• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Before You Ask, "Does God Exist?"...

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
Before you ask, "does god or the gods exist", shouldn't you be asking, "If god or the gods exist, then how would we know that they exist?"

Isn't the latter the more fundamental question? Why or why not?

Look around you. The evidence is in all that you look at. Do you believe that an intricate book, containing a complex set of instructions on how to construct every living organism on earth, so small that we cannot even see it with our wonderfully complex eyes, and all packed in every cell of every living thing, could have come about by pure chance? Who are the deluded ones here and who are the realists?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Look around you. The evidence is in all that you look at. Do you believe that an intricate book, containing a complex set of instructions on how to construct every living organism on earth, so small that we cannot even see it with our wonderfully complex eyes, and all packed in every cell of every living thing, could have come about by pure chance? Who are the deluded ones here and who are the realists?
I agree with you. Every living thing has the same signature so I think it is not possible that life does not have a creator. The Creator has to be God imo.

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
I agree with you. Every living thing has the same signature so I think it is not possible that life does not have a creator. The Creator has to be God imo.

Thank you savagewind. Yes, you are absolutely correct in your reasoning, each DNA cell contains the same four types of nitrogen bases, adenine (A), thymine (T), guanine (G) and cytosine (C), however, to further demonstrate that a creator is absolutely necessary, in every individual organism the DNA cell is different, which means, we are all unique individuals, animals and plants. No two organisms are the same, saving, of course, identical twins. The atheist will say that DNA is the result of a random set of events over time, effectively saying that this instruction manual wrote itself. Such a belief is delusional and without any real substance, whereas, the opposite prognosis sits perfectly in its hypothesis. It is nothing short of concrete evidence for the existence of God.

chinu

chinu
Before you ask, "does god or the gods exist", shouldn't you be asking, "If god or the gods exist, then how would we know that they exist?"

Before you ask,"If god or the gods exist, then how would we know that they exist?, shouldn't you be asking, "If god or the gods really doesn't exist, then what made me asking this question ? "

Isn't the latter the more fundamental question? Why or why not? :)

OurCreed

There is no God but Allah
Define what God is first, we can't go anywhere unless you figure out what it is you are trying to understand if it exists or not...

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
A whole bunch of Gods exist, Angels too, Demons, leeser Demigods, as well as life on other planets, Great Beings on other planets more intelligent than humans (albeit humans are also very smart, and some are "half Gods" or partial Gods and such and Gods and Beings from other planets even mated with some humans using "nectar" to drink), there is also life on this planet yet unknown, or so rare that people do not know...

... and I think Bigfoot indeed is out there, and probably there were flying dinosauric beings such as Pterosaurs even as recent as World War Two...

... on and on ...

BUT ...

THEY (and "they") are not the "end game". But nice to know.

There are lots of people who have seen them, even I saw a God or two, it is very common. BUT do not make TOO MUCH of it. It isn't as big a deal as some think.

What is more important, is your EXPERIENCES.

UPDATE: ... just to add to this, don't over exaggerate Their importance. Yes, nice to get to know them - powerful friends are good to know. But some have their "issues" if you know what I mean. And given that, some Demons have their own upside qualities. Take Ravana for example, a demon and King of the Rakshasas. But - he was good at music, wrote some great journals of science, and he was a devotee of Shiva.

So there. Use your brains. Be mindful. Bit careful. Figure it out, and what has the best outcome. Just because a God is better than you, They have their own problems and you have your own greatness in you. YOU CAN DO IT. Make sure you have fun, too. Happy Trails.

Last edited:

SAHAJANANDA

It is not useful to ask the question ' Does God exists?. The useful question could be ' Does unconditional love exists?. If unconditional love exists then God exists because God is unconditional love. Only when we experience or manifest unconditional love then we discover that God exists.
The second useful question would be: who I am? What is my infinite identity? By negating all our finite identities that have a beginning and an end we come to our infinite identity that has no beginning and an end. That infinite identity is God. The Vedic sages have asked this question and they found God or infinite self, Atman or Brahman. The western mind asked the question ' Does God exists? And they have lost God.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Actually that is the only thing you can know with certainty. If you think then no matter what else is true or false, you exist.

Except you can't even verify that you think. You could be an elaborate artificial intelligence that is programed to think that it is thinking. You could be part of an elaborate dream. Just because you think doesn't mean that you are.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Except you can't even verify that you think. You could be an elaborate artificial intelligence that is programed to think that it is thinking. You could be part of an elaborate dream. Just because you think doesn't mean that you are.
You should review Descartes's original argument because even if I am in a dream I am still thinking. I may not even know what I am, but whatever I am must exist. Even when we do not know we are in a dream we are still thinking unless you know of someone who was dreaming without being able to think. It does not matter what kind of "matrix" like argument you make it still requires that we are able to think. That is precisely how and why Descartes's argument has survived every attempt at a counter argument for hundreds of years.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You should review Descartes's original argument because even if I am in a dream I am still thinking. I may not even know what I am, but whatever I am must exist. Even when we do not know we are in a dream we are still thinking unless you know of someone who was dreaming without being able to think. It does not matter what kind of "matrix" like argument you make it still requires that we are able to think. That is precisely how and why Descartes's argument has survived every attempt at a counter argument for hundreds of years.

Descartes was simply wrong. Of course, he lived long before the idea of artificial intelligence was dreamed up, so that's not a surprise. It hasn't survived anything, it is just embraced by people who think that because it was once worthwhile, it will always be worthwhile. Nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia is ridiculous.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Don't you mean, "who are the ones who understand science and complexity, and who are the ones who don't?"

james bond

DBAI. Of course, God exists. If He didn't, then you wouldn't be here. None of us would be here. He is right in front of your nose, but you can't tell. What can I say?

I have to question if evolution exists because it can't explain the following while God said all things exist in relationship to one another and so it is.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

Asking "What can I know?" is the first step in finding truth.

But I actually think a more important question than the existence of deities, is: Is death final? If death is truly the end then a lot of this god nonsense becomes moot.