• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden-Trump Debate

Will you be watching the Biden-Trump debate?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Clizby Wampuscat

Well I have to say the debate went better than I expected and agree the muted mics and no audience was an excellent idea.

Unfortunately however I don't think the debate had much substance to it other than what people already know, and of course as expected , most of it revolved around how bad each opponent was toward the other more than what was said what they would do if in office which is unfortunate because people want to see a plan in action, not how bad my opponent is.

Additionally , I would love to see a televised Trump and Biden golf match, to address their physical and cognitive abilities.
I was pleased with the moderators and how CNN did the debate. I expected the moderators to be more aggressive with Trump but they seemed pretty professional to me.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@Jayhawker Soule ,

I didn't watch. I heard about it. I'd like to know , if you don't mind sharing, how are you feeling about the election post-debate #1?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I think the people that hate her because she's female would not have voted for a democrat anyway. The democrats should have been putting her out there the last few years for the people to get to know and respect her. I think the centrists would like her as she is very centrist. And they are probably going to be the deciding factor. But as usual, the democrats played it too timid, and stuck with Biden.
She needs to put more effort into being genuine. She comes off as snobbish. The same issue many had with Hillary. Hillary has that "class valedictorian" air whereas Kamala is "Homecoming Queen" friendly.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
She needs to put more effort into being genuine. She comes off as snobbish. The same issue many had with Hillary. Hillary has that "class valedictorian" air whereas Kamala is "Homecoming Queen" friendly.

... "class valedictorian"? ... or exceptionally experienced and highly qualified woman?

Watchmen

Premium Member
I get racism and sexism exists, but what evidence do we have that Kamala Harris would be more appreciated if she weren’t a woman of color?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was pleased with the moderators and how CNN did the debate. I expected the moderators to be more aggressive with Trump but they seemed pretty professional to me.
That was actually a problem. Moderators can point out lies and falsehoods. If they had been active moderators it would have looked much worse for Trump. Of course a younger Biden would have been able to point out the endless lies of Trump.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I get racism and sexism exists, but what evidence do we have that Kamala Harris would be more appreciated if she weren’t a woman of color?
The history of mostly white men winning the Presidency. Half of the population are women. How many female Presidents have we had. We have had only one serious female candidate.

I am not for any sort of "affirmative action" when it comes to putting people in political office, but the number do tell a tale.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That is sadly true.
"True"?
No.
But a comforting belief that's plausible.
Note:
Many white male candidates from industrial states
have also failed to inspire voters to elect them to Prez.
Sometimes people just don't have the personality or
political savvy to make it in the tricky dog-eat-dog
world of electioneering.

I'm neither pro nor anti Harris.
But I'd much prefer her to Trump.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
No, I'm asking how you feel:

Encouraged <<<>>> Discouraged

Mostly, I am disappointed on the U.S. electorate.

Trump and Biden are known quantities. No responsible society would reelect the former, and yet that possibility seems increasingly likely. We should be better than this.

Clizby Wampuscat

That was actually a problem. Moderators can point out lies and falsehoods. If they had been active moderators it would have looked much worse for Trump. Of course a younger Biden would have been able to point out the endless lies of Trump.
So you think equal treatment of the candidates by the moderators was not ok? Biden told plenty of lies.

Clizby Wampuscat

The history of mostly white men winning the Presidency. Half of the population are women. How many female Presidents have we had. We have had only one serious female candidate.

I am not for any sort of "affirmative action" when it comes to putting people in political office, but the number do tell a tale.
I think the case needs to be made on each candidate not a blanket statement that people won't vote for her because she is a black woman. Conservatives mostly liked Condoleezza Rice and Ben Carson. I was told many times that my opposition to Obama was race based when there was no evidence that it was. Hillary was a bad candidate and her policies were awful so I opposed her and the left told me I hated women. The left throws race and gender discrimination around too easily. Get evidence then accuse people that deserve to be accused.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

Trump and Biden are known quantities. No responsible society would reelect the former, and yet that possibility seems increasingly likely. We should be better than this.

I can't argue with that. And that's something.

Good Shabbos, Jay

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

One thing I think we agreed on Jay awhile back was when the Forward Party came up.

What do you think happened with that?