• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible - Book of lies

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
the reason for two different creation accounts is due to two ancient books that were compiled together.

there are 5 different authors if you count the redactor who heavily edited the compilation
This is one of those statements that beautifully demonstrates the maxim: "a little knowledge is ... a little knowledge."

You've apparently picked up a couple of talking points and decided to 'teach' them to others without more than the most shallow understanding of the issue. No, there were not "two ancient books" - integration/redaction almost certainly occurred at the level of oral transmission. As for 5 authors, that is a caricature of DH, little more.

Try learning about a topic before pontificating ... :rolleyes:

outhouse

Atheistically
This is one of those statements that beautifully demonstrates the maxim: "a little knowledge is ... a little knowledge."

You've apparently picked up a couple of talking points and decided to 'teach' them to others without more than the most shallow understanding of the issue. No, there were not "two ancient books" - integration/redaction almost certainly occurred at the level of oral transmission. As for 5 authors, that is a caricature of DH, little more.

Try learning about a topic before pontificating ... :rolleyes:

so J and E were not compiled together?, sorry dont answer because no one knows for sure. DH allthough followed for a long time is losing strength for a more compiled through oral tradition and slow additions from written sources. How much of which is up for debate and personal opinion.

many still believe E and J were written close to a what 950BC ish and what 850BC with some saying a 40-60 year span between the two.

shallow understanding? no I dont think so. for this purpose I dont need to get into great detail.

outhouse

Atheistically
Did I mention shallow and pretentious?

:clap I'm so very proud of your ability to read wikipedia. Who knows - someday you might even read (dare I say) a book. :clap

like i said sources please.

biased scholars who write books are far worse then wiki. You know as well as I do, right now on this subject, im not far off from the middle of road view.

while you, who knows, what your stance is other then J and E were written at some magical date from oral tradition.

fact is I know it originated from oral tradition, but I'll go with the dates most scholars attribute over your opinion .

One thing is certain E and J were edited together and its finished form [first five books] would be sometime around second Isaiah

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
like i said sources please.

biased scholars who write books are far worse then wiki. You know as well as I do, right now on this subject, im not far off from the middle of road view.

while you, who knows, what your stance is other then J and E were written at some magical date from oral tradition.

fact is I know it originated from oral tradition, but I'll go with the dates most scholars attribute over your opinion .

One thing is certain E and J were edited together and its finished form [first five books] would be sometime around second Isaiah
You're babbling. Stop it.

outhouse

Atheistically
You're babbling. Stop it.

please

sources please, back your talk

well it looks like Jay cannot.

he would just come back and say J and E were collectors not authors, or they were group of people or cultures that wrote these works down over a long period of time. fact is we dont know exactly and we onlyhave good educated guesses.

but jay is silent,not from lack of knowledge, possibly a bad attitude from old age

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
There are also many other people which call Bible the book of lies.
In order to get to that conclusion one only has to read the bible, no extra sources are necessary.
If we turn the bible on page one we will find two completely different descriptions of the same event - creation of earth.
In these descriptions order in which various things were created is completely different.

the first account is the chronological account of the events of creation of the physical earth & living creatures on it...its general.

but the 2nd account is about the creation specifically of Mankind.