• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden-Trump Debate

Will you be watching the Biden-Trump debate?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I don't think anything can change my vote at this point. I'm going to watch just to see if the one I'm most likely voting for champion this debate.

And, hopefully, get to see the other implode and crumble, with fingers crossed.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I should, but I just can't. I tend to consider it a civic duty to watch things like the State of the Union and Presidential debates during election cycles. But I just can't. Clinton's recent warning explains why:

"It is a waste of time to try to refute Mr. Trump’s arguments like in a normal debate. It’s nearly impossible to identify what his arguments even are. He starts with nonsense and then digresses into blather. This has gotten only worse in the years since we debated. I was not surprised that after a recent meeting, several chief executives said that Mr. Trump, as one journalist described it, “could not keep a straight thought” and was “all over the map.” Yet expectations for him are so low that if he doesn’t literally light himself on fire on Thursday evening, some will say he was downright presidential."​

In short, it won't be a debate. I like watching debates, but this will not be a debate. And while I wouldn't have to watch that monster doing the creepy sexual predator stalker routine on Biden since he's a man, I still remember that moment from Clinton's debate. How anyone - especially women - can vote for a convicted rapist is just... what.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I should, but I just can't. I tend to consider it a civic duty to watch things like the State of the Union and Presidential debates during election cycles. But I just can't. Clinton's recent warning explains why:

"It is a waste of time to try to refute Mr. Trump’s arguments like in a normal debate. It’s nearly impossible to identify what his arguments even are. He starts with nonsense and then digresses into blather. This has gotten only worse in the years since we debated. I was not surprised that after a recent meeting, several chief executives said that Mr. Trump, as one journalist described it, “could not keep a straight thought” and was “all over the map.” Yet expectations for him are so low that if he doesn’t literally light himself on fire on Thursday evening, some will say he was downright presidential."​

In short, it won't be a debate. I like watching debates, but this will not be a debate. And while I wouldn't have to watch that monster doing the creepy sexual predator stalker routine on Biden since he's a man, I still remember that moment from Clinton's debate. How anyone - especially women - can vote for a convicted rapist is just... what.
But they are trying to hold this one with tighter reins. No audience and the moderators control the mics to coincide with the clock. It might just be worth the watch. I hadn't planned on watching until I saw the changes agreed to by both parties. I don't get CNN, so my fingers are crossed that Scripps or PBS will air.