• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden wants to spend $6 trillion

Friend of Mara

Spending that kind of money will increase deficits and put America into WWII levels of debt

Biden budget: President sets out $6tn spending plan

I wanted Biden to be President but you can't blame Trump for increasing deficits if Biden wants to do the same
I don't know of many people who were mad at the increased deficits by Trump on the democratic side. I've seen a ton of people angry at the hypocrisy of Republicans using that as a major talking point only to be some of the worst offenders.

Deficit spending can be great. It can also be nation ending. It all depends on what kinds of things the money goes to. If we go into debt bettering our infrastructure, education and revamping out health industry we see those dividends come back usually as a net gain. And even if it didn't if the quality of life of the citizens were made significantly better one could say it was worth it. Though if you empty the bank for dumb things that don't serve the people then I would see that as money wasted for not reason and then handing us the bill.

Suave

Simulated character
There's always a problem when someone uses a personal
definition that differs from dictionaries. But in this case, I
suspect that Biden is trying to mislead the public by
tricking us into believing its about fixing all the bad roads
& bridges, but it's more about other kinds of spending
that liberals have long wanted.
Rather than considering tax payer funded universal preschool to be liberal spending, please let us consider this as a worthwhile investment in the educational and social development of our societal future generations, this as well as being an essential public service to parents of toddlers whose parents would rather work a job other than the payless job of being an at home baby sitter. Also, there's no point in fixing roads and bridges if they are going to get wiped out by floods from climate change. Hence, we should consider investments in carbon free energy as being an investment in preserving our rebuilt infrastructure. Perhaps also, rather than considering tuition free college as liberal spending, please let us consider this as an investment in developing the job skills of our nation's next generation of workers to be competitive in the global economy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Rather than considering tax payer funded universal preschool to be liberal spending, please let us consider this as a worthwhile investment in the educational and social development of our societal future generations, this as well as being an essential public service to parents of toddlers whose parents would rather work a job other than the payless job of being an at home baby sitter. Also, there's no point in fixing roads and bridges if they are going to get wiped out by floods from climate change. Hence, we should consider investments in carbon free energy as being an investment in preserving our rebuilt infrastructure. Perhaps also, rather than considering tuition free college as liberal spending, please let us consider this as an investment in developing the job skills of our nation's next generation of workers to be competitive in the global economy.
I'm not saying the social spending is wrong...that's
another conversation. Only that it's misdirection.
Global warming or not....we still need bridges & roads.

Suave

Simulated character
This government is our enemy, the self interest and waste. We have a bloated government only interested in themselves and the power they have. No civil servants, unprincipled, corrupt hirelings
Please let us realize that Medicare's administrative cost per each person insured by Medicare was $132; as of the year 2018 whereas, the average administrative cost of a private health' insurance plan was over $700 during 2018. Perhaps, we should consider private health insurance as being more costly than Medicare, because on the basis of annual administrative cost, a private health insurance plan costs on average over $500 more per insured person than does Medicare. Americans overall could save almost $1.7 trillion in health insurance administrative costs over the course of a decade if all our nation's private health insurance plans were replaced by Medicare-for-all. Please also let us realize U.S. government spending in the midst of a pandemic during 2020 was just barely over half the amount of U.S. private sector spending.

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
No, we pay alot of taxes and way over taxed, government uses taxes to oppress us, the more we pay the more they abuse and waste, like addicts.
They are hirelings not civil servants. Why are you supporting this negligence, are you home collecting from the government demanding more
money while you sit on your butt instead of working?
I figure the government has collected as much in taxes from me as I have received in welfare benefits such as medicaid, SNAP EBT funds and unemployment compensation payments thus far. Currently, I am receiving more income from enhanced unemployment compensation for being a displaced worker due to C.O.V.I.D.-19 than the income I earned while working as a shuttle driver.

Last edited: