• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Belief-o-Matic

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
1. Orthodox Quaker (100%) 2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (84%) 3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (79%) 4. Seventh Day Adventist (75%) 5. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (66%) 6. Liberal Quakers (66%) 7. Eastern Orthodox (65%) 8. Roman Catholic (65%) 9. Unitarian Universalism (61%) 10. Hinduism (57%) 11. Jehovah's Witness (57%) 12. Mahayana Buddhism (55%) 13. Orthodox Judaism (55%) 14. Neo-Pagan (52%) 15. Bahá'í Faith (52%) 16. Jainism (50%) 17. Islam (50%) 18. Reform Judaism (50%) 19. Theravada Buddhism (49%) 20. New Age (47%) 21. Sikhism (47%) 22. Secular Humanism (42%) 23. Taoism (36%) 24. New Thought (33%) 25. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (30%) 26. Nontheist (30%) 27. Scientology(29%)
Okay...??

I have a feeling I didn't read all the questions thoroughly (go figure).

d.

_______
the only questions i feel i could answer without compromise was the political ones at the end...religion-wise, this quiz was pretty useless for me.

100% liberal quaker...93% UU...19% roman catholic.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Hahahahaha I came out as 100% Christian Science at first. Started wondering whether I'm a great deal more confused than I already feel I am but just to be sure checked my browser settings and yeh, they'd screwed with the test by blocking all but the last page of reponses. I did it again and came out with this:-

1. Hinduism (100%) Oh really!
2. Mahayana Buddhism (87%) Expected
3. Theravada Buddhism (78%) Expected
4. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (77%) Oh well that's settled it
5. Unitarian Universalism (75%) Who isnt?
6. Taoism (65%) Its about time!
7. New Thought (64%)
8. New Age (64%)
9. Neo-Pagan (62%)
10. Liberal Quakers (61%)
11. Baha'i Faith (59%)
12. Scientology (58%)
13. Orthodox Quaker (40%)
14. Jainism (38%)
15. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (35%)
16. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (26%)
17. Jehovah's Witness (26%)
18. Secular Humanism (24%)
19. Seventh Day Adventist (22%)
20. Sikhism (22%)
21. Nontheist (17%)
22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (16%)
23. Eastern Orthodox (8%)
24. Orthodox Judaism (8%)
25. Roman Catholic (8%)
26. Islam (0%)
27. Reform Judaism (0%)

Practically no one considering themselves Taoist would get 100% Taoism if they took this test. The criteria for Taoism they're using looks like an inflexible & simplistic early 20th century western interpretation of the Tao Te Ching. It reflects little of the actual beliefs common to Taoist sects.

Smoke

Done here.
Every time I take this test, my results are a little different. That's partly because my beliefs are always evolving, but mostly because the questions don't suit me very well. The test definitely has a Christian/Abrahamic bias.

Anyway, today I got 70% or higher on these:

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%) 2. Liberal Quakers (97%) 3. Neo-Pagan (95%) 4. Secular Humanism (88%) 5. New Age (79%) 6. Theravada Buddhism (74%) 7. Mahayana Buddhism (73%) 8. Reform Judaism (71%) 9. Taoism (70%)

I usually score high on Unitarian Universalism, Liberal Quakers, and Neo-Pagan. I think I'd score higher on Taoism if the test took Taoism more into account, and distinguished between religious and philosophical Taoism. I also think, based on my results over time, that the test fails to make enough distinction between Eastern Orthodoxy and Roman Catholicism. I don't recall scoring this high on Secular Humanism before, and the various forms of Christianity seem to keep working their way down my list, though I still score relatively high on "Mainline to Liberal Christianity."

