• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Such a weak comparison!

One is a legitimate safety issue, one is not.
So you're dismissing thier concerns of what can be a legit safety concern? Funny for you to say something misamdrist after slinging out accusations of misogynist like a michine gun shooting bullets. I didn't see that one coming. Amd to just so upfront their out there like that.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Tell that to women in sports. This sort of self-centered, virtue signalling response is really beyond the pale.
You really don't seem to understand what "virtue signalling" is, and taking my comments out of context is dishonest. I very clearly stated that sports authorities create various categories and tend to sort these things out themselves, and that making broad social prescriptions for the sake of sports is obviously very stupid. It's as dumb as arguing that we should all have different pronouns determined by our weight class, because it makes differing weight classes in sport easier to delineate. I mean, imagine responding to someone who says "We shouldn't designate people into rigid social classes for the benefit of sporting events" by arguing "Well, tell that to lightweight people! I think you're being very discriminatory to them somehow."

It's absurd. Don't be absurd.

"Those women, who do they think they are!" - ugh, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Gee, it sure is good I didn't say that, then. It's almost as if I said something completely different and you're deliberately misrepresenting me. Also, I was responding to a man.

Stop misrepresenting my arguments, stop pretending you speak for women (which is ACTUAL misogyny) and stop pretending you care about women's sports.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
two points (off the top of my head):

- the coalitions have agendas
- there is no mention of longitudinal studies

Both of these concerns are echoed frequently when considering the "solutions" proposed by trans activists.

==

Additionally, these studies do not consider "dread". And whether you like it or not, mitigating reasonable dread is an important criteria.
Literally, you reject any factual data that doesn't confirm your prior assumptions.

There's a word for that.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I think your bias against marginalized groups is what the problem is. You still haven't explained what your problem is with trans people.

In this conversation my ONLY problem is with biological males entering women's safe spaces. Anything else you might think, you're making up.

icehorse

Premium Member
Either way, the bigotry towards trans folk is there.
We just don't know why the posts are that way.
@Soandso -

You appear to have decided that there is only one correct answer. And if anyone disagrees, you feel free to insult them. That's quite authoritarian of you.

How about you try to steelman my position. You don't have to agree with it.

Shadow Wolf

icehorse

Premium Member
Ok, so that's aman with a history and mistake, not a transwoman.
That's why it was pointed out to you thw transphobia is there, alive and well in your posts.
Only if you don't actually read the posts :facepalm:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You STILL have not provided long term studies, so your data is incomplete at best.
Several states have had anti-discrimination bathroom laws on the books for over a decade now and crimes in women's bathrooms have not increased. How long of a time-frame do you want?

It doesn't appear that you've read anything I provided to you.
As for minimizing dread, society has demonstrated for decades now that it is a significant aspect of well being.
What?
I really don't know how else to say this, but your minimizing the downsides of increasing dread for hundreds of millions of women is just plain misogynistic. I don't care who you are, this is a callous, selfish perspective.
There doesn't appear to be any need for this supposed dread that you've not even demonstrated the existence of. This supposed dread is misplaced. Sorry if you think it's callous and selfish to point that out.

Send any woman who dreads using public washrooms to me and I'll have a little discussion with them and point out to them that it's overhyped and apparently unjustified so they can move on with their lives. However, I'm not even sure this dread exists in the first place. This appears to just be an exercise in fear-mongering.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The only evidence of that is from agenda-driven agencies who do not have long term data. And, fwiw, your claim defies common sense. Another way of stating your claim is that male predators will - for reasons not yet explained - fail to take advantage of this new norm. And finally, you are ignoring the concern about dread...

Good thing there are more than two solutions!
Where is the evidence that shows that allowing transgender women to use public facilities that conform to their gender makes cis women less secure?

Shadow Wolf

However, I'm not even sure this dread exists in the first place.
It exists.
I was at the gym maybe a couple months ago and several tv screens are on, one if them Fox, who's hyping an upcoming Hannity show about the problems and risks transwomen pose to school aged cis women at school, and the creepy pervs had a camera on this presumably high school girl's butt as she walked in the bathroom.:facepalm: