• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Hey, anyone can be a misogynist.

So let me ask you this, let's say that only 47% of women are concerned about a sex-based pay gap. Would your argument be that we can ignore those women?
Twice now, I've asked you to point out where you see the misogyny. Twice now, you have failed to point it out.
I'll not be answering your questions until you've made some progress in that area.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Is that what shaped your views?
If so, I recommend broadening your experience
by attending meetings of trans women who
survived abuse by the church & assault by bigots.
It could be a real eye opener.

I'm a utilitarian and for the most part, that's how society operates. Based on the numbers, you are making a grossly non-utilitarian argument.

icehorse

Premium Member
Twice now, I've asked you to point out where you see the misogyny. Twice now, you have failed to point it out.
I'll not be answering your questions until you've made some progress in that area.

Unless I misunderstand you, you're saying that the concerns of 47% of women do not matter. Is that correct?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Unless I misunderstand you, you're saying that the concerns of 47% of women do not matter. Is that correct?
My previous response was, "Is that supposed to be some sort of counter argument?
We just looked at numbers showing that a majority of women don't dread going into the washroom with trans people. I suggested that you are overexaggerating this "dread" you're talking about because it isn't borne out in the numbers. It seems to come from your personal experience asking women about it.
And we just looked at numbers showing that the people most likely to be harmed in public rest rooms are trans people.
Should we just let people experience dread, even if unwarranted? Why?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Parenthetical aside....
I've been called a "misogynist" by so many of such
varied political & religious persuasions here on RF
that the word has little more meaning than "poopy
head". It's just another expletive.

icehorse

Premium Member
Parenthetical aside....
I've been called a "misogynist" by so many of such
varied political & religious persuasions here on RF
that the word has little more meaning than "poopy