Smoke

Done here.
dawny0826 said:
1. Orthodox Quaker (100%) 2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (84%) 3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (79%) 4. Seventh Day Adventist (75%) 5. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (66%) 6. Liberal Quakers (66%) 7. Eastern Orthodox (65%) 8. Roman Catholic (65%) 9. Unitarian Universalism (61%) 10. Hinduism (57%) 11. Jehovah's Witness (57%) 12. Mahayana Buddhism (55%) 13. Orthodox Judaism (55%) 14. Neo-Pagan (52%) 15. Bahá'í Faith (52%) 16. Jainism (50%) 17. Islam (50%) 18. Reform Judaism (50%) 19. Theravada Buddhism (49%) 20. New Age (47%) 21. Sikhism (47%) 22. Secular Humanism (42%) 23. Taoism (36%) 24. New Thought (33%) 25. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (30%) 26. Nontheist (30%) 27. Scientology(29%)
Okay...??

I have a feeling I didn't read all the questions thoroughly (go figure).
I don't know. "Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant" is what you are, right? And you've got those liberal tendencies reflected in #3. I could even kind of see you as an Orthodox Quaker, since they accept traditional Christian dogma -- though the style of worship would be different from what you're used to.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
MidnightBlue said:
I don't know. "Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant" is what you are, right? And you've got those liberal tendencies reflected in #3. I could even kind of see you as an Orthodox Quaker, since they accept traditional Christian dogma -- though the style of worship would be different from what you're used to.

I would place "Mainline Conservative Christian/Protestant as #1 and move Orthodox Quaker" to #2.

You know...whatever...:D

Smoke

Done here.
dawny0826 said:
I would place "Mainline Conservative Christian/Protestant as #1 and move Orthodox Quaker" to #2.

You know...whatever...:D
Belief-O-Matic only does so much. If I feel well-disposed toward the top few on the list, I reckon it's as accurate as I could expect. :D

It ranked me higher on UU than Liberal Quaker, but I'm definitely more inclined toward Liberal Quakerism than Unitarian Universalism, partly because -- for my taste -- the UU congregations I've visited feel a little too much like "church." As I get a little more distance from Christianity, and my apostasy becomes a little less raw, that may not bother me so much.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
MidnightBlue said:
Belief-O-Matic only does so much. If I feel well-disposed toward the top few on the list, I reckon it's as accurate as I could expect. :D

It ranked me higher on UU than Liberal Quaker, but I'm definitely more inclined toward Liberal Quakerism than Unitarian Universalism, partly because -- for my taste -- the UU congregations I've visited feel a little too much like "church." As I get a little more distance from Christianity, and my apostasy becomes a little less raw, that may not bother me so much.

Do you attend a religious institution? Do you go attend a Liberal Quaker Church? (Just out of curiosity)

Smoke

Done here.
dawny0826 said:
Do you attend a religious institution? Do you go attend a Liberal Quaker Church? (Just out of curiosity)
Most often not. We have trouble getting going early enough on Sunday mornings. But there is a Liberal Quaker Meeting I'd like to attend more often. Right now, I have a strong aversion to anything with "church" in the name of it. ;)

nutshell

It's been awhile since I've done this...HERE I GO!!!!

1. Othodox Judaism (100%)
2. Sikhism (94%)
3. LDS (89%)
4. Islam (88%)
5. Mainline conservative Christian/Protestant (87%)
6. Baha'i
7. Hinduism
8. Eastern Orthodox
9. Roman Catholic
10. Orthodox Quaker
11. Reform Judaism
12. Jainism
13. Mainline to liberal Christian Protestant
14. Jehovah Witness
15. Seventh Day Adventist
16. Liberal Quaker
17. Mahayana Buddhism
18. Unitarian Universalism
19. Neo-Pagan
20. Theravanda Buddhism
21. Scientology
22. New Age
23. New Thought
24. Christian Science
25. Taoism
26. Secular Humanism
27. Nontheist

For those of you who know me, what do you think of this list? I'm especially curious about Orthodox Judaism being #1.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
nutshell said:
It's been awhile since I've done this...HERE I GO!!!!

