• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden-Trump Debate

Will you be watching the Biden-Trump debate?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think the case needs to be made on each candidate not a blanket statement that people won't vote for her because she is a black woman. Conservatives mostly liked Condoleezza Rice and Ben Carson. I was told many times that my opposition to Obama was race based when there was no evidence that it was. Hillary was a bad candidate and her policies were awful so I opposed her and the left told me I hated women. The left throws race and gender discrimination around too easily. Get evidence then accuse people that deserve to be accused.
I agree that Hillary was a bad candidate. A candidate has to be likeable. Her policies were sound it was just the packaging that no one could take. Kamala Harris is far more likeable. It is rather sad that who we vote for is often a popularity contest more than it is about sound policies.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Yet Hillary, uninspiring as she was, received
a majority of votes against Trump. So blaming
her failure to inspire voters on being female
rings hollow.

Gore - millions more votes than Bush the junior.

Hillary - millions more votes than the seditionist.

Montana - same number of senators as California.

Our system is a ducking joke.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I’m not an American but I wanted to watch it because I had a bet with my youngest son the day after Jan 6th that Trump would be be in prison within 3 months,I obviously lost,my son said that I don’t understand American justice or law,money decides the amount of justice one receives and a corrupt Supreme Court on Trumps side is always a going to help.

I thought it was fascinating really,i think sleeping Joe missed a lot of opportunities to put down a brazen liar felon and sex pest,what does it say about the large proportion of Americans ready to ignore those facts to vote for the orange peril?,a failure as a president,a moral slime ball.

Biden should have stepped down imo and someone like Swallwell as candidate would have destroyed Trump in no time,of course that’s just my opinion,good luck America.

Clizby Wampuscat

I agree that Hillary was a bad candidate. A candidate has to be likeable. Her policies were sound it was just the packaging that no one could take. Kamala Harris is far more likeable. It is rather sad that who we vote for is often a popularity contest more than it is about sound policies.
I disagree that Hillary's policies were sound. But that is another debate.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I’m not an American but I wanted to watch it because I had a bet with my youngest son the day after Jan 6th that Trump would be be in prison within 3 months,I obviously lost,my son said that I don’t understand American justice or law,money decides the amount of justice one receives and a corrupt Supreme Court on Trumps side is always a going to help.
The fact that the Supreme Court is on Trump's side is because Trump and Mitch McConnell broke every rule -- and then broke them the other way when convenient -- in the most hypocritical set of transactions I think I've ever seen in government. You (or your son) are certainly correct that money decides justice in far too many cases. That's pretty sad, really. And you are also correct that SCOTUS is taking sides -- and that's unconscionable in my mind. But Americans are so competetive, the only thing that often matters is winning. Doing so fairly or justly is of much less concern.
I thought it was fascinating really,i think sleeping Joe missed a lot of opportunities to put down a brazen liar felon and sex pest,what does it say about the large proportion of Americans ready to ignore those facts to vote for the orange peril?,a failure as a president,a moral slime ball.
It's true, Biden is an ageing gentleman. So am I. I am usually very articulate, but I have experienced exactly those moments where I lose a word, and that raises a bit of panic, and the panic causes a cascade that is called "an amygdala hijack." (An amygdala hijack occurs when any strong emotion — anger, fear, or even extreme excitement — impairs the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain in the frontal lobe that regulates rational thought. Research from 2016 suggests an inverse relationship between the amygdala and the prefrontal cortex.)

It is, if you've ever experienced one, extremely difficult to recover from. And it happens to most people, at one time or another -- especially under extremely stressful conditions. It resembles a panic attack like when you suddenly realize you can't remember whether you locked you dog in the hot car an hour and a half ago.
Biden should have stepped down imo and someone like Swallwell as candidate would have destroyed Trump in no time,of course that’s just my opinion,good luck America.
The Democrats have to nominate a candidate to carry the banner far enough before the election (which is constitutionally fixed) to be able to campaign. That really can't be after the end of August, or there'd simply be no time -- meaning they'd lose on a pure technicality. Not a wise choice if they believe (as I confess I do) that Trump is an existential threat to the nation itself. So, realistically, they have to find and vet somebody in just 8 weeks! In the United States! Do you really think there's anybody just now that has the name recognition to get there? Because -- once again -- if there isn't, the result is a Trump presidency and all that entails.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Unfortunately however I don't think the debate had much substance to it other than what people already know, and of course as expected , most of it revolved around how bad each opponent was toward the other more than what was said what they would do if in office which is unfortunate because people want to see a plan in action, not how bad my opponent is.
IMO, it wasn't even a debate.
It was two children trying to get the better burn on each.

