• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden steals Harris's faux thunder

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I also heard that many of the jobs added were government jobs.
Typically involving municipal unions.

No private money, all taxpayer funded which does nothing at all for the benefit of the common middle class and poor.

wellwisher

The United States abandoned the use of GNP in 1991, adopting GDP as its measure to compare itself with other economies. So i doubt you hears anything at all.

The main difference is that GDP measures productivity within a country's geographical boundaries and GNP records economic activity by that country's citizens and businesses, regardless of location. Although GDP tends to be the more popular of the two, their values tend to be about equal.

This change to GDP was about Government gaming the system, ignoring all the US businesses that fled overseas, to avoid DNC taxes and regulations. If Apple decided to build iPhone's in China or Viet Nam, that will show up on the GNP, but can be ignored in the GDP.

I tend to use the more old fashion honest standard, which is not a useful for DNC cover. It creates an inconvenient subset.

Government also games the calculation for inflation. Food and energy cost went up a lot but are not weighted enough to show the real inflation impact on the working class people. If all your pay was going to higher food and energy prices, and you cannot afford a new TV, the TV's prices will not rise as fast, due to low demand and higher supply. The poor family based on CPI (consumer price index) weight will say 7% but to them it can be 30% inflation, based their overall higher cost of their basic needs not weighed for their reality. The cannot afford the other 80%.

CPI Categories by Weight
GroupWeight
Food13.4%
Energy6.9%
All Items Less Food & Energy79.6%
Total100
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics

There was also a comment made by Trump about Biden and Harris using FEMA to fund illegal immigrants. The quote below is from Karine Jean Pierre the Biden Whitehouse Spokesman in September 16, 2022.

"FEMA Regional Administrators have been meeting with city officials on site to coordinate – to coordinate available federal support from FEMA and other federal agencies," Jean-Pierre told reporters at a Sept. 16, 2022, press conference.

"Funding is also available through FEMA’s Emergency Food and Shelter program to eligible local governments and not-for-profit organizations upon request to support humanitarian relief for migrants," she added.

FEMA has a pool of funds explicitly used for natural disasters, while Congress called on FEMA in 2022 to disseminate funds from Customs and Border Protection to assist American communities affected by the immigration crisis.

Speaker of the House Mike Johnson addressed claims that the Biden administration diverted Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) funds to immigration efforts, saying the pools of funds are "different," but that he understands why Americans are "frustrated."

"The streams of funding are different, that is not an untrue statement, of course," Johnson, R-La., told Fox News’ Shannon Bream on "Fox News Sunday." "But the problem is with the American people, see, and what they're frustrated by, is that FEMA should be involved. The Federal Emergency Management Agency, their mission is to help people in times like this of natural disaster. Not to be engaged in using any pool of funding from any account for resettling illegal aliens who have come across the border. That's what the Biden administration, Kamala Harris and Secretary Mayorkas have been engaged in."

One more scam loophole by Biden and Harris. Biden and Harris admitted this in 2022 ,when Texas started to ship illegal immigrant to Democrat run states. That raping of the FEMA fund has not stopped, other than playing a shuffle game.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Typically involving municipal unions.

No private money, all taxpayer funded which does nothing at all for the benefit of the common middle class and poor.

Brother, I do not know where you live, but out here in rural Pennsylvania, it is precicesly the poor and lower-middle class that benefit from government jobs. Teachers, police, firefighters, postal workers, department ot transportation (road crews), code enforcement, and so on.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One more scam loophole by Biden and Harris. Biden and Harris admitted this in 2022 ,when Texas started to ship illegal immigrant to Democrat run states. That raping of the FEMA fund has not stopped, other than playing a shuffle game.
It's a popular scam to raid FEMA funds for other uses.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
President Biden held his first press conference at the exact same time the Harris campaign had staged a rally to spike the ball; take credit, for delaying the dock workers strike, until after inauguration time. President Biden was actually the one who helped to divert the strike and he was taking credit. Fake news had to switch to Biden's unscheduled press conference, which left the Harris's rally in media darkness on all the fake news stations.

Biden confirmed that he and Harris were politically intertwined, and on the same policy page, undermining the new fake news narrative that Harris was a new and improved Harris, in terms of her new more conservative policy. It appears Biden is getting his revenge and has become a unique October surprise. This is not good for the Democrats. The media even fawn over Biden, since that is the first open White House press conference in a long time, since Harris has been advised to not make such appearances. Biden took a lot of questions, but the media still avoided the lack of and the fumbling of the DNC controlled FEMA aid to the hurricane victims.

