• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bigfoot Found?

A

angellous_evangellous

Nick, even at this point, do you honestly not find this funny at all?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Maybe I was taking your sentencing too seriously (throwing poo at them, etc). :D
Anyone who thinks society would have been satisfied with the "evidence" presented at the press conference, most certainly deserves poo. :D

angellous_evangellous said:
Thata way on the next hoax, the media can waste its time (and our valuable advertisement dollars) giving us a laugh AND something good to look at.
Maybe they'll sweeten the deal by putting her in a leapord bikini.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
You know... I'm guessing today would be a good day to dump my old Sasquatch paraphenalia up onto Ebay.

A

angellous_evangellous

Not really. If anything I find it sad for those trying to be legit about such things.

Well, you get the good with the bad.

On the one had, there's the Bigfoot hoaxes that embitter people who take that kind of thing seriously... and on the other hand, I have to see the idiots who present the Flying Spaghetti Monster nonsense at AAR. Even knowing about them wastes valuable space in my brain.

Good thing that God gave us a magical liquid that erases memory.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Oh, that press meeting was interesting. It seems a lot of what was reported as silliness about these guys was just them joking.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
More blurry photos. With cameras as sophisticated as they are today, to get photos this out of focus and over-exposed requires more effort than taking good clear shots.

OutOfTime

i thinks it's a hoax made by the hoaxsters (the ones we blame for making up teh global warming haox, fake food shortages, hurricanes/tornadoes/earthquakes etc).

A

angellous_evangellous

i thinks it's a hoax made by the hoaxsters (the ones we blame for making up teh global warming haox, fake food shortages, hurricanes/tornadoes/earthquakes etc).

I think that it's the same kind of guy who switches decaf for caf at the office coffeepot.

Just for the laughs.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Two men from Georgia, USA, found the body of a 7'7 and 500 pound half-man half-ape creature on Friday. Both were hiking in the woods. They don't claim to just have pictures, or videos, they actually have the body in the freezer! They got a bunch of scientists running DNA tests and the likes on it.

The fishy bits are that they won't let the body be seen and only letting scientists they pick run the DNA tests. HOAX? REAL? I would pay to know. Link below.

Georgia men defend Bigfoot body claims - CNN.com

Last edited:

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Friend Neo-Logic,
The latest is :

"Bigfoot" fails DNA test.
checkout this at: Bigfoot fails DNA test | Reuters

Love & rgds
To be fair, DNA samples are easily contaminated, and the fact that the samples were collected by the two hikers and not a professional doesn't help matters.
They probably plucked a few hairs from the outside of the carcass, without wearing nitrile gloves, contaminating it with their own DNA and the DNA of any animal who had come into contact with the "body".

A

angellous_evangellous

To be fair

What would be fair is if other mythological creatures could be subjected to the same test.

Also, if scientists knew what DNA from a Bigfoot should look like, they would be able to identify it as such. The best thing that could happen is that the DNA test yielded nothing - a new species, which, of course, they could not identify as the Big foot.

It's best to get a hearty laugh out of this rather than to rationalize it. :D

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
To be fair, Bigfoot is hardly mythological. He's akin to an urban legend. :)

Last edited:

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
What would be fair is if other mythological creatures could be subjected to the same test.

Also, if scientists knew what DNA from a Bigfoot should look like, they would be able to identify it as such. The best thing that could happen is that the DNA test yielded nothing - a new species, which, of course, they could not identify as the Big foot.

It's best to get a hearty laugh out of this rather than to rationalize it. :D
Bigfoot DNA would come back as "unknown", but would bear similarities to other primates.