• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible - Alternative Translation

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
In any case, I have no idea where you get your concepts, but you really need to consult reputable historical and Biblical critical sources. The narrative you present as "actual history" or "fact" bears no resemblance to either.

My quotes are directly from the Source, Josephus' own writings.

HE wrote this

Josephus notices three of his acquaintances had been crucified, so he
entreats Titus to take them down; two of them die but one recovers (Vita 420-421)

Josephus writes about himself in third person, like how Paul' epistles are written

:eek::cover::facepalm: John the Baptist is not the same person as Yochanan ben Zakai!! Not even close!! Just...OMG.... :help:

I am saying, the gospel author used his name as inspiration (only by name) to produce the fictional character
Yochanan ben Zakai = Yochanan ben Zakariah

The Historical person that his life was based upon was "Pompey" whom was beheaded on 29th September(pre-julian), John was beheaded on 29th September (julian)

because Ur-marcus was a passion play of Julius Caesar

Also proves Josepos was a fraud.

Last edited:

Rakhel

Ok I have googled, and binged and yahooed and Wikied. and for soome reason I just can't find this Vita book that you keep referencing. All I found was a bunch of cities name Vita, a publishing company named Vita, and it being used as an acronym for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.
Please provide some link to this book you call Vita

Rakhel

By referencing it as Vita, no one knows which book, if any, you are taking your sources from.

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
Three Jesus' listed here, maybe Talmud was talking about one listed here

Vita 27
Jesus, the son of Sapphias(Wisdom), who principally set them on. He was ruler in Tiberias, a wicked man, and naturally disposed to make disturbances in matters of consequence; a seditious person he was indeed, and an innovator beyond every body else. He then took the laws of Moses into his hands, and came into the midst of the people, and said," O my fellow citizens! if you are not disposed to hate Josephus on your own account, have regard, however, to these laws of your country, which your commander-in-chief is going to betray; hate him therefore on both these accounts, and bring the man who hath acted thus insolently, to his deserved punishment."

Vita 40
a certain Galilean that then sojourned at Jerusalem, whose name was Jesus, who had about him a band of six hundred(600) armed men, they sent for him, and gave him three months pay, and gave him orders to follow Jonathan and his companions, and be obedient to them. They also gave money to three hundred men that were citizens of Jerusalem, to maintain them all, and ordered them also to follow the ambassadors; and when they had complied, and were gotten ready for the march, Jonathan and his companions went out with them, having along with them John's brother and a hundred armed men.

Vita 41
Now, as my father wrote me an account of this, (for Jesus the son of Gamala, who was present in that council, a friend and companion of mine, told him of it,) I was very much troubled, as discovering thereby that my fellow citizens proved so ungrateful to me, as, out of envy, to give order that I should be slain: my father earnestly pressed me also in his letter to come to him, for that he longed to see his son before he died. I informed my friends of these things, and that in three days' time I should leave the country, and go home.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
That's cool that you're translating the Bible yourself, but does your Alternative Translation have a Christian Denomination to follow it? If not, I recommend becoming a Minister of your own Church, it's not that hard to make a denomination of your own.

Are you going to publish it? Are you going to call it "Alternative Translation of the Bible"? I think that'd be an interesting name.

Rhadamanthus

Limenoscopus
That's cool that you're translating the Bible yourself, but does your Alternative Translation have a Christian Denomination to follow it? If not, I recommend becoming a Minister of your own Church, it's not that hard to make a denomination of your own.

Are you going to publish it? Are you going to call it "Alternative Translation of the Bible"? I think that'd be an interesting name.

The alter-translation will bring the bible to its too polytheist roots, but i am a Hellenistic polytheist, not sure how i can be a minister

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
The alter-translation will bring the bible to its too polytheist roots, but i am a Hellenistic polytheist, not sure how i can be a minister
In other words, you'll twist the original texts to fit your preconceived notion of what it should say. No thanks.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
That is how polytheism was transformed into monotheism

I transform it back into polytheism

:slap: The lack of understanding that you show is just amazing. You can't transform Judaism back into polytheism. You aren't going to transform anything back to Judaism. All you are going to do is show people why they should not believe conspiracies, or end up dissuading people from looking up actual scholarship. Because what you're doing is just making a mockery out of the issue.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
:slap: The lack of understanding that you show is just amazing. You can't transform Judaism back into polytheism. You aren't going to transform anything back to Judaism. All you are going to do is show people why they should not believe conspiracies, or end up dissuading people from looking up actual scholarship. Because what you're doing is just making a mockery out of the issue.

Why not? It was indeed polytheistic before monotheistic.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Why not? It was indeed polytheistic before monotheistic.

Because a central belief of Judaism is that there is only one God. Even before that, it was worship of one God. There is no reason to think that a shoddy translation, done by someone who doesn't know scholarship on the subject or even Hebrew will change that.