• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Other than transgenders, how many others make preferred pronouns I want to be called an issue?
You seem to be making a bigger deal of it than we do. Religious? Wow. It must be WAY important and of paramount consideration in your life.

We Never Know

No Slack
You seem to be making a bigger deal of it than we do. Religious? Wow. It must be WAY important and of paramount consideration in your life.
I've really have never gave it any thoughts until lately since it seems to have become a big deal.

Religious? lol. Not in the slightest but I forgot you all try to tie it to religion rather than politics.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And @Revoltingest

If you support trans people, don't you have to support the idea of "gendered souls"? If not, how do you explain the basic claim of "being born in the wrong body"?
I don't deal in religious concepts like the "soul".
And I don't support trans folk. I just acknowledge
them, & at times advocate for what I think is
proper treatment of them.
Hmm...Is that "support"?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nor did lots of preiron age people. It's only when the West decided everything must be either-or and there is a proper way to be and a wrong way to be. We even have evidence that earlier, even Medieval, Christians didn't have an issue with it like people today who think nature and the cosmos gave us clear cut and black and white.
Modern Christians are much more sophisticated,
& can more easily obsess over imposing ever more
restrictions upon others.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
No. It's absurd to think belief in a soul is required. Lets keep it in science and medicine, not go to the realm of supernatural and superstition.
That works for me... So here's the thing, cognitive scientists and neuroscientists and such will all tell you that we ARE our bodies. Our minds and brains are not distinct from our bodies. They are one.

The next data point we have to work with is that we cannot call being trans a condition or a disorder or anything like that. That's a constraint the trans activists have placed on the conversation.

So with those two ideas working together, the notion that a trans person is "in the wrong body" doesn't make any sense from a scientific perspective. That's why I suggested it could more aptly be described as a religious feeling.

thoughts?

Secret Chief

Degrow!
And why do you think that has became policy?
To be more inclusive. The management had consulted with staff - as per the statement website. The world (or some of it) has moved on.

it looks to me like they changed their names because of being transgender, to go with their gender, and those names they changed to are pretty obvious tp what pronoun they prefer.
If someone's name is Sam or Chris what pronoun would they like to be used?

Why are you so determined to be difficult?

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
To be more inclusive. The management had consulted with staff - as per the statement website. The world (or some of it) has moved on.

If someone's name is Sam what pronoun would they like to be used?

Why are you so determined to be difficult?

"If someone's name is Sam what pronoun would they like to be used?"

If male I imagine he wouldn't make a deal of it. If transgender male I imagine "him"

If female I imagine she wouldn't make a deal of it. If transgender female I imagine "her"

"Why are you so determined to be difficult?"

So not seeing things your way makes me difficult eh? Ditto

Secret Chief

Degrow!
I see you changed..

"If you worked for the same company your pronoun would be on your badge."

To

"If you worked for the same company you would be asked if you wanted your pronoun on your badge."

I'm guessing its a newer policy. Why would you think such a policy would be needed?

Other than transgenders, how many others make preferred pronouns I want to be called an issue?
The change was simply because I looked at the website after speaking to my wife. She said she was simply asked what pronoun she wanted on her badge.

We Never Know

No Slack
Wouldn't it be better to see it on the badge rather than imagining?

If male I imagine he wouldn't make a deal of it. If transgender male I imagine "him"

Why would the bold letter male need a preferred pronoun?

If female I imagine she wouldn't make a deal of it. If transgender female I imagine "her"

Why would the bold letter female need a preferred pronoun?