Joe Biden surprises reporters with first-ever press briefing appearance
Wait a minute, why is "fake news" reporting real news?
What is going on here???!!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Who cares? Is it interfering with aid relief?
All I know is that a few years ago I lost my roof in a hurricane and I was without power for days and days. FEMA kept sending me stuff so I applied for FEMA relief. Long story short, I had to go through the entire FEMA process, which took over an hour. I had to look stuff up, etc. Just to find out that I did not qualify for a bit of FEMA aid. Not one iota. You'd think they could tell you that on the front end but no, I had to go through the entire process. It was a joke, but not a funny one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All I know is that a few years ago I lost my roof in a hurricane and I was without power for days and days. FEMA kept sending me stuff so I applied for FEMA relief. Long story short, I had to go through the entire FEMA process, which took over an hour. I had to look stuff up, etc. Just to find out that I did not qualify for a bit of FEMA aid. Not one iota. You'd think they could tell you that on the front end but no, I had to go through the entire process. It was a joke, but not a funny one.
FEMA...the compassion & efficiency of the IRS.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Your are spreading disinformation. Trump was the first political leader there and brought $millions from private donations. The problem with the FEMA response is they have the people, nearby, but no leadership, so nothing is getting done. One more DEI screwup. Like in Hawaii, the FEMA boneheads took over a lot of local hotel and motel space, so now the displaced residents, without homes, had no local place to go for temporary shelter. It is private volunteers who are tending to the worse stricken places. This response was another unprepared DNC malicious blunder.

The worse is Mayorkas, who is head of FEMA, says there is not enough money for the hurricane season, since he spend that money on illegal immigrants, even though it was set aside for US citizens in natural disasters.

I also heard that 40,000 mail in ballots were sent out to that area in North Carolina and only about 1000 ballots have been accounted for. Is this DNC election interference and a Harris punishment to the unfaithful. Democrats are malicious that way. That area most effect is Trump country, which explain the half hearted effort and lack of honest media coverage and coverup. NC is a swing state.
No, you are spreading disinformation. Constantly.

Stop trying to blame everything on "illegal immigrants" and "DEI hires" (aka minorities and people of colour). It's gross and inaccurate.

"Republican nominee and former President Donald Trump claimed that FEMA's financial troubles were due to the agency using its budget to help undocumented immigrants, telling rallygoers on Thursday that "Kamala spent all her FEMA money—billions of dollars—on housing for illegal migrants."

FEMA has responded to the statement, with acting director of the agency's Office of Response and Recovery saying: "FEMA absolutely has enough money for Helene response right now," and FEMA administrator Deanne Criswell calling Trump's claim "frankly ridiculous, and just plain false."

However, the White House has acknowledged that, while FEMA has sufficient funds "for the immediate emergency response phase," Congress may need to approve additional funding once the full scale of recovery efforts have been assessed.

Hurricane Helene's disaster relief effort is at an early stage and so total funding can still rise beyond the current figures, but here Newsweek compares the response thus far to three other catastrophic American storms."

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Brother, I do not know where you live, but out here in rural Pennsylvania, it is precicesly the poor and lower-middle class that benefit from government jobs. Teachers, police, firefighters, postal workers, department ot transportation (road crews), code enforcement, and so on.
All the while they pay for their own jobs out of taxpayers money for which they fork a portion right back to the government.

Not my idea of benefitting.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I'm sorry to hear that but this is completely unrelated to my question.

I don't think having to fill out paperwork that took an hour is a lot to ask. How would the people at the front lines know whether you personally qualify or not?

Kathryn

I'm sorry to hear that but this is completely unrelated to my question.

I don't think having to fill out paperwork that took an hour is a lot to ask. How would the people at the front lines know whether you personally qualify or not?
No one helped me. And I said over an hour, not simply an hour.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
All the while they pay for their own jobs out of taxpayers money for which they fork a portion right back to the government.

Not my idea of benefitting.

How else would my rural brothers and sisters survive? Move away, sure, but that would the death of these communities.

Kathryn

This was all in response to my question, "Who cares? Is it interfering with aid relief?" when you pointed out that Biden forgot the name of the storm or something.

:shrug:
I think he forgot there WAS a storm which is pertinent.