• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

We Never Know

No Slack
What I keep hearing is that trans people feel like they're in the wrong body. Am I getting that wrong?

And I have also heard that it's wrong to call trans a condition or disorder. Am I getting that wrong?
Just because its a cold rainy day and I decided to do nothing today.....

Being transgender is not a disorder.
Saying its a disorder is stigmatizing.

Its only a disorder if one believes they are a god, King Charles, a cat, the president, etc.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Just because its a cold rainy day and I decided to do nothing today.....

Being transgender is not a disorder.
Saying its a disorder is stigmatizing.

Its only a disorder if one believes they are a god, King Charles, a cat, the president, etc.

well that's what i thought, but shadow - unless i misunderstood - seemed to disagree...

so we'll see...

icehorse

Premium Member
What is the science you're citing?
Oh here we go! It won't be good enough to say "embodied cognition". You'll want a few short words to explain a complex topic.

It won't be enough to mention how scientists who study our motor systems now know that much of our cognition occurs in the spinal cord and the nerves beyond.

It won' be enough to say that cognitive scientists are now mostly agreeing that it's really hard to know where in our bodies our minds end and our bodies began.

You'll demand citations! "Citations I say, or you're just making it up, because I the great @Revoltingest don't know about this. So if you cannot summarize it in a few words, it's obviously wrong."

Nah, if you're sincerely interested in the science, I just gave you some good leads.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What I keep hearing is that trans people feel like they're in the wrong body. Am I getting that wrong?
That's been a common way of putting it fir awhile.
And I have also heard that it's wrong to call trans a condition or disorder. Am I getting that wrong?
Tue disorder comes from things like depression, anxiety, low quality of life and suicidal ideations over the sense of dysphoria, as well as the stressors endured from being a minority that is widely discriminated against.
Being trans in and of itself doesn't cause that, as evidenced by trans people who don't deal with those issues. This is often achieved as a trans individual moves from a constant state of gender dysphoria and achieves gender euphoria, or at least not as dysphoric.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh here we go! It won't be good enough to say "embodied cognition". You'll want a few short words to explain a complex topic.

It won't be enough to mention how scientists who study our motor systems now know that much of our cognition occurs in the spinal cord and the nerves beyond.

It won' be enough to say that cognitive scientists are now mostly agreeing that it's really hard to know where in our bodies our minds end and our bodies began.

You'll demand citations! "Citations I say, or you're just making it up, because I the great @Revoltingest don't know about this. So if you cannot summarize it in a few words, it's obviously wrong."

Nah, if you're sincerely interested in the science, I just gave you some good leads.
I asked a simple question.
You gave a diatribe about why you won't answer.
That makes the issue hard to discuss.

icehorse

Premium Member
That's been a common way of putting it fir awhile.

Tue disorder comes from things like depression, anxiety, low quality of life and suicidal ideations over the sense of dysphoria, as well as the stressors endured from being a minority that is widely discriminated against.
Being trans in and of itself doesn't cause that, as evidenced by trans people who don't deal with those issues. This is often achieved as a trans individual moves from a constant state of gender dysphoria and achieves gender euphoria, or at least not as dysphoric.

Ok, so it's fair to say trans people "feel like they're in the wrong body". And we do not want to call it a disorder.

So, since we know that the mind and body are one, how can someone "be in the wrong body"? Is it their mind experiencing this?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Ok, so it's fair to say trans people "feel like they're in the wrong body". And we do not want to call it a disorder.

So, since we know that the mind and body are one, how can someone "be in the wrong body"? Is it their mind experiencing this?
I already said:
the brain if a trans person looks more like their identitified sex
Yes, it is a psychological thing. Like happiness. That is a psychological thing. We can see what neurochemicals are involved, but the state itself, like so many things, is felt in the mind.

We Never Know

No Slack
I already said:

Yes, it is a psychological thing. Like happiness. That is a psychological thing. We can see what neurochemicals are involved, but the state itself, like so many things, is felt in the mind.

"Yes, it is a psychological thing"

Psychological refers to mental/emotional...
but its not a mental condition right? Would you call it any emotional condition?

We Never Know

No Slack
Wouldn't it be better to see it on the badge rather than imagining?
Do you realize saying 'I imagine' is a figure of speech?

If it 110° outside and Bob says man its hot out.
I will reply with 'I imagine'.

Its kind of like being sarcastic to the obvious.

Maybe that's a country thing.