• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bhutto Dead!

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Im sorry she died, its not like i wanted her to die, where the hell did that come from? Dont put words into my mouth.
Oh, grasshopper, where did I say you wanted her dead? Perhaps you should get off that tall horsey and stop doing what you're accusing me of.
I will never forget the uproar when a somewhat famous boxer in this country said that the USA brought 9/11 on themselves by their complacency and lack of regard for the type of people they were shagging off in the world. Which is much what you've said about our recently deceased Benazir.
And you and he both had the reaction of,'No, that's not what I meant! People are putting words into my mouth!' The problem wasn't outsiders putting words in so much, as the person in charge of the mouth not being so careful about what the let get out. The boxer in question is not a very bright man...I give you more credit than that.
My post was more along the lines of a little bit of 'Think about how you're saying what you are so that there's no misunderstanding,' advice. Think about the implications of 'they brought it on themselves' before you blurt it out.
If you'd rather get defensive than learn, that's entirely up to you.

The coverage on her seems to be really, really rose-tinted. At her core, she was a corrupt politician who robbed Pakistan and cut off free press and education, not to mention her former relationship with the Taliban. She didn't deserve to die though. I worry about Pakistan.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Penguino stated that she brought this upon herself.

Well, yes and no. She brought it upon herself in the sense that she knew she was likely to get killed if she was to return out of exile. But having said that, reports suggest that she was worried about her safety and that she tried to get help from the U.S. regarding that. Naturally, it's not her fault someone went and shot her then blew himself up, but she was aware of the risks. I think that's all penguino was trying to say....

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
At her core, she was a corrupt politician who robbed Pakistan and cut off free press and education, not to mention her former relationship with the Taliban.

At the same time, she provided a democratic alternative to an unpopular and authoritarian military regime. This alternative was certainly far from perfect, but it did represent one of the few stabilising forces in Pakistan.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Knowing how fanatic the opposition was, she asked repeatedly for security details at public rallies, for her car to be flanked by police vehicles, even for tinted windows for her vehicle. Despite promises, though, these were not forthcoming.

In a letter -- to be published in the event of her death -- she lays the blame squarely on Musharrif and the Musharrif government.

Oh, grasshopper, where did I say you wanted her dead? Perhaps you should get off that tall horsey and stop doing what you're accusing me of.
I will never forget the uproar when a somewhat famous boxer in this country said that the USA brought 9/11 on themselves by their complacency and lack of regard for the type of people they were shagging off in the world. Which is much what you've said about our recently deceased Benazir.
And you and he both had the reaction of,'No, that's not what I meant! People are putting words into my mouth!' The problem wasn't outsiders putting words in so much, as the person in charge of the mouth not being so careful about what the let get out. The boxer in question is not a very bright man...I give you more credit than that.
My post was more along the lines of a little bit of 'Think about how you're saying what you are so that there's no misunderstanding,' advice. Think about the implications of 'they brought it on themselves' before you blurt it out.
If you'd rather get defensive than learn, that's entirely up to you.

You didnt say that exactly, but it did certainly sound like you were saying that. What am i accusing of? Your first post wasnt very advice and it did not seem like you were trying to give me advice, but if this was your intention, i didnt see it. I didnt blurt it out. I say things for a reason. She should have done more for security. Im not getting defensive. What makes you think i have to learn from you? Im always open to new ways of thinking. When its just thrown in my face im likely to do the same.

If i have misunderstood, then i do apologise.

Well, yes and no. She brought it upon herself in the sense that she knew she was likely to get killed if she was to return out of exile. But having said that, reports suggest that she was worried about her safety and that she tried to get help from the U.S. regarding that. Naturally, it's not her fault someone went and shot her then blew himself up, but she was aware of the risks. I think that's all penguino was trying to say....

Thanks there, meth. That was what i meant. If i sounded different, then im sorry, but this is what i mean.

Also thans for fighting my "case" Ymir, you should be a lawyer :p

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
penguino said:
She should have done more for security.
What exactly do you propose she'd have done? She asked the government for more protection which they failed to provide. She did all she could.

What exactly do you propose she'd have done? She asked the government for more protection which they failed to provide. She did all she could.

True.

Its funny how Musharraf goes to tehg end of the earth to protect his worthless politicians who steal from the government...

What are the chitizens of Pakistan going to do during hte election... Who can they wote for?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Easy question. Her own political party could have temporarily bankrolled her security. With the election all but in the bag, once President, again, she could simply compensate her party for their "investment". Easy breezy, lemon squeezy.

Easy question. Her own political party could have temporarily bankrolled her security. With the election all but in the bag, once President, again, she could simply compensate her party for their "investment". Easy breezy, lemon squeezy.

She was on the way to winnign an election, all she hasd to was stop herself from getting killed...

I feel for her family.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
You didnt say that exactly, but it did certainly sound like you were saying that. What am i accusing of? Your first post wasnt very advice and it did not seem like you were trying to give me advice, but if this was your intention, i didnt see it. I didnt blurt it out. I say things for a reason. She should have done more for security. Im not getting defensive. What makes you think i have to learn from you? Im always open to new ways of thinking. When its just thrown in my face im likely to do the same.

If i have misunderstood, then i do apologise.
Kid, you don't have to learn from anyone. However every interaction you have should be a learning experience, especially at your age. If you only want to learn from people who are happy to tell you what you want to hear and not tell you when you've misphrased something, then that's your perogative, but you wont learn very much that way.

Kid, you don't have to learn from anyone. However every interaction you have should be a learning experience, especially at your age. If you only want to learn from people who are happy to tell you what you want to hear and not tell you when you've misphrased something, then that's your perogative, but you wont learn very much that way.

Oldie, your right. Its not like i dont want to learn. No-one likes to hear what they dont want to. I am simply debating what you said, this should not turn into a lesson for me.

Get back on topic.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I feel sad for her family, her supporters and for all of those who are robbed of choosing her in the next election. I hope that her memory will bring joy and not sorrow.

As to her assassination. The reason she is dead is not the fault of Musharaff for not doing enough. It is also not her own fault for not being prepared enough. The blame for her death lies squarely on the shoulders of terrorists motivated by hatred of democracy and of a woman with power.

I think it says a lot that none of you people have yet blamed the terrorists for her death. Interesting...:rolleyes:

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Good point.

Maybe it wasn't a money issue though.:shrug:

Smoke

Done here.
I think it says a lot that none of you people have yet blamed the terrorists for her death. Interesting...:rolleyes:
I think you're right.

It also says a lot that some Muslim websites are claiming she was assassinated by Musharraf in collusion with the United States and Israel, as part of the worldwide plot against Islam. :rolleyes: