• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden steals Harris's faux thunder

wellwisher

President Biden held his first press conference at the exact same time the Harris campaign had staged a rally to spike the ball; take credit, for delaying the dock workers strike, until after inauguration time. President Biden was actually the one who helped to divert the strike and he was taking credit. Fake news had to switch to Biden's unscheduled press conference, which left the Harris's rally in media darkness on all the fake news stations.

Biden confirmed that he and Harris were politically intertwined, and on the same policy page, undermining the new fake news narrative that Harris was a new and improved Harris, in terms of her new more conservative policy. It appears Biden is getting his revenge and has become a unique October surprise. This is not good for the Democrats. The media even fawn over Biden, since that is the first open White House press conference in a long time, since Harris has been advised to not make such appearances. Biden took a lot of questions, but the media still avoided the lack of and the fumbling of the DNC controlled FEMA aid to the hurricane victims.

Joe Biden surprises reporters with first-ever press briefing appearance

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
President Biden held his first press conference at the exact same time the Harris campaign had staged a rally to spike the ball; take credit, for delaying the dock workers strike, until after inauguration time. President Biden was actually the one who helped to divert the strike and he was taking credit. Fake news had to switch to Biden's unscheduled press conference, which left the Harris's rally in media darkness on all the fake news stations.

Biden confirmed that he and Harris were politically intertwined, and on the same policy page, undermining the new fake news narrative that Harris was a new and improved Harris, in terms of her new more conservative policy. It appears Biden is getting his revenge and has become a unique October surprise. This is not good for the Democrats. The media even fawn over Biden, since that is the first open White House press conference in a long time, since Harris has been advised to not make such appearances. Biden took a lot of questions, but the media still avoided the lack of and the fumbling of the DNC controlled FEMA aid to the hurricane victims.

I saw press coverage on both of them doing their duty for Americans. The dock workers are back to work averting a serious economic impact. FEMA is doing its job delivering aid to even the most remote citizens affected by the storm. Even republican mayors and governors are pleased with the aid they are getting from FEMA and have asked right wing media to stop lying about the recovery effort. It's a shame that right wing media can't help support the recovery effort by lying about it. Why don't they try to help instead?

Where's Trump?

He's in a fake AI generated picture of him wading through flood water in a suit delivering a roll of paper towels. MAGAs are so upset that social media are removing this fake photo as they must have been the ones fooled by this joke. MAGAs continue to be completely irresposible as citizens at a time when we should be supprting our fellow citizens who are suffering from a massive storm. This will hurt Trump.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I saw press coverage on both of them doing their duty for Americans. The dock workers are back to work averting a serious economic impact. FEMA is doing its job delivering aid to even the most remote citizens affected by the storm. Even republican mayors and governors are pleased with the aid they are getting from FEMA and have asked right wing media to stop lying about the recovery effort. It's a shame that right wing media can't help support the recovery effort by lying about it. Why don't they try to help instead?

Where's Trump?

He's in a fake AI generated picture of him wading through flood water in a suit delivering a roll of paper towels. MAGAs are so upset that social media are removing this fake photo as they must have been the ones fooled by this joke. MAGAs continue to be completely irresposible as citizens at a time when we should be supprting our fellow citizens who are suffering from a massive storm. This will hurt Trump.
Actually, I believe that Trump was in Georgia most of Friday.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Don't know how you do it............if I spin that hard, I get dizzy.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Actually, I believe that Trump was in Georgia most of Friday.
After the governors asked the candidates to stay away to not interfere with the recovery. He defied the request, and had nothing to offer. The guy has no authority to do anything. All he was after is getting media attention regardless of the harm it caused. The criminal candidate can't even respect the wishes of his fellow republicans.

Even Vance stayed away, along with Harris and Walz. Biden did do a flight in Marine 1 to view some of the damaged area.

It's clear that Trump is not fit to be president. Thanks to @wellwisher for exposing Trump's continued interferance with governance and duty.

Kathryn

After the governors asked the candidates to stay away to not interfere with the recovery. He defied the request, and had nothing to offer. The guy has no authority to do anything. All he was after is getting media attention regardless of the harm it caused. The criminal candidate can't even respect the wishes of his fellow republicans.

