• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

We Never Know

No Slack
I mean, basically any context where more precise details of sex and gender identity is important? Doctor's offices? College classes? Certain communities like the LGBTQ+ community? Intimate partner relationships? Establishing non-discrimination laws? Whenever the people talking to each other decide that additional precision in language is important? I'll confess I'm kind of confused and surprised by the question and don't quite understand it.

"additional clarification or specificity becomes relevant"

Ok try this...

I am a male. Bob is a transgender male.

How can it get more specific or clearer than that?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Back to utilitarianism - using your polls, that means that roughly half do not favor it. So if I understand you, you're proposing that that we add a little dread to half of the country's women in order to accommodate a tiny, tiny handful of people? That's not typically how things work.
I think their "dread" is misplaced. And I think you're overexaggerating the "dread."

Nonetheless, a majority aren't "dreading" anything. People like myself realize we've been sharing the washroom with anyone who wants to use it since we started using washrooms.

And the fact of the matter remains that the people most likely to be harmed in a public restroom, appear to be transgender people. Their "dread" is warranted, imo.
Argh. Will you respond to my idea concerning "normalization"? With apologies, go do an internet search on "gender ****" (f##k)
If they're not "more threatening than normal" then why all the dread?

What's normal for me and has been for all my 43 years on this planet, is to enter and use the rest room I feel most comfortable in. Am I wrong to assume that's normal for everyone else as well?
see above on utilitarianism.
Whose lives are being worsened? Like, for real?
No, trans activists are creating problems and I'm resisting them :)
It looks to me like you're seeking out problems that don't necessarily exist, at least, not at the level you seem to think.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I think their "dread" is misplaced. And I think you're overexaggerating the "dread."

Who are you to say that? Misogynistic much?

If they're not "more threatening than normal" then why all the dread?

I'm not asking you to agree, but do you at least understand the "normalization" concern?

Am I wrong to assume that's normal for everyone else as well?
yes, you are wrong. Your lived experience is a single data point in a utilitarian society.

Whose lives are being worsened? Like, for real?
Well my sample direct sample size is small. But most of the women I've talked to are unhappy with the idea of sharing restrooms, locker rooms, women's shelters, women's gatherings and such with biological males.

It looks to me like you're seeking out problems that don't necessarily exist, at least, not at the level you seem to think.
It looks to me like you're being misogynistic. :(

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Who are you to say that? Misogynistic much?
Huh?

Statistics indicate this "dread" you claim a bunch of women have is misplaced. Statistics also indicate that you're overexaggerating this supposed "dread." What's misogynistic?
I'm not asking you to agree, but do you at least understand the "normalization" concern?
I think I did.
yes, you are wrong. Your lived experience is a single data point in a utilitarian society.
You haven't been using the public restroom of your choice for your entire life?
Well my sample direct sample size is small. But most of the women I've talked to are unhappy with the idea of sharing restrooms, locker rooms, women's shelters, women's gatherings and such with biological males.
Most women are in favour of trans people using the rest room of their choice.
It looks to me like you're being misogynistic. :(
Please explain in detail.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
And what is the proper response to that? Do we stoke the fear? Or reassure them there is no danger? Or neither?

I think it is either 2 or 3, but we should be stoking the fear.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Indeed, why call ALL women "womb owners" or whatever?
Not all have wombs.
Even a great many cis women don't have'm.
I thought I'd answered this, but again - sometimes it's okay, but sometimes, like in women's safe spaces or in the hospital there can be harm. Sometimes sex matters.
What harm is done by having a trans woman in a hospital with women?
Or having men (trans or cis) in a hospital?
Should trans men be in hospitals with women instead of men?
I don't know them personally, I'd have to know more about them, and it would depend on the context. But if a trans woman is trying to get into a woman's safe space, I'd probably call that person a man.
It seems you're skirting the question.
But hear that, @Shadow Wolf.....he says you're a "man".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know he does. And he'd probably overlook me and single out the cis gal with peach fuzz on her face or wide shoulders, or a lesbian who outbutches him.
That's how it tends to go with people like him.
I guess I just never got enuf Bible learn'n
to properly understand biology & ethics.

JDMS

Academic Workhorse
I know he does. And he'd probably overlook me and single out the cis gal with peach fuzz on her face or wide shoulders, or a lesbian who outbutches him.
That's how it tends to go with people like him.
Indeed. I've had the (dis)pleasure of hearing transphobic rants spouted at me by others who thought I'd agree with them in my rural community... All while not realizing the very subject of their hate stands before them. They can't tell.

icehorse

Premium Member
Statistics indicate this "dread" you claim a bunch of women have is misplaced
I'm sure millions of women will feel much better knowing that you think their dread is misplaced.

wow!!! just wow!! Who tf do you think you are??

Nonetheless, a majority aren't "dreading" anything.
By your own evidence, it is a thin majority.

You haven't been using the public restroom of your choice for your entire life?
Most of the women I know who are important to me do not want to see biological males in their safe spaces. I don't care if they represent only 47% (or whatever), of all women.

The fact that you want to impose dread on millions and millions of women to accommodate a tiny handful of people is perhaps one of the most misogynistic things I've ever heard.

Do the feelings of that 47% not matter to you?

icehorse

Premium Member
And what is the proper response to that? Do we stoke the fear? Or reassure them there is no danger? Or neither?

I think it is either 2 or 3, but we should be stoking the fear.
The proper response is to respect their feelings.

Who on earth are you to tell millions of women their feelings are wrong. You're fine to accept it when a trans person claims they "feel" they're in the wrong body?

icehorse

Premium Member
What harm is done by having a trans woman in a hospital with women?
Or having men (trans or cis) in a hospital?
Should trans men be in hospitals with women instead of men?
more strawman - why are you wasting everyone's time with these strawman arguments?

I see obfuscators use this strategy, is that what you're up to?

icehorse

Premium Member
Indeed. I've had the (dis)pleasure of hearing transphobic rants spouted at me by others who thought I'd agree with them in my rural community... All while not realizing the very subject of their hate stands before them. They can't tell.

Where's this hate you're talking about? Certainly not from me.