Additionally , I would love to see a televised Trump and Biden golf match, to address their physical and cognitive abilities.
Since I have never had an interest in watching people play golf...

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Do you know how many black men she got sentenced to hard time for marijuana?

Perhaps you would tell us. Does the following help?

SAN FRANCISCO — Kamala Harris’ opponents and critics have picked apart her prosecution of marijuana crimes during her presidential run, knocking her for over-aggressive jailing of pot users and lambasting her as a hypocrite for saying she now supports legalizing the drug.​
But Harris’ history of prosecuting marijuana cases as San Francisco district attorney is more nuanced than those debate-stage confrontations indicate, according to new data obtained by the Bay Area News Group and interviews with more than a dozen former prosecutors, defense attorneys, criminal justice experts and activists who’ve been following her career.​
Harris oversaw more than 1,900 marijuana convictions in San Francisco, previously unreported records from the DA’s office show. Her prosecutors appear to have convicted people on marijuana charges at a higher rate than under her predecessor, based on data about marijuana arrests in the city.​
But former lawyers in Harris’ office and defense attorneys who worked on drug cases say most defendants arrested for low-level pot possession were never locked up. And only a few dozen people were sent to state prison for marijuana convictions under Harris’ tenure.​
“There is no way anyone could say that she was draconian in her pursuit of marijuana cases,” said Niki Solis, a high-ranking attorney in the San Francisco Public Defender’s office during Harris’ time as DA. [source]​

Was this what you were looking for?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Do you know how many black men she got sentenced to hard time for marijuana?

Hundreds, it was her claim to fame so you may want to think about running her.
It was dozens, if you read the article linked above. When you have 1,900 prosecutions and only a small percentage went to prison that odds were that those were dealers.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
It's true, Biden is an ageing gentleman. So am I. I am usually very articulate, but I have experienced exactly those moments where I lose a word, and that raises a bit of panic, and the panic causes a cascade that is called "an amygdala hijack." (An amygdala hijack occurs when any strong emotion — anger, fear, or even extreme excitement — impairs the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain in the frontal lobe that regulates rational thought. Research from 2016 suggests an inverse relationship between the amygdala and the prefrontal cortex.)

It is, if you've ever experienced one, extremely difficult to recover from. And it happens to most people, at one time or another -- especially under extremely stressful conditions. It resembles a panic attack like when you suddenly realize you can't remember whether you locked you dog in the hot car an hour and a half ago.
Thanks for sharing this.

@England my lionheart
On top of these very normal, though rarely witnessed on TV, variances in brainwave "signaling," Biden has his lifelong struggle with stuttering. That's where he gets his "Sleepy Joe" nickname. A momentary eye shut can often unscramble thoughts and is generally considered more polite than looking off to the side which my habit on similar occasions.

He did much better at his rally, today, though he'll never be the quick-wit we all grew to admire and enjoy over the decades of his career.

Tinkerpeach

Perhaps you would tell us. Does the following help?

SAN FRANCISCO — Kamala Harris’ opponents and critics have picked apart her prosecution of marijuana crimes during her presidential run, knocking her for over-aggressive jailing of pot users and lambasting her as a hypocrite for saying she now supports legalizing the drug.​
But Harris’ history of prosecuting marijuana cases as San Francisco district attorney is more nuanced than those debate-stage confrontations indicate, according to new data obtained by the Bay Area News Group and interviews with more than a dozen former prosecutors, defense attorneys, criminal justice experts and activists who’ve been following her career.​
Harris oversaw more than 1,900 marijuana convictions in San Francisco, previously unreported records from the DA’s office show. Her prosecutors appear to have convicted people on marijuana charges at a higher rate than under her predecessor, based on data about marijuana arrests in the city.​
But former lawyers in Harris’ office and defense attorneys who worked on drug cases say most defendants arrested for low-level pot possession were never locked up. And only a few dozen people were sent to state prison for marijuana convictions under Harris’ tenure.​
“There is no way anyone could say that she was draconian in her pursuit of marijuana cases,” said Niki Solis, a high-ranking attorney in the San Francisco Public Defender’s office during Harris’ time as DA. [source]​

Was this what you were looking for?
Spin from her co-worker?

No