Even Vance stayed away, along with Harris and Walz. Biden did do a flight in Marine 1 to view some of the damaged area.

It's clear that Trump is not fit to be president. Thanks to @wellwisher for exposing Trump's continued interferance with governance and duty.
I guess we see things differently. Surprise, surprise!

Biden of "what storm" fame, I guess.

wellwisher

Where's Trump?

Your are spreading disinformation. Trump was the first political leader there and brought $millions from private donations. The problem with the FEMA response is they have the people, nearby, but no leadership, so nothing is getting done. One more DEI screwup. Like in Hawaii, the FEMA boneheads took over a lot of local hotel and motel space, so now the displaced residents, without homes, had no local place to go for temporary shelter. It is private volunteers who are tending to the worse stricken places. This response was another unprepared DNC malicious blunder.

The worse is Mayorkas, who is head of FEMA, says there is not enough money for the hurricane season, since he spend that money on illegal immigrants, even though it was set aside for US citizens in natural disasters.

I also heard that 40,000 mail in ballots were sent out to that area in North Carolina and only about 1000 ballots have been accounted for. Is this DNC election interference and a Harris punishment to the unfaithful. Democrats are malicious that way. That area most effect is Trump country, which explain the half hearted effort and lack of honest media coverage and coverup. NC is a swing state.

Kathryn

I tried to apply for FEMA aid when I lost my roof to a hurricane. I had to go through an entire questionnaire, and look up all sorts of stuff, and it took me HOURS and only after I was completed did I find out that I wasn't even eligible for FEMA help.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Your are spreading disinformation. Trump was the first political leader there and brought $millions from private donations. The problem with the FEMA response is they have the people, nearby, but no leadership, so nothing is getting done. One more DEI screwup. Like in Hawaii, the FEMA boneheads took over a lot of local hotel and motel space, so now the displaced residents, without homes, had no local place to go for temporary shelter. It is private volunteers who are tending to the worse stricken places. This response was another unprepared DNC malicious blunder.

The worse is Mayorkas, who is head of FEMA, says there is not enough money for the hurricane season, since he spend that money on illegal immigrants, even though it was set aside for US citizens in natural disasters.

I also heard that 40,000 mail in ballots were sent out to that area in North Carolina and only about 1000 ballots have been accounted for. Is this DNC election interference and a Harris punishment to the unfaithful. Democrats are malicious that way. That area most effect is Trump country, which explain the half hearted effort and lack of honest media coverage and coverup. NC is a swing state.
Speaking of spreading disinformation!!

One myth amplified in the last few days suggests Fema is out of money because it has spent money on migrants instead, a claim that Trump and many of his allies have amplified. The story was on the cover of the New York Post.
Fema is not out of money – yet. The homeland security secretary, Alejandro Mayorkas, did say earlier this week that the agency, confronting an increase in extreme weather events due to the climate crisis, will not have enough money for the remainder of the hurricane season, he said “we are meeting the immediate needs with the money that we have” for Helene.
The migrant claim, however, is unrelated to Fema’s budget concerns. A separate fund, the Shelter and Services Program, administered by Fema per Congress’s directive, provides reimbursements to local governments as they deal with increased costs associated with an influx of migrants, Reichlin-Melnick said. It does not take money from disaster response. This fund started in 2019 under Trump’s administration.
Reichlin-Melnick said this was an “utterly false claim” that had taken off in the past few days “because we are in a time of conspiratorial thinking, and migrants are the enemy for many on the right”.
And for the record, Trump didn't "bring millions," (though Ivanka did contribute). He started a GoFundMe page -- so once again, using other people's money to bring praise to himself. Disgusting!

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I tried to apply for FEMA aid when I lost my roof to a hurricane. I had to go through an entire questionnaire, and look up all sorts of stuff, and it took me HOURS and only after I was completed did I find out that I wasn't even eligible for FEMA help.
Really? I didn't have too many issues with it, although I was disappointed in the amount for payout. FEMA had people on scene to help us with the paperwork back in 2021 (once it w as a declared an actual emergency, that was more difficult).