1. Othodox Judaism (100%)
2. Sikhism (94%)
3. LDS (89%)
4. Islam (88%)
5. Mainline conservative Christian/Protestant (87%)
6. Baha'i
7. Hinduism
8. Eastern Orthodox
9. Roman Catholic
10. Orthodox Quaker
11. Reform Judaism
12. Jainism
13. Mainline to liberal Christian Protestant
14. Jehovah Witness
15. Seventh Day Adventist
16. Liberal Quaker
17. Mahayana Buddhism
18. Unitarian Universalism
19. Neo-Pagan
20. Theravanda Buddhism
21. Scientology
22. New Age
23. New Thought
24. Christian Science
25. Taoism
26. Secular Humanism
27. Nontheist

For those of you who know me, what do you think of this list? I'm especially curious about Orthodox Judaism being #1.

Wow! Do you agree with that?

I wonder how you got Orthodox Jew as #1. That's pretty cool.:D

nutshell

dawny0826 said:
Wow! Do you agree with that?

I wonder how you got Orthodox Jew as #1. That's pretty cool.:D

I guess I agree with it because LDS is #3 and #5 is mainline Christian/Protestant, but I'm tring to figure out where the Middle Eastern influences are coming from because #3 and #5 are surrounded by Orthodox Judaism, Shikhism, and Islam. I'm a bit baffled at that and I'd really like an Orthodox Jew to help me understand.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
1. Orthodox Quaker (100%) 2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (93%) 3. Reform Judaism (86%) 4. Liberal Quakers (85%) 5. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (82%) 6. Unitarian Universalism (78%) 7. Islam (76%) 8. Orthodox Judaism (76%) 9. Bahá'í Faith (76%) 10. Eastern Orthodox (70%) 11. Roman Catholic (70%) 12. Sikhism (62%) 13. Neo-Pagan (60%) 14. Seventh Day Adventist (60%) 15. Scientology (54%) 16. New Age (54%) 17. Secular Humanism (53%) 18. Taoism (53%) 19. Mahayana Buddhism (52%) 20. New Thought (51%) 21. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (51%) 22. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (51%) 23. Theravada Buddhism (47%) 24. Jainism (46%) 25. Nontheist (38%) 26. Hinduism (30%) 27. Jehovah's Witness (23%) LOL! I never knew I was a Quaker
I thought my second highest one would be more accurate

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
nutshell said:
By the way, Dawny, it's nice to talk to you outside of the Mormon v. Baptist threads.

Same here.:D

Based upon what you've posted about your beliefs...I have no idea how you came out the way you did...except for LDS at #3, of course. I would have thought that would place higher.

But then again...I never would have thought that I'd be labeled 100% Orthodox Quaker.:confused:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Mister_T said:
1. Orthodox Quaker (100%) 2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (93%) 3. Reform Judaism (86%) 4. Liberal Quakers (85%) 5. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (82%) 6. Unitarian Universalism (78%) 7. Islam (76%) 8. Orthodox Judaism (76%) 9. Bahá'í Faith (76%) 10. Eastern Orthodox (70%) 11. Roman Catholic (70%) 12. Sikhism (62%) 13. Neo-Pagan (60%) 14. Seventh Day Adventist (60%) 15. Scientology (54%) 16. New Age (54%) 17. Secular Humanism (53%) 18. Taoism (53%) 19. Mahayana Buddhism (52%) 20. New Thought (51%) 21. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (51%) 22. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (51%) 23. Theravada Buddhism (47%) 24. Jainism (46%) 25. Nontheist (38%) 26. Hinduism (30%) 27. Jehovah's Witness (23%) LOL! I never knew I was a Quaker
I'd say my second highest one is more accurate

Another Orthodox Quaker!:faint:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
MidnightBlue said:
Most often not. We have trouble getting going early enough on Sunday mornings. But there is a Liberal Quaker Meeting I'd like to attend more often. Right now, I have a strong aversion to anything with "church" in the name of it. ;)

Well...whatever works...

Admittedly, I've played hookie from church the past few weeks.

I actually ditched church for the circus the other week.:devil:

Popeyesays

I took the test several times, but I cheated. I can pretty much make myself whatever by answering the questions the way a believer might. The test was easy to psych out.

Regards,
Scott

Smoke

Done here.
dawny0826 said:
I actually ditched church for the circus the other week.:devil:
A sound decision, especially if the circus features a motorcycle act. At least where I live, the circus only comes through once a year. ;)