• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Lives Matter Group Told Meeting Must Include Anyone

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Plenty of private meeting rooms for hire in the UK. some in Public buildings.
As long as it is not illegal nor causes a public nuisance or disturbance they don't care.
However public meetings must include all comers.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I haven't questioned your use, but thank you for the aside. We can without doubt establish that perception of race, however difficult to pin down is consequential. I am not saying that it is not. I am questioning the assertion that the racism is "built in." If you think this is true then you can explain.
Only that children tend to resist those who look different than what they're used to, plus studies done with variations of human anatomy indicate that appearance does matter.

metis

A statement by a person cannot be institutional racism...

Not true, as institutionalized racism can affect thought, behavior, and speech. IOW, it's a mindset that can have various manifestations, and we see this played out in undoubtedly most societies in the world. It is very insidious and strongly tends to effect the subconscious. Ever take a social-psychology class, by chance?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Not true, as institutionalized racism can affect thought, behavior, and speech. IOW, it's a mindset that can have various manifestations, and we see this played out in undoubtedly most societies in the world. It is very insidious and strongly tends to effect the subconscious. Ever take a social-psychology class, by chance?

Lol, institutional racism can have an effect on thought. That is very different than a person's statement being institutional racism. I don't mean to split hairs here, but it is very important that you understand this.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Only that children tend to resist those who look different than what they're used to, plus studies done with variations of human anatomy indicate that appearance does matter.
That seems like a lot of unnecessary assumptions that you're affording yourself. Those unnecessary assumptions are of course environmental factors which goes to prove my point that it is not built in.

Cheers though.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Lol, institutional racism can have an effect on thought. That is very different than a person's statement being institutional racism. I don't mean to split hairs here, but it is very important that you understand this.
You basically just stated that someone who is an anthropologist that he just needs understand a basic social-psychology and anthropology concept.
That seems like a lot of unnecessary assumptions that you're affording yourself. Those unnecessary assumptions are of course environmental factors which goes to prove my point that it is not built in.
They are not assumptions, but well researched and documented studies.

metis

I have taken classes on this and taught it for over three decades, and you simply do not know what you are talking about. "Institutionalized racism" is very insidious and can have far reaching effects.

Therefore, our discussion has just come to an end. So, instead of just posting "LOL", maybe you would be a lot better off actually doing some studying on the matter. Here's a good place for you to start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_racism

Goodbye.

metis

Cheers though.
^^ignore list^^

Curious George

Veteran Member
You basically just stated that someone who is an anthropologist that he just needs understand a basic social-psychology and anthropology concept.

They are not assumptions, but well researched and documented studies.
Um, I told a person asserting that an individual's statement cannot be institutional racism.

It is a pretty cut and dry matter. A person is not an institution. If anyone here thinks a person is an institution then they are confused.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I have taken classes on this and taught it for over three decades, and you simply do not know what you are talking about. "Institutionalized racism" is very insidious and can have far reaching effects.

Therefore, our discussion has just come to an end. So, instead of just posting "LOL", maybe you would be a lot better off actually doing some studying on the matter. Here's a good place for you to start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_racism

Goodbye.
you have students that people are institutions?

I think you taught them incorrectly, if that is the case.