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
And for the record, Trump didn't "bring millions," (though Ivanka did contribute). He started a GoFundMe page -- so once again, using other people's money to bring praise to himself. Disgusting!

MAGA are literally flooding the zone with ****, just like Bannon told them to. The lies come so fast and furious that it's hard to keep up and exhausting to refute and correct. There are MAGA who know they're lying, and do it with purpose - the Stephen Millers, the Steve Bannons, the useful idiots like Elon Musk - and there are MAGA who don't know they're spreading lies, they believe them wholeheartedly because Trump/Tech bros/podcasters and social media told them so. We're in a post-truth world.​
MAGA Republicans are now lying about the federal response to Hurricane Helene in much the same way they lied about Haitian migrants bringing chaos and disease to Springfield, Ohio. Both disinformation efforts are flat-out lies, and both are designed to demonize immigrants. Immigration was the issue Trump was so eager to run on that he demanded Republican lawmakers reject the strong border bill a bipartisan group of lawmakers had hammered out.​
The federal response to Hurricane Helene has drawn bipartisan praise, with Republican governor Henry McMaster of South Carolina thanking Biden by name for what McMaster called a “superb” response.​
But on Sunday, September 29, two days after the hurricane hit, the right-wing organization started by anti-immigrant Trump loyalist Stephen Miller posted: “Billions for Ukraine. Billions for illegal aliens. And what for the Americans? Reprogram every single dollar that FEMA has dedicated to support illegal aliens to go towards Americans who are facing unprecedented devastation!”​
Yesterday, in Saginaw, Michigan, Trump echoed Miller, claiming that the Biden administration is botching the hurricane response because it has spent all the money appropriated for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on “illegal immigrants.” “They spent it all on illegal migrants.… They stole the FEMA money just like they stole it from a bank, so they could give it to their illegal immigrants that they want to have vote for them,” he said. Today, he claimed that “a billion dollars was stolen from FEMA to use it for illegal migrants, many of whom are criminals, to come into our country.”​
Early this morning, X owner Elon Musk posted to his more than 200 million followers: “Yes, they are literally using YOUR tax dollars to import voters and disenfranchise you! It is happening right in front of your eyes. And FEMA used up its budget ferrying illegals into the country instead of saving American lives. Treason.” On Wednesday, Dana Mattioli, Joe Palazzolo, and Khadeeja Safdar of the Wall Street Journal broke the story that Musk has been financing groups with ties to Miller since 2022.​
But of course, it is NOT happening in front of anyone’s eyes.​
On Wednesday, Alejandro Mayorkas, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security in which FEMA is housed, told reporters that FEMA’s disaster relief fund is adequately funded for current needs. But, he warned, “extreme weather events are increasing in frequency and severity,” and we are not yet out of hurricane season. If another emergency hits, FEMA’s disaster relief fund will be stretched thin.​
Congress also appropriated money for a different fund, the Shelter and Services Program (SSP), which is part of Customs and Border Protection but is administered by FEMA. Established under the Trump administration in 2019, SSP gives grants to states and local governments to provide shelter, food, and transportation to undocumented immigrants. After Trump’s accusation, the Department of Homeland Security said in a statement: “These claims are completely false. As Secretary Mayorkas said, FEMA has the necessary resources to meet the immediate needs associated with Hurricane Helene and other disasters. The Shelter and Services Program (SSP) is a completely separate, appropriated grant program that was authorized and funded by Congress and is not associated in any way with FEMA’s disaster-related authorities or funding streams.”​
Glenn Kessler of the Washington Post did not leave the story there. “Trump has a habit of assuming other politicians act in the same way as he would,” Kessler wrote. So he looked into why Trump would have accused Biden “of raiding the FEMA disaster fund to handle undocumented migrants. It turns out that’s because he did this.”​
