• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

We Never Know

No Slack
And, to repeat again, not everyone is called Sally or Mike. There are other names. Some of which one cannot "work out." What is the preferred pronoun of Sam? Or Chris? Or Phoenix? Or Kai? Or have a go at these:

Gender-neutral names

Are you saying by looking at a female named Sam, who is a transgender, you wouldn't regonize them as being a female unless they told you?

Which goes back to what I earlier said, if they look, live, act, etc the part,, pronouns shouldn't be a problem.

Then skip forward to the fully bearded transgender female I posted and there I can see where having to tell others what their preferred pronouns are would be needed

Last edited:

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Are you saying by looking at a female named Sam, that happens to be transgender, you wouldn't regonize them being a female unless they told you?
You're starting off with a presumption: "looking at a female" - so it's a loaded question.

I'm glad to see that younger people are generally more laidback and accepting of a world where everything doesn't have to be black or white. I work in a large school with nearly a thousand pupils. If one looks at the registers a lot of the names are gender neutral. Quite a few of the students present in such a way that imagining what their "correct" pronoun is may be a mistake. They're being true to themselves and I love that they feel able to.

We Never Know

No Slack
You're starting off with a presumption: "looking at a female" - so it's a loaded question.

I'm glad to see that younger people are generally more laidback and accepting of a world where everything doesn't have to be black or white. I work in a large school with nearly a thousand pupils. If one looks at the registers a lot of the names are gender neutral. Quite a few of the students present in such a way that imagining what their "correct" pronoun is may be a mistake. They're being true to themselves and I love that they feel able to.

"You're starting off with a presumption: "looking at a female" - so it's a loaded question"

How the hell is that a loaded question? A female or transgender female is a female right?

Secret Chief

Degrow!
"You're starting off with a presumption: "looking at a female" - so it's a loaded question"

How the hell is that a loaded question? A female or transgender female is a female right?
In short your question is "If you are looking at a female can you tell they are a female?" If you don't like the term loaded try meaningless, pointless or irrelevant.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The next data point we have to work with is that we cannot call being trans a condition or a disorder or anything like that. That's a constraint the trans activists have placed on the conversation.
No, that's just your ignorance speaking.
So with those two ideas working together, the notion that a trans person is "in the wrong body" doesn't make any sense from a scientific perspective. That's why I suggested it could more aptly be described as a religious feeling.
Only because you don't really get what's going on or being said when it's said the brain if a trans person looks more like their identitified sex, amd instead of trying to understand it you try to play absurd "gotchas."
Seriously, you're like a YEC trying to argue against evolution.

We Never Know

No Slack
In short your question is "If you are looking at a female can you tell they are a female?" If you don't like the term loaded try meaningless, pointless or irrelevant.

Try it like this then....

Both are transgender females. Which one would probably need to tell people what their preferred pronouns are?

IMG_20231028_182040.jpg

IMG_20231028_120630.jpg

Shadow Wolf

I've really have never gave it any thoughts until lately since it seems to have become a big deal.

Religious? lol. Not in the slightest but I forgot you all try to tie it to religion rather than politics.
The religious part was confusing you for another. The rest stands.
I've really have never gave it any thoughts until lately since it seems to have become a big deal.
It shows.
We were taking about names being on their name badges. If the name isn't on their name badges it defeats the purpose of the name badge.
So Robbi, Toni, Devon, Madison, Logan, are they boys or girls?

We Never Know

No Slack
There have been some people I have not been able to tell.
Exactly!!

That's what I have been saying. If they don't look the part, they probably need to express to others their preferred pronouns.

If they look the part, what's the point of telling others my preferred pronouns are....

Shadow Wolf

Exactly!!

That's what I have been saying. If they don't look the part, they probably need to express to others their preferred pronouns.

If they look the part, what's the point of telling others my preferred pronouns are....
Im talking about cispeople.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Try it like this then....

Both are transgender females. Which one would probably need to tell people what their preferred pronouns are?

View attachment 84047

View attachment 84048
For me, I would not want to presume. Books by covers and all that. I was recently presumed to be something that I am not. The presumer was mortified, since a person could have been offended by the error.
What would you imagine is Layton William's preferred pronoun? (the dancer on the right)...
Screenshot_20231029-003119_DuckDuckGo.jpg

We Never Know

No Slack
For me, I would not want to presume. Books by covers and all that. I was recently presumed to be something that I am not. The presumer was mortified, since a person could have been offended by the error.
What would you imagine is Layton William's preferred pronoun? (the dancer on the right)...
View attachment 84050

Thats another story. By the way you forgot to answer the question.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Only because you don't really get what's going on or being said when it's said the brain if a trans person looks more like their identitified sex, amd instead of trying to understand it you try to play absurd "gotchas."
Seriously, you're like a YEC trying to argue against evolution.

What I keep hearing is that trans people feel like they're in the wrong body. Am I getting that wrong?

And I have also heard that it's wrong to call trans a condition or disorder. Am I getting that wrong?