creative name calling you choose to call it.

The lunatic fringe should always be considered a warning sign.

Forget about Musk.

In this and similar cases, the MSM tends to not report honestly when progressive-wokeism comes under fire. That's when platforms like X can provide an important counterpoint.

Don't get me wrong, I think social media has a lot of severe problems. But that said, much of the MSM has been totally captured by the woke.
People need to be held responsible for speech that can endanger or harm people whether they are Elon Musk or "woke".

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
People have their own limits and flashpoints.

Usually they are referred to as an underground plus the fact that one civil war has already occurred historically.

It's folly to think otherwise that it cannot happen with whatever creative name calling you choose to call it.

The lunatic fringe should always be considered a warning sign.

There has always been a lunatic fringe that has pushed against progress and advancement. It's part of the process. Kind of like how smelting iron creates slag.