• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden-Trump Debate

Will you be watching the Biden-Trump debate?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Well I certainly appreciated the no audience and silent mics! But otherwise it was as expected. The change in atmosphere did let the real "men" come through.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
1) It won't influence my vote, which remains for NEITHER.
2) Not a single person is happy with Biden's performance. Not a one.
3) I can't stand Trump but I think Biden is a panic maker so ugh.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
FB_IMG_1719544675764.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
1) It won't influence my vote, which remains for NEITHER.
2) Not a single person is happy with Biden's performance. Not a one.
3) I can't stand Trump but I think Biden is a panic maker so ugh.
I hate to agree with you. But I do. Except that I was willing to vote for Biden since he is more of the boss steering the ship. He is not the one coming up with all of the policy. He just makes sure that it stays on course Trump is the maniac that will run the ship onto the beach and then blame everyone else.

Tell me, how do you feel about Kamal Harris?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well I have to say the debate went better than I expected and agree the muted mics and no audience was an excellent idea.

Unfortunately however I don't think the debate had much substance to it other than what people already know, and of course as expected , most of it revolved around how bad each opponent was toward the other more than what was said what they would do if in office which is unfortunate because people want to see a plan in action, not how bad my opponent is.

Additionally , I would love to see a televised Trump and Biden golf match, to address their physical and cognitive abilities.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I hate to agree with you. But I do. Except that I was willing to vote for Biden since he is more of the boss steering the ship. He is not the one coming up with all of the policy. He just makes sure that it stays on course Trump is the maniac that will run the ship onto the beach and then blame everyone else.

It really is about continuing the current agenda for four more years, or gambling on a "new" Trump course. Remember, he'd have to pick a whole new cabinet and think how long that took last time when he had friends and family who were willing to help out? He may decide this time that he doesn't need advisors, secretaries, and such.

wellwisher

I watched the debate. Trump has grown and was perfectly obliging to the rules. He politely remained quiet, while President Biden spoke and vice versa. Once it was Trump's turn to speak came, he was more classic Trump, pointing out the missteps of the Biden administration from wars, to immigration and inflation.

The CNN commentators were quite good this time around and were very polite to both men, not just trying to get Trump, like in the past. The moderators did bail out Biden once or twice, during some senior moments, which I found to be OK. Everyone sort of felt sorry for Biden, since he did OK, but he was no longer the man he used to be. The job as President may be too much for him. Time to retire.

The debate showed that Trump was more on the ball, as the future leader of the free world. Biden appeared to be too scripted and too easy for others to take advantage of him, which may account for his deviation from his own philosophy. Trump is still a no nonsense guy, that foreign leaders and business leaders cooperate with, and not dare push around.

During Trump's first term, he was not prepared for all the sabotage by the swamp and DNC. This time he will be better prepared. The first time, Trump assumed there would be a smooth transition of power, due him winning fair and square. But the swamp had other plans, giving him bad advice and setting up road blocks and pot holes, like the time consuming Russian collusion scam and swamp insurrection. Trump, as the commander and chief, should never have had to put up with insubordination from subordinates in the FBI and CIA. He should have called in the firing squad to deal with that insubordination among the commander and chief's troops. These past problems will be addressed.

I read that Trump already has all the Executive branch appointments in place. There are thousands to positions to fill. The first time, he delayed and this resulted in the swamp and DNC sending in their DEI saboteurs, to undermine his administration. This time he will be ready and on the offense, pulling out the weeds by the roots, while leaving the good plants more room to grow.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
At this point, barely anyone has a reason to watch or comment that debate beyond a craving for confirmation of our own biases, hopes and fears.

Whatever convinced Trump supporters isn't vulnerable to debate. And being the alternative to Trump makes Biden supporters solidly firm.

I will say that it is scary how Biden is resembling Trump now. I hope and somewhat expect that Biden won't be the Democrat candidate after all. And that would/will probably be a very good thing.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I haven't watched it in full. But me and some buddies saw some highlights.
We think it's a bit depressing for the american people these two poeple are the ones they basically have too choose between to be president of their country.

Extra depressing that it's one of the most, if not the most, influential powerhouses on the planet meaning that whatever happens there, pretty much affects the whole world.

A narcistic pathological lying old maniac who glorifies dictators and would love be the US' version of Putin and Xi Jinping, versus a nearly demented old man that really should spend his days playing bingo at some retirement resort in Florida.

The world is fugged.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

I don't care for her.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
A narcistic pathological lying old maniac who glorifies dictators and would love be the US' version of Putin and Xi Jinping, versus a nearly demented old man that really should spend his days playing bingo at some retirement resort in Florida.

I could go on at length about Biden's abject failure last night, but to characterize him as "nearly demented" is beneath contempt, the only possible excuse being that you know little or nothing about Biden's accomplishments and absolutely nothing about dementia.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I could go on at length about Biden's abject failure last night, but to characterize him as "nearly demented" is beneath contempt, the only possible excuse being that you know little or nothing about Biden's accomplishments and absolutely nothing about dementia.
It's a figure of speech meaning that he's so old that he easily confuses, tire.. and stuff and has to slow it down.
He doesn't strike me as someone who is a strong leader at this point. Work-wise, he looks like a man who's way past his expiration date on the job market, let alone to be a president.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It's a figure of speech meaning that he's so old that he easily confuses, tire.. and stuff and has to slow it down.
^ creative

Demented is an adjective describing behavior that is crazy, unhinged, or insane. Someone is demented when they have gone off the deep end.

Demented literally means "suffering from dementia," although in current culture it is used quite often to tease a sibling or good friend: "My brother thinks I am demented because I like to eat peanut butter and salami sandwiches." [source]

PureX

Veteran Member
I feel that Kamala Harris would be far more appreciated if she were a white male from an industrial State.
I think the people that hate her because she's female would not have voted for a democrat anyway. The democrats should have been putting her out there the last few years for the people to get to know and respect her. I think the centrists would like her as she is very centrist. And they are probably going to be the deciding factor. But as usual, the democrats played it too timid, and stuck with Biden.