In the middle of hurricane season in 2019, Kessler explains, Trump took $155 million from the FEMA disaster fund and redirected it to pay for detention space and temporary hearing locations for immigrants seeking asylum. “No, Biden didn’t take FEMA relief money to use on migrants,” the article title reads, “but Trump did.”​
As in Springfield, a bipartisan group of lawmakers are begging MAGAs to stop the disinformation, which is keeping people from accessing the help they need and gumming up relief efforts as workers and local and state governments, as well as FEMA, have to waste time combating lies. Scammers and political extremists are making things worse by spreading AI-generated images and claiming that the federal government is ignoring the people and emergencies the images depict.​
MAGA Republicans launched another major disinformation campaign today when the Bureau of Labor Statistics released another blockbuster jobs report. It showed that the country added about 254,000 jobs in September, far higher than the 140,000 jobs economists expected. It also revised the job numbers for July and August upward. The unemployment rate dropped from 4.2% in August to 4.1%, and wages have outpaced inflation.​
Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody’s Analytics, wrote that the jobs report “cements my view that the economy is about as good as it gets. The economy is creating lots of jobs across many industries, consistent with robust labor force growth, and thus low and stable unemployment. The economy is at full-employment, no more and no less. Wage growth is strong, and given big productivity gains, it is consistent with low and stable inflation. One couldn’t paint a prettier picture of the job market and broader economy.”​
Yet MAGA Republicans deny that the economy is strong. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) openly called the jobs report fake. And when a reporter asked Trump, “Jobs are up, the stock market hit that all-time high. Do you acknowledge that the economy is improving?” he answered: “No it’s not.”​
But, apparently stung, this afternoon Trump posted on his social media site what appeared to be an announcement. After an emoji of a flashing red light, a headline read, “New: Jamie Dimon, the CEO of JPMorgan Chase, has endorsed Trump for President.” A representative for Dimon instantly denied such an endorsement, saying it is false. According to a spokesperson for JP Morgan, Dimon has neither contributed money nor endorsed Trump, or anyone else, in the 2024 presidential race. But Trump has not taken the post down.​
Hugo Lowell of The Guardian notes that Trump has admired Dimon for a long time and likely craves his support. Trump has been unable to attract major endorsements, while celebrities throw their influence behind Harris and Minnesota governor Tim Walz almost daily. Yesterday, musician Bruce Springsteen endorsed Harris. Today, businessman and former Los Angeles Lakers basketball player Earvin "Magic" Johnson Jr. endorsed her.​
The firehose of lies is designed to make it impossible for voters to figure out the truth. The technique is designed so that eventually voters give up trying to engage, conclude everyone is lying, throw up their hands, and stop voting. Holding on to facts combats the effects of the storm of lies.​
Finally, tonight, the X account of Trump’s team and the Republican National Committee—now run by the Trump family and loyalists—showed a clip of Biden unexpectedly entering the White House briefing room today, joking with reporters, and saying, “Welcome to the swimming pool.” Referring to “Biden (or whatever’s left of him),” the post suggested his “swimming pool” reference was a sign of mental incapacity.​
In fact, the briefing room was indeed originally a swimming pool. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt added the pool to the White House in 1933 after he found swimming helped to keep him in shape after his 1921 bout with polio. Presidents Harry Truman, John F. Kennedy (who had a mural by Bernard Lamotte installed around it), and Lyndon B. Johnson used the pool frequently. Richard Nixon did not. In 1970, Nixon had the pool covered and the space converted into the White House Press Room.​
Nixon ordered the change made in such a way that it could be easily undone in case he got pushback for covering up FDR’s pool, but his successor, Gerald Ford, who was an avid swimmer, largely ended the conversation when he added a new outdoor pool to the White House complex in 1975.​
Biden’s reference to the press room as a swimming pool was a historical joke rather than a sign of mental incapacity. This lie deserves the same scrutiny as the other whoppers from today, though, because as Glenn Kessler accurately observed, Trump’s common pattern is projection.​

