• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Nye booed in Texas after saying the moon reflects light from the sun?

shadow_fire

Thats very....very stupid.....wow I'm....wow....*stunned at idiocy* I would probably be sacrificed for many reasons if I lived in Waco.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Thats very....very stupid.....wow I'm....wow....*stunned at idiocy* I would probably be sacrificed for many reasons if I lived in Waco.

Yes, well, there are some places in Georgia I've been where I have learned the fine art of shutting up. :cover:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In a democracy, people have an obligation to teach their kids at least a little truth. I mean, after all, they might grow up to be voters.

nutshell

In a democracy, people have an obligation to teach their kids at least a little truth. I mean, after all, they might grow up to be voters.

Ah...but truth is in the eye of the beholder. What's "truth" to one is different than "truth" to another.

shadow_fire

Yes, well, there are some places in Georgia I've been where I have learned the fine art of shutting up. :cover:

....Did the mod just tell me to shut up?

....You know a mod is cool when they'll tell the users to shut up. :clap

Or were you saying that if I was in Waco I should shut up to avoid being...you know sacrificed.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
And with that, Bill Nye replaces Richard Dawkins as the leader of the evangelical atheist movement as he publishes his new book The Moon Delusion.:D

Booko

Deviled Hen
....Did the mod just tell me to shut up?

Ack! No! I'm just talkin' as a fellow user unless you see MOD POST up front. :cover:

....You know a mod is cool when they'll tell the users to shut up. :clap

Or were you saying that if I was in Waco I should shut up to avoid being...you know sacrificed.

Yeah, I was saying that in parts of Georgia I've learned to shut up because, yeah, like you in Waco...well, it wouldn't be pretty.

There are still some people around who like to sacrifice chickens, you know. :chicken:

shadow_fire

Ack! No! I'm just talkin' as a fellow user unless you see MOD POST up front. :cover:

Yeah, I was saying that in parts of Georgia I've learned to shut up because, yeah, like you in Waco...well, it wouldn't be pretty.

There are still some people around who like to sacrifice chickens, you know. :chicken:

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up.

I still think I would be sacrificed...........*tries to book room for two men (me and my bf) in waco*

Centi

On the moon it is! :DCan I ask what you meant, then? I mean, there's not a whole lot of wiggle room with the moon reflecting rather than giving off light...

Hehe Gravity isn't even optional there..

Yeah especially since Americans has been there and looked for your selfs. They reported no light source I think .. But then again there is some who suggest that the Americans never where there..

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
Oh god. Don't tell them the light you see from other planets, including our own when viewed from space, is a reflection of the sun.
I guess Waco has earned it's right to more "wacko" jokes.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
eh? it does give off some heat (not much reaches us)... the light side is quite a bit warmer than the dark side.
It just isn't enough, as it is absorbing a lot of that heat itself, to make a huge difference to us. The lunar rocks are highly relfective.

Perhaps it has more to do with the wavelengths the moon relfects. Not much in the way of Infrared, hence "moon light" is quite different from direct sun light.

wa:do

rojse

RF Addict
It doesn't give off it's own heat, like the sun. It just absorbs it. That's why the dark side of the moon is cooler.