• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Nye booed in Texas after saying the moon reflects light from the sun?

MdmSzdWhtGuy

I can not understand why any church would wish their followers to display such a lack of intelligence and understanding.
something is seriously awry in the world.
Fortunately such people are in a very small minority here and keep their heads down, so the contagion does not spread so easily.

Do not be so sure. I live in Texas about 3 hours North of where this event occurred. Those people who stormed out are not as hard to find as you would think. I personally know three different people I have worked with over the past couple of years who firmly beleive that the Earth is 4,000 years old, 2,000 years from Creation to the Flood, 2,000 years from Flood to now, and Jesus is coming back at any moment to set the Jews, Muslims and Athiests straight and take the Good Christians (i.e. non-Catholics, and non-Orthodox) to Heaven. And all three have been to college, and 2 of the three are licensed attorneys.

People who think that way in Texas are neither in the minority, nor do they keep their heads down. That kind of thinking is absolutely rampant here. It baffles me on a daily basis, but it is the way of things here.

B.