Kathryn

Really? I didn't have too many issues with it, although I was disappointed in the amount for payout. FEMA had people on scene to help us with the paperwork back in 2021 (once it w as a declared an actual emergency, that was more difficult).
I was very disappointed that I did not even qualify but had to go through all that paperwork anyway. There was no one to help me out in any way.

Argentbear

Your are spreading disinformation.

1728156132619.jpeg

wellwisher

MAGA Republicans launched another major disinformation campaign today when the Bureau of Labor Statistics released another blockbuster jobs report. It showed that the country added about 254,000 jobs in September, far higher than the 140,000 jobs economists expected. It also revised the job numbers for July and August upward. The unemployment rate dropped from 4.2% in August to 4.1%, and wages have outpaced inflation.
I heard that number, but I also heard many of those jobs were Government jobs, which gives a -20% GNP rate of return due to having to borrow and pay interest for those jobs.

As far as hurricane relief and the botched response, NOAA predicts the hurricane season each year to help with the allocation of FEMA funds, and for 2024 they predicted a slightly above normal season. FEMA's budget for 2024 would reflect this.

The 2024 hurricane season has brought nine named storms so far as of Thursday. According to climatology, 10 named storms usually form by Sept. 22, bringing this season slightly behind schedule as far as numbers go.

We are behind schedule, so FEMA should have extra money, and not need more money. Where did the extra money go? Use some critical thinking and stop depending on the DNC crooks covering up the facts.

I heard a person describe the various responses by the Biden Government, from the Secret Service botches, dealing with immigration, FEMA, an FBI that thinks it is above the law, and the amount of debt needed to sustain this bloated and unorganized Government work force. She said it is like a grossly overweight person who gets so heavy, they cannot leave couch, to get anything done. They just keep feeding on taxers and debt. A smaller better qualified Government will be far more mobile. When there is such a large chain of command, mostly there for lateral careers paths and not for service, there is too much foot dragging to avoid decisions, that might jeopardize ambitions and company politics. DEI added another layer of company politics to decide first, now having to add unqualified people to meet a political agenda for promotions.

The FEMA response did bring in rank and file people, but there was no leadership to direct them and people at that level on the chain cannot just work without orders; Union rules. Most of the work done in North Carolina, which had the worst death tolls, had to come from volunteers. Money is wasted spinning governments wheels in the mud. If elected, Trump has said he will assign Elon Musk to be his efficiency expert, to streamline the Government processes. Biden and Harris have not fired anyone, so where is the incentive to do anything that poses a career risk? The moron who create the bottlenecks, are left to do it again.

One evil bonehead move by the DNC, that made everything worse, was Elon Musk had bid on and got the job, to use his SkyLink internet service to wire remote places of the USA, such as in the mountains and foothills of North Carolina and Georgia effect by the storm. This was part of the Infrastructure Bill. Biden and Harris renege on his legal contract, since Musk bought Twitter, now X, and would not follow orders and censor the RNC and Trump and run cover. Instead it did the opposite and exposed the truth; financial law fare.

After the storm, Elon Musk offered to come in and hook this area to his satellite network, since everything was down. That was refused by the DNC regime. With the DNC, political spite, and fear of losing the limelight, comes before service and aid even in emergencies. Trump called Musk and asked if he could help, and Elon Musk as a private citizen, sent the resources and his people, to hookup provide free services until these people are on their feet.

The DNC are not just liars, but they are vindictive, and will stick it to even innocent people, if they do not drink their kool-aid. The most harmed citizen from hurricane Helene, were in Trump Country, which explains the lack luster and vindictive response. The DNC is not just incompetent but they have this vicious and vindictive side.

All and all, these RNC missteps and vindictiveness is adding up and Trump is starting this October surge. Biden tying Harris to his/their policies gave Trump the perfect campaign ad. He can show Harris and Fake news lying and promoting the new Harris, while side-by side Biden refutes their latest lies. Trump can show the pain and suffering caused by lying DNC and all their disinformation minions. The ad can finish by Trump Saying, I am Donals Trump and I support the candor of Biden who was stabbed in the back by his own people.

Argentbear

I heard that number, but I also heard many of those jobs were Government jobs, which gives a -20% GNP rate of return due to having to borrow and pay interest for those jobs.
The United States abandoned the use of GNP in 1991, adopting GDP as its measure to compare itself with other economies. So i doubt you hears anything at all.

Kathryn

The United States abandoned the use of GNP in 1991, adopting GDP as its measure to compare itself with other economies. So i doubt you hears anything at all.
I also heard that many of the jobs added were government jobs.